Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The First Templar Arena DLC Available Now

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,843
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 18:56
    Fight for your life

The First Templar has only been released in Europe, but the DLC that has been packaged with the Special Edition is now available for purchase from the marketplace in North America and Europe. The DLC adds six achievements worth a total of 250G.

Caught by the vile Byzantine, you have to survive the perils of the Arena. Fight for your life, face the Gauntlet and stage your escape. Chose who will stand beside you as you confront the Byzantine and his minions.
    "The First Templar: The Arena" DLC costs 400 MSP and is available to buy from here.

The First Templar is due to be released on May 10th in North America.
  • oO CurrY OooO CurrY Oo218,731
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 19:01
    So now they're releasing DLC for a game before the game itself is out? Awesome...
  • CyberSpectreCyberSpectre129,799
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 19:03
    at least it's only 400 ms points to unlock stuff already on the disc
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan688,944
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 19:03
    oO CurrY Oo said:
    So now they're releasing DLC for a game before the game itself is out? Awesome...
    It came out on the 6th on this side of the pond. so effectively it IS post release.
  • Posted on 07 May 11 at 19:04
    Will buy the packaged one..not sure if this is a poor Assassin's Creed, have to read some Reviews first..
  • Calex dEUSCalex dEUS1,186,155
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 20:38
    Wait , this doesn't come free if you buy game new? They can keep it :(
  • Posted on 07 May 11 at 21:09
    I'll wait on a few reviews before a purchase could end up being a bargain bin game
  • Posted on 07 May 11 at 21:17
    was quick..
    !!.DA CYBER SQUAD.!!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,168,930
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 22:06
    It's not that strange really. It's content that came with the Special Edition of the game, their just allowing everyone else to pay to get it with a regular edition. It's not paying for content "already on the disc" in any way shape or form. And as the post says, it's been released in Europe so it's not a DLC released before the game. In my opinion it looks pretty good, but I agree with Antareal about waiting. Definitely have a good feeling about it though.
  • GwrathGwrath227,894
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 22:43
    Hopefully this is good. It looks interesting.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,849
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 23:20
    I think they should have waited at least until the US got it.
  • Posted on 08 May 11 at 00:19
    wow, it's pretty obvious how much DLC is a cash grab now, huh?
  • SanadaSanada680,799
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 00:42
    Unlock codes are the new way of companies slapping their fans in the face. Gotta love it. Still, at least it's only 400.
    You seem a little furious...
  • wes coasnwes coasn501,439
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 01:38
    Ill wait for a black Friday special and then buy the DLC.
  • Posted on 08 May 11 at 04:23
    This sounds like another game capitalizing on the recent fad of a "Horde mode''.
    Nobody does it quite like Gears though.
  • Posted on 08 May 11 at 04:27
    Can anyone tell me about this game? Looks like it could be like a Dante's Inferno or Castlelvania:LoS, which would make me very interested.
    Thin Blue Line
  • NTSA SpadesNTSA Spades120,155
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 04:50
    Nod Nolan said:
    oO CurrY Oo said:
    It came out on the 6th on this side of the pond. so effectively it IS post release.
    Eh... Still tho. Most releases aren't more than a few days apart. Theres no need to be slapping us in the face with content before the disc is even technically available. I love me some DLC, but they are abusing the hell out of it..
    Really? THAT offended you?
  • Golgo28Golgo28190,896
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 07:09
    the game doesn't seem that interesting to me.think i'll just stick with buying brink on may 10th.
    It's all the small things,that add up to the truely great things.
  • NO1KEVNO1KEV2,274,139
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 10:03
    Wow another company jumpin on dlc bandwagon. All devs R just greedy. Trust me this game sucks played it at a mates other day its horrible. Wouldn't play it if someone gave it to me for nothin'
  • AmendocremAmendocrem29,852
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 20:31
    seems nice..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.