Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Honors Tomlinson with Farewell Screens

• Posted on 19 June 12 at 07:56Permalink
    #21 has retired

One of this generation's greatest NFL runningbacks, and arguably one of the greatest ever at the position, LaDainian Tomlinson, had hours ago signed a one day contract and retired a member of the San Diego Chargers. It's always a momentous occasion when a player of his caliber steps off the field for the final time, and EA Sports took notice. They released this trio of screens that show LT doing what he did best for the better part of his eleven professional seasons -- making people miss.

EA Sports and the Madden team appropriately titled these screens "Thanks for the Memories, LT". Apologies to any Broncos fans.

https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/007949.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/007948.jpg
    https://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/007950.jpg

With LT out of this year's Madden, who will you be carrying the ball with now? Look for https://www.trueachievements.com/Madden-NFL-13-xbox-360.htm to hit stores on August 28th.
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 08:05Permalink
    Haven't used LT in Madden in like 3 or so years, great player with tons of class though, he'll be missed regardless if you rooted for his teams or not.
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 08:27Permalink
    Sucks for the sport he will probably end up an espn someway I bet. But the game with those screens, I say it looks promising...but I wouldnt count on it.
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • CM TranceCM Trance191,514
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 08:35Permalink
    Classy.
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 08:44Permalink
    Why is it all against the Broncos? Boo.
    www.rhunekincaid.com
  • T4llboyT4llboy562,805
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 09:09Permalink
    Synjin Savant2 said:
    Why is it all against the Broncos? Boo.
    I'm assuming its because of this:

His most memorable moment with San Diego came on Dec. 10, 2006, when he swept into the end zone late in a game against the Denver Broncos for his third touchdown of the afternoon to break Shaun Alexander's year-old record of 28 touchdowns.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chargers/story/2...
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 11:24Permalink
    I loved playing with the Chargers back in the day just because of LT. He would break through the guys with no problem at all. I remember I went through 5 or so guys in a cluster and just juked my way through them to score a long TD.

LT is arguably one of the best RBs EVER.

Now I usually roll with the Ravens. Ray Rice is a monster.

Also, as one local NFL star leaves, another enters (RG3)
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • xMac73xMac73480,320
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 11:27Permalink
    I never was a big fan of LT or the Chargers, but congrats to him on his retirement.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 June 12 at 11:53Permalink
    He was a good player for many years, but he was somewhat over rated, his sharp decline after the 2007 season would keep him from the Hall Of Fame in my mind, however in the end, it is hard to argue against all the records he holds
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 12:22Permalink
    LT is a lock for the HoF. There are guys in that have done less.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,035,805
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 12:43Permalink
    Boy was LT one of my favorite RBs. It was hard seeing him fall to mediocrity with the Jets in his "old" age (for a RB at least), but they all get to that point eventually. That is unless you're Barry Sanders and retire like a year after rushing for 2,000 yards. It's been a fun ride, LT.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,515
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:01Permalink
    Enjoyed meeting him and having his brother as a customer when I worked in Waco...great career, and as a die hard Cowboys fan, always happy to see one more RB fall short of Emmitt's record...nice cushion now, as the next active player (Thomas Jons) is almost 8k yards behind!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 17:06Permalink
    Arguably one of the best ever? He IS one of the best ever
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 17:22Permalink
    Never been a chargers fan but always respected LT for the way he played and carried himself off the field. Classy move by EA for a classy player.
  • E 5TREETE 5TREET339,888
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 18:06Permalink
    LT was the best running back in the early 2000s and will always be a hof in my eyes , sucks that his run ended so soon . Stand up guy on and off the field
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 18:31Permalink
    He was a good RB one of my favorites and i watched him on the Chargers alot and the last 2 he spent with the Jets
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 18:42Permalink
    Always hated him because Priest Holmes was my favorite RB and I always argued he was better.
  • xIan Iz RadxxIan Iz Radx156,745
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 18:56Permalink
    Remember when LT cried about the Patriots in a playoff game against them... haha
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 19:29Permalink
    LT and Walter Payton are my favorite RBs of all time. Im going to miss seeing him on the field.
  • SanadaSanada661,762
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 21:56Permalink
    xIan Iz Radx said:
    Remember when LT cried about the Patriots in a playoff game against them... haha
    Remember when the Patriots cheated in order to win...Haha.

LT will easily be inducted in tot he Hall of Fame and could very well be the best of all time despite what the records say. Certainly a class act and wish he could have stayed around for a couple more years to teach these punky up comers what it's about. May have seemed mediocre with the Jets these past couple years but he still out did Greene in my opinion. laugh
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.