Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Player Ratings Fan Vote Opens

• Posted on 31 July 12 at 03:40Permalink
    You voted for the cover star, now vote on his skills

Though the series has its detractors, EA's Madden NFL has always remained close with its ardent community of loyal football fanatics. After another successful cover vote promotion that put Detroit Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson in line to make or break the "curse", EA Sports is now opening up their polls to fans for another aspect of the game.

Starting today and continuing through August 24th, gamers can log onto Facebook and cast their votes for who they think should be given the top skill points in a few key areas. For example, log-in now to vote for which quarterback should be given the highest speed attribute. Will it be Robert Griffin III? Mike Vick? What about Terrelle Pryor? You can decide now. At time of writing, RG3 leads the way. Here's the full schedule of the fan polls:
    • July 30 – Aug 3: Quarterbacks – Speed, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Awareness
    • Aug 6 – 10: Running Backs – Speed, Acceleration, Trucking, Elusiveness
    • Aug 13 – 17: Wide Receivers – Speed, Spectacular Catch, Route Running, Agility
    • Aug 20 – 24: Defense – Speed, Hit Power, Tackling, Man Coverage
    As a Titans fan, I'll be campaigning to get Chris Johnson the top speed attribute for runningbacks. Who will you be voting for? https://www.trueachievements.com/Madden-NFL-13-xbox-360.htm takes the field on August 28th.
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 03:48Permalink
    As a Giants fan, all Giants stats rated 99! WOOO!!!
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 03:51Permalink
    I think putting ratings in the fans hands could be a bad idea. Hopefully they don't over do them.
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 03:55Permalink
    biggerballblat said:
    I think putting ratings in the fans hands could be a bad idea. Hopefully they don't over do them.
    yea this just seems stupid,they must be getting tired of fans hating on them for having a players skill below what the fans think it should be.
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,035,805
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:03Permalink
    Heaven In Vain said:
    biggerballblat said:
    yea this just seems stupid,they must be getting tired of fans hating on them for having a players skill below what the fans think it should be.
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this idea...
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:06Permalink
    Just make Megatron a 120 overall.
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:10Permalink
    Tupacalypse129 said:
    ^^^THIS!
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:14Permalink
    biggerballblat said:
    It sounds like you misread it. Fans won't be deciding every player's attributes, only a few key attributes for different positions. It's to decide who gets the highest rating at the respective position and skill. For example, highest speed attribute for a QB will go to Vick, Pryor, or Griffin III. Then for speed at WR, we might see guys like Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson and Devery Henderson, and so on.
  • Bar6arianBar6arian514,785
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:23Permalink
    Still may not be a good idea as the player that is voted the most, may not be the best in the league in their attribute. Now if the servers would update in real time, that would be interesting.
    A trying completionist
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205322,890
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 04:43Permalink
    What I'm guessing they're planning on doing is having the "key stat" have essentially a 98 maximum for all players, except for the player being voted on, who will have a unique 99 rating at that stat. This would cause not overly drastic changes, while still being able to say there was fan input and also putting the blame on the fans when NFL players inevitably come out and complain about how their stats aren't close enough to real life.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,515
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 05:06Permalink
    Unfortunately, this WILL matter, as there are 10 ranked online achvs in this years version. For my personal team, 99s and created players make it so much more fun!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 05:40Permalink
    Where do you vote? I went to the facebook page and theres nothing there about voting. Also when does the demo come out?
    DoctorWeston05
  • BeachemBeachem273,695
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 05:41Permalink
    Tupacalypse129 said:
    Agreed lol. It would be awesome if you could actually play a game of Madden with an all star team of video game characters lol. Master Chief, Shepard, John Marston, etc.
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 12:11Permalink
    Beachem said:
    Agreed lol. It would be awesome if you could actually play a game of Madden with an all star team of video game characters lol. Master Chief, Shepard, John Marston, etc.
    That is called Final Fantasy Football.
  • turkeyflyturkeyfly617,617
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 12:37Permalink
    Its just for launch anyway. Those who go for achievements change ratings for who they need, and the people who play madden just to play will download the roster updates a few weeks later anyway.
  • Rugburn1976Rugburn1976171,914
    Posted on 31 July 12 at 12:51Permalink
    I'd like to see Megatron (CJ) line up across from Megatron (Decepticon)
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 13:23Permalink
    I think some people are missing the fact that Calvin Johnson (cover athlete for the game and Lions wide receiver) is nicknamed Megatron.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 31 July 12 at 13:39Permalink
    can we vote to not close the server?
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 13:56Permalink
    I've always thought all Player Ratings should be determined by real life results taken from tests performed at one day of training camp.. have everyone run and lift and throw and kick and hit a bag with a sensor in it and get measured and weighed and see what the results are. It is an exclusive contract so why not go for extreme realism?
  • Posted on 31 July 12 at 15:27Permalink
    Didnt EA relase just like 2 days ago the top 10 rated QBs going into the game? With Vick being a 89, E Manning being a 98 (like seriously WTF) and Rodgers being a 99?

What is the point of this?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.