The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Games on Demand Sale June 19th-25th

• litepinklitepink299,475
  • MILINKYOMILINKYO1,541,088
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:11
    I recommend Cloudy meatballs, pretty fun and easy 1k as well
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:11
    Might get party animals for $5 since gamestop still sells it for twice that.

I would recommend Surfs up to anyone who hasn't played it yet, its extremely fun and very easy
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,285,192
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:12
    I would say 'nothing for me here', but those are such tasty discounts, it's almost worth it to give em a try. Especially the easy completions.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • VoltFieberVoltFieber418,140
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:14
    i can get all of those games for less on amazon/ebay! ;)
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye190,461
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:14
    That's about what they are worth when you consider they have no re-sell or trade in value
  • warm slurmwarm slurm919,946
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:15
    Not really a fan of buying games digitally... but I might give one of these a go. The stores sell them for crazy prices (considering what they are) because dumb parents will just not think about it and pick it up for their kid no matter the price, haha.
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:17
    I did a little research and compared the pricing of this to Gamestop and Best Buy in a blog post I did. I hope some people check it out before jumping to any conclusions/decisions on the sale. Note: Bionic Commando and Prince of Persia have been replaced by Alone in the Dark and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Anyways, I’m in for Cloudy, thinking about a half dozen other ones myself.
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • illdizzogilldizzog1,268,977
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:18
    I think these are some great prices, its what some of these older GoD games should be anyway. Gonna get me some Virtua Tennis 2009 just in time for Wimbledon. :) ORANGE SHER-BERT.
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:20
    Man, I want to buy them all because it's so cheap. Now I gotta do research and see what ones are worth it. Ugh.
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:22
    ROBomination said:
    Man, I want to buy them all because it's so cheap. Now I gotta do research and see what ones are worth it. Ugh.
    Did the research for you in my post above toast
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • JamP0undJamP0und131,134 131,134 GamerScore
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:22
    Cloudy with a chance of meatballs for me, used my points and cost me 480 :D
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:23
    Wow what a solid list! Will be picking up a few of these.
    Soul Ripper117
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:23
    I may be tempted by Prince of Persia at that price.
  • warm slurmwarm slurm919,946
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:25
    Thanks for that post, litepink. Definitely gonna get Cloudy after seeing that since I liked the movie a lot as well.
  • Vr EnglishVr English757,149
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:26
    I took the time to go through all these games over on TA before this was announced on here (thanks for the English prices by the way). The review on Bomberman is extremely negative, Conan seems worth a try, as do all the film tie-ins if you want gamerscore.

SEGA tennis is great fun, some achievements you can't get anymore online.
    Rockstar is a very hard 1000g because half of it is online. Similar story with Virtua Tennis.
    Facebreakers achievements are practically inachievable I seem to remember.

Dark Void was doable but mediocre.

There were 2 reviews for Tornado Outbreak, one good one bad, honestly I think I'm inclined to go with the bad one.

Angels was 1000g able but very old so there are only 7 achievements.

I already had Kameo, Alone in the Dark and Perfect Dark so I didn't mention those, Viva Pinata too.
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205357,059
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:26
    Just to confirm, once these are purchased, they can be downloaded, deleted, and re-downloaded at any time, correct? They'd take up an insane amount of hard drive space, so I wouldn't want to have them all at once...
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:30
    VoltFieber said:
    i can get all of those games for less on amazon/ebay! ;)
    New? Links or I call BS on that. If you're saying "I can get these preowned online for less" it's an unfair comparison. Games on Demand titles will never scratch or break, never go missing and can be downloaded anytime, anywhere.

Some real bargains here. I'll be picking some up as soon as my movie finishes.
    @ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:31
    Nighthawk205 said:
    Just to confirm, once these are purchased, they can be downloaded, deleted, and re-downloaded at any time, correct? They'd take up an insane amount of hard drive space, so I wouldn't want to have them all at once...
    Correct. The DRM works just like XBLA titles.
    @ei8htyei8ht http://ei8htyei8ht.com
  • CyberSpectreCyberSpectre129,819
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 14:31
    why pay less for shit?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.