Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden 13 Cover Vote Kicks Off Today

• prokopprokop220,413
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:00Permalink
    gamer=Zacry072" rel="nofollow">iheartslampigs
    gamer=Zacry072
    said:
    Hahahahahahahahaha @ Oakland.
    What for exactly? Janikowski practically set an NFL record and is excellent. There are much more laughable people on this list, trust me. I don't care if he was busted this year, McFadden was a monster and deserved a spot on that list.
    i think he meant because its a kicker and a punter up for vote. ( i think its a punter at least ).
C.C. Prokop
  • Case Dang ItCase Dang It195,100
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:18Permalink
    If Janikowski gets this cover I am leaving Earth. Eli, the Brady slayer, should get some sort of a nod for this. Browns selections are lame, Chicago picked the two reasons they didn't make it to the playoffs. Vick sucked. Matthew Stafford, Cam Newton, Drew Brees, and Jim Harbough should be top nods. IMO.
  • SanadaSanada662,252
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:27Permalink
    Prokop said:
    gamer=Zacry072" rel="nofollow">iheartslampigs
    gamer=Zacry072
    said:
    Hahahahahahahahaha @ Oakland.
    What for exactly? Janikowski practically set an NFL record and is excellent. There are much more laughable people on this list, trust me. I don't care if he was busted this year, McFadden was a monster and deserved a spot on that list.
    i think he meant because its a kicker and a punter up for vote. ( i think its a punter at least ).
    I'm sure, but you've gotta give them some credit. I would find the Browns more laughable than Oakland. But that's of course just my opinion.
  • You seem a little furious...
  • Promo UkyoPromo Ukyo274,456
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:35Permalink
    Give Tim Tebow the Madden curse! Lol...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:39Permalink
    how is this even debatable, Aaron Rodgers all-day
  • Starseed630Starseed630133,530
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:46Permalink
    Let's start a "Vote for Joe Thomas" campaign. laugh
    There's no way an OT should be on the cover of Madden. Rodgers should have won last year and I'm sure someone not as deserving will win again this year. We mind as well make it the most obscure pick possible. And also, can you negative vote for Tebow to offset all the non football fans that will vote for him?
  • litepinklitepink294,533
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:58Permalink
    I think it would be the single greatest thing in the world if a kicker/punter made the cover. I really think we need to rally the troops and vote them in...it would be a true testament of the internet getting together for the ultimate joke. If one of them wins, I'll buy the game, I promise.
    She's making jewelry now
  • SanadaSanada662,252
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 03:59Permalink
    Starseed630 said:
    Let's start a "Vote for Joe Thomas" campaign. laugh
    There's no way an OT should be on the cover of Madden. Rodgers should have won last year and I'm sure someone not as deserving will win again this year. We mind as well make it the most obscure pick possible. And also, can you negative vote for Tebow to offset all the non football fans that will vote for him?
    Who are you to say who deserves to be on the cover? While Rodgers had a good year last year there is no way I would say he should have auto-won it. Last year Peyton Hillis did well once he started, so I wouldn't call him obscure by any means. And of course if Tebow wins it's automatically the "non football fans" who voted for him. Clearly they pay some attention if they even know this vote is going on and who he is.
    You seem a little furious...
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 04:21Permalink
    If we can get a kicker or punter on the cover, would we finally be able to play as one in the superstar mode? That's my dream cry

Also, no Adrian Peterson.....

I like the choices for the Bucs, but out of the two I'd go with Blount.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 05:44Permalink
    FruitLoops87 said:
    Several good players, many of whom are "under the radar"

If I had to guess based on a popular vote, I would guess it would be one of these 5

Aaron Rodgers/Clay Matthews
    Tim Tebow
    LeSean McCoy
    Calvin Johnson
    Cam Newton

What does everyone else think?
    I don't think Matthews, he had a bit of a down year. I'd have to say Rodgers, then Tebow, then Newton. QBs have a bit of an advantage in these votes. Also, Gronkowski will probably get fairly far into the brackets. Part of me hopes McCoy wins as an Eagles fan, but I'd rather not have him fall victim to the curse
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 06:52Permalink
    If Tebow wins, he'll have achieved an oddly coincidental trifecta: Appearing on the cover of NCAA Football, appearing on the cover of Madden NFL, and winning the Madden Bowl. (Larry Fitzgerald and Shaun Alexander have appeared on both covers.)
  • Snapple CapSnapple Cap717,137
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 08:11Permalink
    Victor Cruz hopefully! giants all day!!
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 12:19Permalink
    There are some good choices here but I am a Patriots fan and I will be choosing Wes Welker.
  • ukinsproukinspro1,291,465
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 13:42Permalink
    Just put the cheerleaders on the front, its not like it makes a difference and saves pissing anyone off.
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 15:14Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    derwood13 II said:
    Stanford Routt went to the Chiefs, so he won't be on there as a Raider. And Janikowski and Lechler were both Pro Bowlers and among the (if not the) best at their positions last year. They were all the Raiders had to cheer for - and I can't stand them myself. But for the sake of accuracy... :) I am a Chargers fan from way back, but I want neither Rivers nor Gates on the cover *cough, cough* Madden Curse *cough*. Look at the ones that were up for the cover: Hillis - injured, done for the year. Rogers - dethroned as SB champ. Mike Vick - up-and-down year and his Iggles missed the playoffs. It's always fun to see who gets on the cover and how their year suffers because of it. :)
    I know about Routt, that's the joke. Also, I recognize that their special teamers are some of the best, but come on. It's like the field is already down to 62.
    Sorry. Wasn't sure - my sarcast-o-meter wasn't working yesterday. laugh Gives Raiders fans another thing to whine about and makes it two spots easier for the rest to get on the cover. Thanks for the article, NPB. You and the good folks / newshounds at TA keep up the great work!
  • Posted on 08 March 12 at 15:55, Edited on 08 March 12 at 15:58 by Metaljunkie93Permalink
    matt11141995 said:
    Why is tebow on there? Didn't we establish how bad of a quarterback is after Tom Brady singlehandedly beat him? Hold that thought...WHERE IS BRADY!!!!
    I said the same thing. Tim Tebow is the WORST QB ever! And this is coming of a person who lives in Denver (but am not a donkeys fan).

Promo Ukyo said:
    Give Tim Tebow the Madden curse! Lol...
    This made my day! laugh
  • Tandar1Tandar1943,649
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 16:03Permalink
    TEBOW!
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye183,143
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 16:52Permalink
    Ha i thought it was funny Raiders had two kickers... why the hell not!!
  • coffeenebulacoffeenebula139,778
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 17:28Permalink
    T-Sizzle!
  • A Wise NinjaA Wise Ninja135,108
    Posted on 08 March 12 at 17:35Permalink
    Oooh, I pick the one who wears lots of a padding, a cup and chats 'USA, USA!'.

... wait a minute.
    My forum posts are probably not worth paying attention to.
  • Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.