Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Several Guitar and DJ Hero DLC Packs Discounted

• Posted on 19 June 12 at 22:23
    I need MSP yo.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • ZM3ZM3131,425
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 22:30, Edited on 19 June 12 at 22:31 by ZM3
    Death Magnetic might get me back into music games music

Well I guess I never stopped playing with friends, but they only ever want to play RB3
  • finallife6finallife61,046,004
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 22:37
    TBH Death Magnetic is the only way to finish GH3 without perfecting ttfaf you guys should buy it
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 22:43
    meh prefer rockband
  • lightsup55lightsup55416,825
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 22:44, Edited on 19 June 12 at 22:47 by lightsup55
    Too bad I already have all of them (except for DJ Hero / DJ Hero 2 DLC as I don't have either game).
  • Posted on 19 June 12 at 23:01
    Thank you for showing which dlc's would transfer. :D
    Don't judge my hobby when you just did nothing but get on Facebook all day.
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0302,551
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 23:18
    So I'm guessing that the DJ Hero 2 DLC is not compatible with the original DJ Hero? Just wanted to be absolutely sure.
  • Flopsy86Flopsy86542,236
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 23:41
    finallife6 said:
    TBH Death Magnetic is the only way to finish GH3 without perfecting ttfaf you guys should buy it
    Amen to that, All Nightmare Long got me my 750K but it will still take a bit of work for it. Much less work than TTFAF though!

Suicide and Redemption got me co-op 2000 note streak and 1 million points.
    Making Easters happy since 1986.
  • Strategy OneStrategy One677,192
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 23:42
    I think the dlc's are too overpriced considering even the amount you get out of it. I think you should at least get whole albums
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,382,876
    Posted on 19 June 12 at 23:52
    iceman00behave said:
    So I'm guessing that the DJ Hero 2 DLC is not compatible with the original DJ Hero? Just wanted to be absolutely sure.
    That's correct. Sorry if that wasn't clear! It's not as easy with the Hero games as it is with Rock Band. :)
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,169,764
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 00:18
    Definitely grabbing the Classic Rock GH pack. Maybe the Metallica GH3, knowing it has good compatibility
  • TommyTommy344,767
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 02:22
    Nice, stinks i already have all this dlc ( minus the dj hero). but glad to see people may get some DLC, which makes online a little more fun. Expert+ Drums Expert guitar/bass Hard Vox :)
  • Alex GoodmanAlex Goodman182,486
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 04:29
    So NOW Death Magnetic goes on sale, I couldn't bring myself to buy it when it came out so I preordered Guitar Hero Metallica and got it for 'free' as a preorder bonus

There was logic in there somewhere at the time
  • Posted on 20 June 12 at 04:40
    Yeap just bought Death Magnetic. Can't miss a 50% off sale on this. It is now just the price of a regular DLC and will get me a ton of achievements I need
  • planting42planting421,821,917
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 06:21, Edited on 20 June 12 at 06:22 by planting42
    For those asking about how to unlock GH3 achievements in co-op over LIVE... the person who wants the achievement must be host. There is no option to play career online, so you have to use the matchmaking system to create a co-op session and either make it public and play with the masses or private and invite a friend. Either will unlock achievements. The only co-op achievements that will unlock over LIVE are streak and score ones and the 100% a co-op song. You do not get credit for your co-op career over LIVE cry

To the OP:

I bought all these back in the day, but if anyone wants a hand with GH3 co-op stuff, I'm game... Death Magnetic makes them a snap as long as you play decent Hard guitar/bass. Beyond adding to songs you can collect starts from in GH:WoR, the DLC doesn't really add much to any game besides GH3.
    www.GTASC.net
  • Posted on 20 June 12 at 08:31
    Man this makes me want to go buy Guitar Hero again. I should have never sold it in the first place. Also sucks that Gamestop doesn't sell used guitars anymore.

Oh well, good deals nonetheless.
    Does this smell like chloroform to you?
  • BeachemBeachem498,131
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 08:44
    I really should buy the Metallica album so I can unlock some of those pesky GHIII achievements. Too bad I'm broke! Even if I did have the money, I would probably use it for something else. The games on demand sale is calling my name!
    Jump right out of a creek!
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye190,648
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 12:01
    I'm soooo glad I didn't buy Death Magnetic last month although tempting while Music Mayhem was going on and possibly a few people might have just gotten it for that. if so I feel for you. I never thought it would ever go on sale. especially at this point.

Big Ell said:
    zyxomma100 said:
    Apparently the Death Magnetic album is the easiest way to get a few of the hardest streak and score achievements in GH3. A couple of the guides say that it even works over Xbox Live coop as long as you are host, but I've tried it to no avail, so beware.
    Does it help with any other achievements in the other games? I'm buying it because it was a good album to begin with but 1440 MSP was ridiculous.
    Yeah too bad this wasn't a month or two ago. then I would have been able to do more GH sessions for Music Mayhem. but there was no way I was paying 1440 for those just to get a few achievements. Might pick it up now considering 720 MSP for an album of 11 songs turns out to be about 65 MSP per song and you can use them in all the other games.

I know a a simple search will tell me but are any of these songs on GH:Metallica? it says you can play them on it but I would have assumed at least a few of them would have already been in the game.

THE Triple M said:
    just too little too late, guitar hero 3 and Death Magnetic are 4 years old now, almost 5 for GH3, this should already be half off or more considering age and the fact that the game is no longer produced. i would love o pick it up, if only it were more reasonable
    Considering you can play it on just about any of the GH games its not too bad although it probably should be permanently discounted yes.

alex goodman said:
    So NOW Death Magnetic goes on sale, I couldn't bring myself to buy it when it came out so I preordered Guitar Hero Metallica and got it for 'free' as a preorder bonus

There was logic in there somewhere at the time
    On that note maybe I should finally open my GH:M. is it a code in the box or did it come with it? I got the free copy of GH: Van Halen when I ordered mine. If its not in my copy then I will be getting Death Magnetic for sure and maybe finally I can get GH:3 out of the basement that is my completion % games
  • Posted on 20 June 12 at 14:06
    Just started playing DJ Hero recently again, and finished the first game/just the online portion to do on DJ Hero 2 (message me to boost) lol.
    The Def Leppard pack would have been good about half a decade ago, but Rock Band's Def pack is sooooo much better than this, and they all have 'Pro mode' ;)
  • troyoytroyoy873,449
    Posted on 20 June 12 at 15:21, Edited on 20 June 12 at 15:23 by troyoy
    I was gonna buy them all last night. It only showed the Metallica one being on sale and nothing else. I used the GH3 menu to access the dlc. I picked that up and will check back to see if the rest are gonna be on sale.
    I have 10 xboxes. But before you ask for help just keep in mind I have been used way too much alread
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.