The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

EA Sports XBL Sale

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:47
    so one year of XBL and 3200 msp total for 52 bucks.......not bad at all
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • Ample SaltyAmple Salty356,936
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:48
    NHL Arcade is worth it for the menu sound effects alone.
  • jnich87jnich87417,382
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:49
    XPhilesinIA said:
    so one year of XBL and 3200 msp total for 52 bucks.......not bad at all
    agreed. i just got 6 months and 1600 points.
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:50
    Looks like I'm going to pass on everything that is offered until The Sacrifice DLC for L4D gets a price cut.
    Why must people cry when certain rules aren't followed in the Random Chat forums?
  • Drummin003Drummin003148,195
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:53, Edited on 02 January 13 at 17:55 by Drummin003
    I've never been a big fan of sports games and I was debating whether or not to buy NBA Jam when it first came out on a disk, but the fact that the On Fire Ed. is on sale and the servers won't be shut down in a week's time make this very tempting. I mean seriously... who didn't play NBA Jam and start throwing up 3s at will with Miller or Payton, or throw the ball down low and have Shaq, Robinson or Hakeem throw down on someone?

XBL Prophet said:
    Looks like I'm going to pass on everything that is offered until The Sacrifice DLC for L4D gets a price cut.
    Good luck with that. Valve is notorious for never putting anything they make on sale unless you buy it on Steam.
    Killin' In The Name Of
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon476,929
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 17:57
    Not a fan of EA, but a fan of XBLA. Are any of these worth it?
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • MADDL007MADDL007240,145
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:16
    Just tried to grab the 3 month w/ free 800 points...and it is now saying sold out. Also not available to even add to the cart any longer (for in-store or shipping).

I did buy the 12 month for $40 though. When I go to pick it up today I am going to see if they have the 3 month deal in store, and will get at least a year's worth if they do.
  • ReaboReabo745,666
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:22
    XPhilesinIA said:
    InigoMontoya80 said:
    XPhilesinIA said:
    Bestbuy having killer sale today

3mo XBL for 12.99 and free 800 msp
    Where is the free 800 points??
    it gets added to your cart after you go to checkout
    They are actually closing 9 this month....bastards
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:23
    hmm, wrong post perhaps?

i just got my three codes , iwill be buying more cards
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • JusticeEMUJusticeEMU457,124
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:47
    Oriole2682 said:
    Arcade servers DONT EVER close...
    this guy gets it
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:52
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    this guy gets it
    I can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic. On one hand it kinda makes sense, but what if the game gets delisted?
  • InigoMontoya80InigoMontoya802,412,357
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:54
    ScreenSingerX said:
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    this guy gets it
    I can't tell if this is serious or sarcastic. On one hand it kinda makes sense, but what if the game gets delisted?
    Servers still stay up on delisted games. I have several delisted games that can still be played online
  • Snow BrigadeSnow Brigade173,470
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:54
    Nice! Exactly why I belong to this site. Thanks for the heads up!

Also NFL arcade vs. blitz- is one better or both good?
    Don't let difficult achievements prevent you from enjoying great games.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,181,054
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:55
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    this guy gets it
    That's not entirely true...ask anyone needing the online scrabble achv! All of these games have the obligatory EA statement about servers closing, so while only a few arcade games have had servers closed to date, it's not impossible. Knock out the online early!!

...also, xbla games get delisted (gone forever), which retail games do not...so there is a balance, of sorts. You can always find a retail disc, but online might not work, and you can't get xbla titles forever, but even delisted games still have servers running! (Yaris, TMNT, etc)
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • InigoMontoya80InigoMontoya802,412,357
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 18:57
    ScuzzyBunny said:
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    this guy gets it
    That's not entirely true...ask anyone needing the online scrabble achv! All of these games have the obligatory EA statement about servers closing, so while only a few arcade games have had servers closed to date, it's not impossible. Knock out the online early!!

...also, xbla games get delisted (gone forever), which retail games do not...so there is a balance, of sorts. You can always find a retail disc, but online might not work, and you can't get xbla titles forever, but even delisted games still have servers running! (Yaris, TMNT, etc)
    Scrabble is the only one I can think of. Good call. Most arcade games are usually safe. Scrabble was strange because of how the whole FGN was structured
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 13 at 19:48
    NFL blitz achievements are stupidly annoying. Get arcade.
    Oh Republicans! You lost! Get over it! Wake up! You are a dying breed! 4 MORE YEARS!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 13 at 19:48
    Got both NFL Blitz and NBA Jam for free on PS-Plus.

Way to play catch up and do it miserably, M$.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 02 January 13 at 19:58
    Hairy Cabbage said:
    EA games on sale? Servers must be closing in a month.
    Damn straight! - I thought this was a hoax, EA SPORTS GAMES ON SALE! - Why don't you go blow a goat!!
    May you unlock as many achievements as you want, but never want as long as you unlock achievements
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 20:05
    ScuzzyBunny said:
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    this guy gets it

I feel like I've definitely seen retail games get delisted, in a manner of speaking. I mean obviously they still exist, but the gallery and extras get taken down. For instance I've heard there's Turok DLC, but you can't find the game if you search for it. I don't know if this has ever happened with DLC that has achievements. Probably happens mostly with games where the only "extras" are old trailers no one would watch anymore.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude722,475
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 20:10
    MIght pick up NHL and NFL
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.