The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Games on Demand Sale June 19th-25th

• xCRiMZoNxxCRiMZoNx296,241
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 00:08
    I’m considering picking up Alone in the Dark and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 00:31
    DakotaThrice said:
    Gacys Clown said:
    That's assuming you're one of those people that think you have to play all DLC in order to 100% a game. If you're a realist and only count what you actually own, then yes, you can still 100% MUA.smile
    It's not that we count it that way it;s that Microsoft do so no matter what an individual thinks whenever anyone looks at their live profile we can still see that they didn't actually complete something.
    Exactly. If there's DLC and there's achievements attached, it's not complete until those achievements are earned. If my 360voice signature on x360a doesn't include a game in the 100% club, then it's not complete.
    dat Jill Valentine >=D
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 12:20
    Well I desided to get Alone in the dark and Prince of Persia.
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob154,887
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 15:40
    @TV

you have remembered the point of playing games is to enjoy them, rather than to 'complete' them, haven't you?
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 16:00
    Dancing Rob said:
    @TV

you have remembered the point of playing games is to enjoy them, rather than to 'complete' them, haven't you?
    Everyone has their own reason to play games. Some games I play for fun. Some games I play to 100%. Like the Gears series. I'll NEVER 100% them, but I still play for fun : p
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • HanxHanx1,051,040
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:14, Edited on 22 June 12 at 23:36 by Hanx
    TheNus said:
    Seriously, this!
    Does anybody know a solution?
    My locale is set to UK (although I live in the Netherlands), and the game is in French!
    I can get it to Dutch by setting it to the Netherlands, but that might be even worse than French...
    Why are you living in Holland?
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 20:22
    The Lego Ninja said:
    Vr English said:
    SEGA tennis is great fun, some achievements you can't get anymore online.
    Are the servers down or does no one play it anymore?
    You can still earn all achievements. Just make a session.
  • Posted on 23 June 12 at 05:39
    How is Alone in the Dark? Is it a good survival-horror game? Is it good for achievements?
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice313,805
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 07:20
    Steveinator said:
    How is Alone in the Dark? Is it a good survival-horror game? Is it good for achievements?
    The achievements are all easy enough and most of the miscellaneous ones can be picked up early on. I wouldn't call it a good game though and the general view is that its shite. Though you should note that im not a survival horror fan anyhoo.
  • Brotkiller91Brotkiller91797,662
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 19:34
    Is there any reason why they changed the price for SEGA Superstars Tennis from 400 MSP to 640 MSP (4,99 to 7,99 ) here in Germany?
  • Luca 231Luca 231108,802
    Posted on 24 June 12 at 08:11
    Already have Prince of persia.
    I've picked Conan and Dark Void, and thinking about to get Alone in the Dark and Blazing angels before the end of sales.
  • Posted on 24 June 12 at 14:23, Edited on 24 June 12 at 16:57 by Sleepwalker18
    PDZ and GRAW are getting bought today, I may be the happiest person in the world right now. I probably made the biggest mistake of my gaming life I just bought Bomberman Act Zero.
  • VoltFieberVoltFieber418,140
    Posted on 25 June 12 at 01:00, Edited on 25 June 12 at 01:01 by VoltFieber
    Steveinator said:
    Its good for 420 Points, but far away from Alone in the Dark IV (PS1&2).
    Achievements are easy and fair to get, only part that sucks is the
    Car driving to the CentralPark! wink
  • The YiddlerThe Yiddler842,798
    Posted on 25 June 12 at 19:46
    Can anyone help? I have a US xbox but live in the UK (also own a PAL box) I downloaded Tornado outbreak as we can't get it in the UK and it downloaded fine.

The problem is now that I want to also DL Dark Void, Blazing Angels and Kameo as it is cheaper to get them on my US box.

When I go to buy them it says not available in my region. Any tips?
  • Posted on 25 June 12 at 19:51
    Question how big is Alone in the Dark?
  • DakotaThriceDakotaThrice313,805
    Posted on 25 June 12 at 20:15
    Sleepwalker18 said:
    Question how big is Alone in the Dark?
    6.46GB
  • Posted on 25 June 12 at 22:03
    ROBomination said:
    Dancing Rob said:
    @TV

Everyone has their own reason to play games. Some games I play for fun. Some games I play to 100%. Like the Gears series. I'll NEVER 100% them, but I still play for fun : p
    As ROBomination said, we all have our reasons. I know the point of playing games is to enjoy them...but I also enjoy going after all the achievements and I enjoy making a game 100% complete as proof that I was willing to do those challenges and overcome them. Metal Gear Solid HD being 1000'd means I went and completed every one of those VR missions in addition to playing through the game on all difficulty settings for the dog tags. It's more proof than gamerscore for me...however I took advantage of this sale to bump my gamerscore up just a bit since it's been trailing behind =P

In addition, I like completing games I love on my tag. Like the Resident Evil series or Dead Rising series, having all of the complete feels great.
    dat Jill Valentine >=D
  • Posted on 26 June 12 at 03:42
    Oh god. 100% on either Dead Rising seems like so much work to me. I want to, but I may never.
    Games owned: http://rant.withtorment.com/xbl/
  • SKL90SKL9088,764
    Posted on 27 June 12 at 22:54
    They still seem to be reduced. Anyone know if this is not just a display error or they are staying reduced?
  • SKL90SKL9088,764
    Posted on 27 June 12 at 23:42
    So yeah I tried buying a game, apparently they are still on sale, at least in the UK. Just paid £3.99 for Open Season.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.