Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Live Fan Appreciation Sale

• NeoStrayCatNeoStrayCat295,904
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:25, Edited on 23 November 11 at 08:27 by NeoStrayCat
    Aardvark Vulgar said:
    Outrun Online Arcade is suppose to be taken off the XBLA in a month... nice job there.

I do have a question about that though. If I get all the online achievements, do I need to complete the game before they delist it; do I have to have an internet connection to play?

The reason I ask is becasue people say it is being taken off the delisted from the xbox and the game also suggests that is might require LIVE in order to play.

Also, by delisting, are they delisting just the game, or taken away all online activity, or taking away the full game?

Just some dumb questions, but I would like them to be answered smile.
    Nope, if you still have the game, even if its delisted, you'll still earn online achievements, and the servers for delisted games like UMK3 and Marble Blast Ultra are still running.

Also, if you happen to delete it for any reason, you can still get it back from your DL history, even if its no longer on the marketplace.
    I've Come to Deliver some Bad Luck!
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 08:47
    Just before I start to play revelations, I was so happy to see Da Vinci Disappearance DLC on Sale.
  • CuteAzzCuteAzz351,740
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 09:08
    I want discount for Mass Effect 2 DLC's...
  • PatsredsPatsreds148,634
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 09:18
    Thought to myself, "I wonder if Happy tree friends is worth picking up?" Click on the game to check it out, see - Dimitri said:
    About as much fun as dry heaving.
    laugh I'll steer clear - thanks Dimitri!
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 11:40
    Super Meat Boy for me
    DLC for the rich, online-passes for the blind!
  • dancrozierdancrozier523,119
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 11:58
    Nooo.. Just gave AC:Bro back to my friend last week

Wil pick up super meat boy I think, maybe stacking
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 12:22
    I'm only going to buy 1 Bejeweled game but which one is the better one?

- Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
    - Bejeweled 2
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 13:18
    SilentHunter382 said:

- Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
    - Bejeweled 2
    Bejeweled 2 is the more of the relaxing and partly endless kind.
    Bejeweled Blitz is more the competition-type with hasty one-minute-rounds to score as many points as possible and weekly leaderboards.

For me 2 was too boring overall, but I really liked Blitz, which I'm still playing on my mobile while sitting on the crapper.
    DLC for the rich, online-passes for the blind!
  • Im the LoraxIm the Lorax308,198
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 13:35
    Definately super meat boy and happy tree friends. great deals too bad i have alot of them already at full price facepalm
  • Chad WilburnChad Wilburn1,475,160
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 13:54
    XxJesusNinjaxX said:
    Can someone please answer this question for me, With those Pinball FX2 tables on sale, if you own the ORIGINAL Pinball FX, do you still need to buy those particular packs?? I swear some of those tables within the packs are in the original and didn't know if they would carry over to the new one????
    They roll over from the old one. Don't buy you already have them when you upload Pinball 2.
  • ZabovZabov179,335
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 14:10
    Super Meat Boy, The Baconing and the Pinball Fx 2 tables!
    Great!
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin524,240
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 15:02
    SilentHunter382 said:

- Bejeweled Blitz LIVE
    - Bejeweled 2
    I bought Blitz, i'm really getting the hang of it improving my score though i am quite slow still on twist
  • Posted on 23 November 11 at 16:04
    Super Meat Boy and the AC Da Vinci DLC, got both yesterday. This is better than the black friday deals, at least to me.
    Live and Let Live!
  • OllieDOllieD66,095 66,095 GamerScore
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 17:29
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    Mark Farley said:
    Don't buy the themes as they won't work in a few weeks time. Well the backgrounds will.
    Agreed...from what I hear they have reverted back to the "non-premium" look. Never been a fan of themes that weren't free anyhow.
    I'm Sick Of People Posting This Garbage.angry

PREMIUM THEMES STILL WORK!

Their Was a Glitch In The BETA Of The New Dash That Broke Them But Microsoft Were Aware Of This Issue And Have Since FIXED It!
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley739,893
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 18:54
    OllieD said:
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    Mark Farley said:
    Don't buy the themes as they won't work in a few weeks time. Well the backgrounds will.
    Agreed...from what I hear they have reverted back to the "non-premium" look. Never been a fan of themes that weren't free anyhow.

Their Was a Glitch In The BETA Of The New Dash That Broke Them But Microsoft Were Aware Of This Issue And Have Since FIXED It!
    I have had the Preview for a couple of weeks now. The only visible difference between premium and regular themes is the artwork behind your friends avatars on the friends list. Backgrounds have always been visible and still are.

The only additional artwork you'll see behind an avatar is the one in your own profile which you have to manually work your to (rather than showing straight away on the dash), not your friends.

So if you want spend additional points on your avatar background then you can. I'd rather spend money elsewhere. You have to bear in mind that you can upload any background from your PC to work as a background too, so potentially you can get the premium theme background for free.
    So, if y
    MY TA interview -http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=941741&anchor=946755
  • SanadaSanada708,061
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 19:21
    Decent deals, but none that appeal to me really. Strange to see Bad Company 2 listed as Battlefield 2 though. Hopefully nobody mixes that up as that would lead to rage posts galore. I'll be waiting for MK Kollection to be 50% off. clap
    You seem a little furious...
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje407,786
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 20:13
    Pinball tables for 100 MSP a piece....Everyone, be sure to grab them while they're hot!
    You'll be amazed at the amount of time you'll be putting in Pinball and enjoying every second of it (well, except when you lose your ball...AGAIN!)
    They're worth every penny.
  • FiDRoCFiDRoC161,476
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 20:20
    Mark Farley said:
    OllieD said:
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    Mark Farley said:

I have had the Preview for a couple of weeks now. The only visible difference between premium and regular themes is the artwork behind your friends avatars on the friends list. Backgrounds have always been visible and still are.

The only additional artwork you'll see behind an avatar is the one in your own profile which you have to manually work your to (rather than showing straight away on the dash), not your friends.

So if you want spend additional points on your avatar background then you can. I'd rather spend money elsewhere. You have to bear in mind that you can upload any background from your PC to work as a background too, so potentially you can get the premium theme background for free.
    So, if y
    I'm also on the beta and had another system update only last night (the third one now) and that seemed to fix the premium theme issue. If you've not recieved that update yet then I imagine it's on the way. They probably roll them out in the same order people applied for them as banging them all out simultaneously would only put unneccessary strain on the servers.

Anyway the upshot is that premium themes DO work on the new dash so if you're into that sort of thing go crazy and treat yourself to a couple new ones toast
  • ErunionErunion215,841
    Posted on 23 November 11 at 20:25, Edited on 23 November 11 at 20:27 by Erunion
    Picked up Super Meat Boy and the Pinball FX 2 tables (the Core and Marvel sets, already had Classic from FX1). Good times. smile

Still have some points I was planning on saving for Batman skins and Assassin's Creed multiplayer characters (yes, I know, I'm a horrible person) but not sure what's going to be available Friday or Monday so that might change.
  • Posted on 24 November 11 at 16:01
    If you watch the inside xbox holiday sale piece there are many more discounts coming in the next few days - I like Beyond Good and Evil around 70% off!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.