Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2

Lost Planet 2 Achievements are a Joke!

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 May 10 at 08:39
    One more thread about this very quickly. Why are these achievements so hard? I heard it'll take, on average, 500 hours to complete this game and have 1000gs. That is so unfair, i'll just try and finish it, play some multiplayer and i'm done.

Anyone with this game let's play this on co-op from scratch if you wish. I'll be on most of the time if i'm not in college or at the gym.
  • DarklightsDarklights794,683
    Posted on 13 May 10 at 08:44, Edited on 13 May 10 at 08:44 by Darklights
    Capcom are trying to keep people playing it for longer, nothing wrong with that.
    LP has some seriously hard achievements as well.
    If you don't want the challenge try an easier game.
    You Can Be Me When I'm Gone
  • NempoSenpakiNempoSenpaki195,691
    Posted on 13 May 10 at 15:16
    i already beat the game on eay and normal and i havent got the achivement for either one of them. any suggetions on why?. if you need some1 to play coop with just give me an add ill be on later today.
    Riskit2getthebiscuit
  • DarklightsDarklights794,683
  • KevjohnKevjohn223,905
    Posted on 14 May 10 at 14:55
    Episode 1, Chapter 2 head to the right after the mission starts and look for a small tree, it is covering a small cave that you will need the grappling hook to get to. It's pretty easy to find.
    Check out moderngamersview.com and download our free podcast there or on Itunes!
  • Negative ZZNegative ZZ114,356
    Posted on 14 May 10 at 15:54
    Darklights said:
    Capcom are trying to keep people playing it for longer, nothing wrong with that.
    LP has some seriously hard achievements as well.
    If you don't want the challenge try an easier game.
    It's not the challenge, so much as the time consumption no matter how good you are. Think of this as Dead Rising. No matter how good you are, or what way you look at it, this game WILL take you many many hours to 100%. Same with rhythm games. No matter the skill level, it's still time consuming.
    "Chievios, toasted circles of multi grain gamerscore goodness, part of this balanced breakfast." DF
  • Posted on 14 May 10 at 16:55
    500 hours? im doubtful of that..Though the one achievement in LP2 I really dislike is the complete 386 areas in co-op. Which without a doubt is a pain in the ass.

The rest do not seem too bad and unless your going for 100%, shouldn't take you more than a week. Will it take a while? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.
  • Taco BobTaco Bob919,493
    Posted on 14 May 10 at 16:59, Edited on 14 May 10 at 16:59 by Taco Bob
    Researched these achievements last night and I have to agree that Capcom really dropped the ball on this one. There is nothing wrong with hard achievements or maybe a grinding achievement or two, but nearly every one of them is a damn grinding achievement. There are even a couple achievements that are leaderboard related! A 500+ hour grind and leaderboard related achievements is not acceptable.

I still plan on playing the game, as I have been looking forward to it for some time, but the completionist inside me is crying right now.

Let us just hope that Dead Rising 2 will be more forgiving.
  • AlonsoFiveAlonsoFive417,404
    Posted on 14 May 10 at 18:03
    Havent played this yet
    Maybe not one to go for if your looking for 100%
  • jacky roosterjacky rooster1,119,918
    Posted on 15 May 10 at 02:09
    after lost planet one, i really wasnt expecting anything different to be honest, if anything they look a hell of a lot easier.
  • Posted on 15 May 10 at 02:25
    I hope Dead Rising 2 has a 20 day survivor! lol
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 06h 58m....5th in the WORLD!!!
  • Posted on 15 May 10 at 03:07
    I hope Dead Rising 2 sticks with the 20 point thing.
    Burr
  • Posted on 15 May 10 at 08:55
    the achieves are pretty easy so far i played for 2 days on and off and i already got 2 guys at lvl 50 :P all achieves cept online u unlock from campaign kill enemies and collect weapons and abilities ... and once u beat game u can choose wut char to use in campaign solo or coop so u can lvl up the rest of the factions
    sugar is sweet lemons are sour spread your legs and feel my power :D
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,343
    Posted on 15 May 10 at 10:01
    IIDev said:
    One more thread about this very quickly. Why are these achievements so hard? I heard it'll take, on average, 500 hours to complete this game and have 1000gs. That is so unfair, i'll just try and finish it, play some multiplayer and i'm done.

Anyone with this game let's play this on co-op from scratch if you wish. I'll be on most of the time if i'm not in college or at the gym.
    Um, aren't they supposed to be hard? The reason they call them ACHIEVEments is because you have achieved something. Wouldn't you want to achieve something that takes skill/time/anything but pressing start for the first time?
    A Blue Slime Appears!
    Posted on 15 May 10 at 17:28
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    Um, aren't they supposed to be hard? The reason they call them ACHIEVEments is because you have achieved something. Wouldn't you want to achieve something that takes skill/time/anything but pressing start for the first time?
    Time =/= Skill

The biggest complaint isn't about how hard they are. Anyone who played the first, knew what to expect difficulty wise. The issue is that they aren't so much skill based as they are time consuming. Achievements should be based on the player's abilities, not how long they are willing to put into a game, in this case 500+ hours.
  • misfit119misfit1191,175,371
    Posted on 15 May 10 at 18:45
    Honestly this is something that most game developers, but especially Japanese developers, don't really see. They figure that the more time they can force you to spend with their game the better. They don't quite realize that while that's acceptable in an RPG it's not quite so much in other types of games. Playing for ten hours to get a new sword, and just that new sword, isn't usually such a huge deal in an RPG. Being forced to play for 80 hours to get an achievement is just groan inducing.
    Looking to Boost: Gears of War 1 & 2, RE5: Vs. Mode, Army of Two, Turok
  • rocky1bombrocky1bomb468,831
    Posted on 16 May 10 at 15:57
    Sounds good I like a challenge
  • Posted on 16 May 10 at 21:22
    You know I understand they want to extend the game's replyability but when one of the achievements want you to die 444 times it doesnt help the replayability now does it..
  • Posted on 16 May 10 at 23:24
    Anyone know whats involved with the "Honeymoon Period" Achievement? Its my understanding that its not tied to the 360 internal clock, so.... it cant be game time spent? Can it??
    Posted on 17 May 10 at 01:42
    Xiao1inSty1e said:
    Anyone know whats involved with the "Honeymoon Period" Achievement? Its my understanding that its not tied to the 360 internal clock, so.... it cant be game time spent? Can it??
    But it is tied to the 360 internal clock.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads