Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The First Templar Arena DLC Available Now

• PolerandPolerand194,735
    Posted on 08 May 11 at 21:15
    Regardless of its release in Europe they are releasing DLC in a region where the game has yet to be released, which is foolishness if it's not the stand-alone sort. Likely won't be noticed by most consumers, though.
  • Posted on 08 May 11 at 23:39
    Nod Nolan said:
    oO CurrY Oo said:
    So now they're releasing DLC for a game before the game itself is out? Awesome...
    It came out on the 6th on this side of the pond. so effectively it IS post release.
    Even if it did, it still isn't fully released, and is obviously just a greedy way to get more money, completely ready before released anywhere.
  • Posted on 09 May 11 at 13:41
    Sounds like the company is being nice and giving players an second opportunity to get bonus special edition content. This way, they make more money and people who like the game more than they expected to can get content they would have missed out on had the company kept it exclusive. I don't think that's so terrible like many are making it out to be.

Doesn't matter to me though. Always believed that if a game is good enough to be bought, then I have no problem giving up a little extra cash to support the devs. They work hard and I would like to see them stay in business and keep making good games! smile

(Haven't played this game yet though, so not claiming it's good. Sadly, it seems it there's a much greater chance it's bad. Just saying I don't think they need to be crucified for this quick DLC.. )
    I aim to misbehave!
  • BeachemBeachem497,966
    Posted on 09 May 11 at 13:44
    That's a little weird but whatever. This game sounds interesting
  • xGunna 94xxGunna 94x350,323
    Posted on 09 May 11 at 18:10
    Is this game worth buying? i've seen gameplay and it looks crap
  • Posted on 10 May 11 at 08:53
    You guys will really pay for content, which is already on the disc (this dlc is just unlock key)? laugh
  • misfit119misfit1191,041,150
    Posted on 10 May 11 at 20:49
    REBORN GAIDIN said:
    I don't think that's so terrible like many are making it out to be.

Just saying I don't think they need to be crucified for this quick DLC.. )
    Normally I'd agree with you in that I don't see a problem with companies working on DLC as soon as a game goes gold. I don't mind day 1 announcements of DLC or even smaller day 1 DLC like alternate costumes and the like. But when you can own DLC for a game before you can get your hands on the actual copy of the game in your region, I consider that to be something that might aggravate gamers.

If this were a game anyone besides me really cared about anyways.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.