Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Hasbro Family Game Night 3 Announced

• zigs00zigs00210,142
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:16
    I thought I'd try and restore a bit of balance compared to my last news post. Some very family friendly Hasbro board games seemed like it'd do the trick.

On top of the three additional games hitting Hasbro Family Game Night some time this Summer (check the Related Story below for more information), EA Play today announced that there will also be a Hasbro Family Game Night 3 hitting this Fall/Autumn.

Before anyone asks, Hasbro Family Game Night 2 was released back in October, exclusively on the Wii and DS. So now you know.

Unlike the previous game, Hasbro Family Game Night 3 will just be a retail game, not released on the Xbox Live Arcade. Great for us gamerscore-whoring renters!

The game will include five more Hasbro board games, set in an new theme park setting, with the loveable Mr. Potato Head returning as host. Just like before, each of the games will feature classic and remixed versions in digital versions of The Game of Life, Clue, Twister, Mouse Trap and Yahtzee Hands Down.

By the sounds of the press release, there isn't actually anything new besides the games. Still has local four-player multiplayer and online capabilities, still uses your Avatars, still very family-friendly and sterile. Blah, blah, blah.

You know exactly what you're getting with these games, there's no point trying to spin any hyperbole or pizazz on it. With a total of eight Hasbro board games hitting the Xbox within the year, there will no doubt be a lot of easy gamerscore on offer. That's all we really need to know right?
  • Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:17
    100% renting this for whorage.
    http://butterflyedge.wordpress.com/
  • mik29mik29590,480
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:19
    Twister for Natal...... make it happen MS laugh
    J.F.D.I Just F**king Do It
  • SpilnerSpilner848,982
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:19
    Ima buy this... better be all the games for us Europeans this damn time!
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out... dont expect anything normal though
  • Nv DefinesNv Defines485,619
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:22
    Twister? The video game? How?

At least it's to be a single disc retail game instead of an uber-expensive hub XBLA game.
  • Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:27
    mik29 said:
    Twister for Natal...... make it happen MS laugh
    haha yeah with 4 player online wink
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:32
    Clue seems like it would be borderline unplayable with a local group of four... "you three look away from the screen now... okay, now you three..." Wish this was DLC so I could just pick up The Game of Life.
  • onnovdwonnovdw348,769
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:36
    must have smile
    Still hoping for Guitar Hero: Iron Maiden!
  • Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:43
    Avatar Twister would be kinda interesting, if only just for the animations and innuendo sexual positions.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:44
    rentage
    in it for the lolz
  • PiMDxPiMDx58,525
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:51
    What happened to Family Game Night 2?
  • SpilnerSpilner848,982
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:54
    PiMD said:
    What happened to Family Game Night 2?
    zigs00 said:
    Before anyone asks, Hasbro Family Game Night 2 was released back in October, exclusively on the Wii and DS. So now you know.
    http://www.last.fm/user/Spilner1001 check me out... dont expect anything normal though
  • PiMDxPiMDx58,525
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 14:56
    Wonder if they will release them later on XBLA, since the First Family Game night was Wii Exclusive also. I want to play Jenga with Natal!
  • M3628800M362880053,965
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:18
    "Hasbro Single's Game Night", with full Natal and Live Cam support,

Strip Poker
    Twister
    One of those controller massage games tied to your... opponent's quick time events ("give me more of that "X" baby")

Any more suggestions?
  • SpilnerSpilner848,982
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:32
    M3628800 said:
    "Hasbro Single's Game Night", with full Natal and Live Cam support,

Strip Poker
    Twister
    One of those controller massage games tied to your... opponent's quick time events ("give me more of that "X" baby")

Any more suggestions?
    Operation
  • zigs00zigs00210,142
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:35
    PiMD said:
    Wonder if they will release them later on XBLA, since the First Family Game night was Wii Exclusive also. I want to play Jenga with Natal!
    The first was not Wii exclusive. It came out a few months eariler, but iirc it was always announced as multiplatform.

Highly doubt we'll see Game Night 2. Jenga is coming though: Three More Hasbro Game Night Games Announced
    INTERNETS: SERIOUS BIZNESS!
  • Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:43
    I am freakin' down for some Mousetrap. Awesome, just awesome!
    Making zero progress towards completed games
  • DragonYenDragonYen822,549
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:46, Edited on 12 May 10 at 15:47 by DragonYen
    soul in a jar said:
    I am freakin' down for some Mousetrap. Awesome, just awesome!
    Where's the fun if you don't get to build the machine?

Hasbro Family Game Night 4:
    Don't Whiz on the Electric Fence
    DragonYen - www.dragonyen.com
  • Posted on 12 May 10 at 15:53
    lol. I can just imagine all the broken coffee tables caused by twister with natal. Thats probably the only game I'd get for it
  • Drachen77Drachen77277,320
    Posted on 12 May 10 at 16:32
    I am really excited for this. I really like the first and I wish the second had come to the 360. There are some strange game choices here but Life and Mouse Trap should be a blast.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.