The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Games on Demand Sale June 19th-25th

• ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,170,174
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 06:36
    TVthePunisher said:
    The Lego Ninja said:
    TVthePunisher said:
    1.) Buy it on her console (so it's available for any gamertag there and then just redownload it on your console to play online wheneveR).
    Just a question.
    If me and my brother wanted an Arcade game, could I download it on his then re-download it on mine so we get two for 1? Or is that illegal?
    Since it'd be in the same household, I doubt it's illegal. I have a few friends that do that with their family members...they'll buy it on one console, then redownload it and play it on their others (for example Minecraft). So you should be fine, don't worry over it. If you're the one who is buying it, make sure to purchase it on his console...then just redownload it onto your own console and if it's multiplayer the two of you can play together with the same game.
    It's completely legal to buy content on your "licensed console" (either the designated one, or any console you buy content on first) and then re-download it and play it on any other console (you just have to be online in order to play)...the way you can get into trouble is when you try to "cycle" licensed consoles and abuse the system.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob154,887
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 08:15
    I've now played Rockstar Table Tennis for an hour or so, and really impressed with it.

Definitely not one for the Gamerscore whores amongst you (although there's four relatively easily boostable online achievements for the best part of 1000TA if that's your thing), but it's a very solid game, and one I'd definitely recommend for a bit of arcade action.

it's the sort of thing that would probably be released on XBLA at this stage of the console life cycle anyway, and for 400MSP, it's a bargain, and a genuinely good game, rather than cheap gamescore / ok if you like that sort of thing like the others on the list.
  • mcdouggmcdougg69,663
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 10:03
    Why does this come out the week before I get paid?! angry
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 11:49, Edited on 21 June 12 at 11:53 by Soul Ripper117
    I picked up Cloudy. There sure are some eassssssy GS games here. Maybe not all 1k but real good chucks of it for $5. "Buying Gamerscore" has always been tough for me to justify but I love the easies!! headspin Dark Void is kind of tempting as it looks pretty cool. Then again, I'm used to Dead Space so idk if it'll be for me.
    Soul Ripper117
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS570,249
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 12:22, Edited on 21 June 12 at 12:36 by StarshadeFPS
    I'll just save my money for a game I really want. Meanwhile I'll play Amped 3 for fun, already have 1k.
    We don't live for Hip-Hop (Hip-Hop) It lives for us
  • TheBuddha336TheBuddha3361,141,570
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 12:48, Edited on 21 June 12 at 12:49 by TheBuddha336
    I bought Tornado Outbreak, Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII, Disney's Bolt, Open Season, Surf's Up
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 13:00
    SarahF89 said:
    Does anyone know if the Cloudy Meatballs game is offline co-op? cause i'm looking for some games to play with my lil sis.
    Suprised no one answered this. Yes, but one of you has to play as the monkey and they won't get cheeves for it. I did research on reviews for all the games and this is the one I picked up.

I was wondering if anyone could recomend a game off this list (or at all for that matter) that me and my girlfriend can run through? She's not the greatest, but we're close to 100%ing our first game (Disney Universe) and I was looking for the next one. I bought Cloudy, and I'm about to buy The Simpsons Game. I own all the Lego ones (at least the one's I'll play lol). Looking for other budget-esk games though.
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • Selkirk16Selkirk16421,250
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 14:02
    ROBomination said:
    I was wondering if anyone could recomend a game off this list (or at all for that matter) that me and my girlfriend can run through?
    For something different from the obvious easy 1k games, you can try to see Viva Piñata: Party Animals. Play the demo first to see if you both like it.

And I recommend ilo milo from XBLA. Lots of local co-op fun. Stacking is also great, but it's single player only.
  • TheNusTheNus89,906
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 14:26
    VIGOR MORTIVORE said:
    Disney's Bolt is in French and cannot be changed ingame. [Euro Dash]
    Great job Microsoft! angry

Seriously, this!
    Does anybody know a solution?
    My locale is set to UK (although I live in the Netherlands), and the game is in French!
    I can get it to Dutch by setting it to the Netherlands, but that might be even worse than French...
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice313,805
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 14:30
    Have you tried setting your region to France it may be that the language files are switched for some reason
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob154,887
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 15:09
    @ROB

I'd second ilomilo as ideal couch co-op with girlfriend fodder. It does get pretty tricky in the latter part of the game though.

Lara Croft GOL is well worth a try for something a bit more action based, and bound to be on sale again soon, as it's nearly 3 weeks since the last time.

The Undergarden looks very pretty, has several co-op achievements and is only 240 points making it a good cheap option.
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 16:37
    Thanks Selkirk16 & Dancing Rob!

A freind suggested that Ilomilo would kill our relationship because we'd both want to complete challenges differently (Had a couple scuffles of Disney Universe lol), but she really wanted to play it. I'll probably get it.

Been wanting Lara Croft and didn't even know it was co-op! That might be perfect! Never even heard of The Undergarden but I'll be Google'ing it now : )
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 16:45
    ROBomination said:
    Never even heard of The Undergarden but I'll be Google'ing it now : )
    The Trial would be even better
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 June 12 at 16:48
    I got Disney's Bolt, Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, Open Season, Surf's Up & Viva Piñata: Party Animals
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 16:54
    ROBomination said:
    I was wondering if anyone could recomend a game off this list (or at all for that matter) that me and my girlfriend can run through?Looking for other budget-esk games though.
    While you can't 'Run through it' Try Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise . Great Game very addictive, much better than expected.

A few I can think off that are quite good, or atleast I have been told they are.
    Crash: Mind Over Mutant

Fable II

https://www.trueachievements.com/Fable-III-xbox-360.htm

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)

https://www.trueachievements.com/Marvel-Ult-Alliance-2-....htm

The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon

Anyway there is a list of all CO-OP games (Online and/or Offline) It also tells you if it is CO-OP campaign or CO-OP Modes (Horde,Mini-games ETC.) It can be found here
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic442,774
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 17:47
    Be aware though, the DLC for MUA 1 & 2 has been pulled from the marketplace. You may not be able to get the full 100% of the achievements. Unless you have the Gold edition of 1 (which is considerably pricey and no such version exists for 2), DL'd the DLC before it went offline, or your partner has it, you won't be 100%'ing the games.
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 17:48
    Good call Rhyolitic! I doubt she'd be into MUA though. Considering she picked Disney Universe, that should explain what she'd be into pretty well ; )

Thanks everybody else!
  • Posted on 21 June 12 at 20:18, Edited on 21 June 12 at 20:21 by I TRU RELIG1ON
    Excellent. I got Bolt, Open season, Surfs up , Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, Meet The Robinsons for 1 achievement dam you glitch, Tornado Outbreak (thanks USA account) and Blazing Angels. dont care about RESALE VALUE i dont need the money!!!!
    #TAGhosts and prototype 2 rule this month game time!! 4 sure boi [wave]
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 June 12 at 22:21
    Rhyolitic said:
    Be aware though, the DLC for MUA 1 & 2 has been pulled from the marketplace. You may not be able to get the full 100% of the achievements. Unless you have the Gold edition of 1 (which is considerably pricey and no such version exists for 2), DL'd the DLC before it went offline, or your partner has it, you won't be 100%'ing the games.
    That's assuming you're one of those people that think you have to play all DLC in order to 100% a game. If you're a realist and only count what you actually own, then yes, you can still 100% MUA.smile
    Posted on 21 June 12 at 22:40
    Gacys Clown said:
    That's assuming you're one of those people that think you have to play all DLC in order to 100% a game. If you're a realist and only count what you actually own, then yes, you can still 100% MUA.smile
    It's not that we count it that way it;s that Microsoft do so no matter what an individual thinks whenever anyone looks at their live profile we can still see that they didn't actually complete something.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.