EA Sports XBL Sale

• Posted on 02 January 13 at 20:14
    ScreenSingerX said:
    ScuzzyBunny said:
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Arcade servers DONT EVER close...
    this guy gets it
    That's not entirely true...ask anyone needing the online scrabble achv! All of these games have the obligatory EA statement about servers closing, so while only a few arcade games have had servers closed to date, it's not impossible. Knock out the online early!!

...also, xbla games get delisted (gone forever), which retail games do not...so there is a balance, of sorts. You can always find a retail disc, but online might not work, and you can't get xbla titles forever, but even delisted games still have servers running! (Yaris, TMNT, etc)
    I feel like I've definitely seen retail games get delisted, in a manner of speaking. I mean obviously they still exist, but the gallery and extras get taken down. For instance I've heard there's Turok DLC, but you can't find the game if you search for it. I don't know if this has ever happened with DLC that has achievements. Probably happens mostly with games where the only "extras" are old trailers no one would watch anymore.
    All of this. I just bought FGN for my son.. then found out that I can only get 90 out of 91 achievements because EA closed the servers. So don't tell me Arcade servers never close.

PS - I love the 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. It is fun absolutely crushing people with no penalties. Just wish they would have updated the players and let you pick the actual teams to play with. I mean red vs. blue every game? Did Bungie/343 make the game in secret?
  • InigoMontoya80InigoMontoya802,405,834
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 20:32
    GiantBallOfOil said:
    ScreenSingerX said:
    ScuzzyBunny said:
    JusticeEMU said:
    Oriole2682 said:
    Arcade servers DONT EVER close...
    this guy gets it
    That's not entirely true...ask anyone needing the online scrabble achv! All of these games have the obligatory EA statement about servers closing, so while only a few arcade games have had servers closed to date, it's not impossible. Knock out the online early!!

...also, xbla games get delisted (gone forever), which retail games do not...so there is a balance, of sorts. You can always find a retail disc, but online might not work, and you can't get xbla titles forever, but even delisted games still have servers running! (Yaris, TMNT, etc)
    I feel like I've definitely seen retail games get delisted, in a manner of speaking. I mean obviously they still exist, but the gallery and extras get taken down. For instance I've heard there's Turok DLC, but you can't find the game if you search for it. I don't know if this has ever happened with DLC that has achievements. Probably happens mostly with games where the only "extras" are old trailers no one would watch anymore.
    All of this. I just bought FGN for my son.. then found out that I can only get 90 out of 91 achievements because EA closed the servers. So don't tell me Arcade servers never close.

PS - I love the 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. It is fun absolutely crushing people with no penalties. Just wish they would have updated the players and let you pick the actual teams to play with. I mean red vs. blue every game? Did Bungie/343 make the game in secret?
    There is a difference between DLC and an Arcade game. FGN is technically a DLC not a full on arcade release. It is a very strange situation and a gray area. And about the DLC being removed I have seen several DLC's with achievements be delisted as well as Games on Demand.
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto147,958
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 20:58
    Very er... "American" sale, this, haha
    Cash prize moniiies
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 21:09
    EA, whatever you offer... shove it up ur...!!!
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 21:31
    Got 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, looks quite fun and easy completion
  • InigoMontoya80InigoMontoya802,405,834
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 21:35
    Bazinga I said:
    Got 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, looks quite fun and easy completion
    Easy, most definately. At the price (200 MSP) it will be fun and you will get your moneys worth out of it. I was hoping it would be more like NHL Hitz (favorite "sports" game of all time) but it fell short.
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry392,205
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 21:53
    Really wish I had a kinect for diabolical pitch...
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 22:40
    InigoMontoya80 said:
    Hustlinonradio said:
    NBA JAM for 600 msp is a STEAL PEOPLE. The game is better than the retail version (and will still have it's servers).
    Going to pick it up. I almost bought it 3 days ago. Glad I waited
    Ive been waiting for NBA JAM and NFL Blitz to go on sale yes !!! headspin
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 23:05
    Acceleretto said:
    Very er... "American" sale, this, haha
    We like our sports. It's what makes us better than Canada. True story.

(I'd say I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but until you show me a popular-selling game based on Canadian football, I'm gonna have to hold my tongue on that. And that's football football, not that European thing where everyone gives themselves concussions and Guana fakes injuries to cheat the timer in the World Cup.)
  • XonatronXonatron182,569
    Posted on 02 January 13 at 23:44
    Had to get 3 on 3 NHL Arcade... from my old school days of playing NHL Arcade on the first Xbox.
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • ISAMU MkIIISAMU MkII293,006
  • Posted on 03 January 13 at 01:36
    Nothing for me this week !!!

I just don`t play year to year games !
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip367,227
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 02:36
    3 on 3 for 200 sounds pretty good to me.
  • CoolguystuffCoolguystuff139,895 139,895 GamerScore
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 07:08
    I already have the NBA Jam: On Fire Edition, much much much better than the retail version and I'm fairly certain that the servers are still up unlike the retail version. But I still can't understand why I haven't bought NFL Blitz, anyone have anything to say about this game? Is it good? Bad? Mediocre? Is it worth full price?
    "Hark! My Cthulhu sense is tingling! There's a hot chick in the vicinity!"
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 03 January 13 at 08:57
    I already own 3 on 3 and Madden. Passing on the other two,
    Goat
  • Solario32Solario32322,452
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 14:19
    XPhilesinIA said:
    Bestbuy having killer sale today

3mo XBL for 12.99 and free 800 msp
    O wow, that is a sick deal. Thanks for the heads up.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon476,761
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 18:28
    Daeryoon said:
    Not a fan of EA, but a fan of XBLA. Are any of these worth it?
    I repeat: Anything worth picking up from this sale?
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,180,697
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 19:25, Edited on 03 January 13 at 19:25 by ScuzzyBunny
    200 msp games are almost always automatic for me, but I already have 3 on 3...

I'd say all of them are worth picking up for these prices. The only one that isn't just crazy fun, IMO, is Madden arcade, but it's still a decent game. Jam/Blitz are always fun, and 3 on 3 is a crazy hockey game with all kinds of power ups and things like that.

I think the obvious answer to "are they worth picking up" has to be to simply download the demo and try them for yourself...great feature of the 360!!
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney500,024
    Posted on 03 January 13 at 21:49
    I wanted to get Blitz, but looking at the achievements I am going to pass on it.
    MizerisMoney
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty714,190
    Posted on 04 January 13 at 01:17
    Hairy Cabbage said:
    EA games on sale? Servers must be closing in a month.
    That joke is getting really old and boring now.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.