Game Discussion: Lost Planet 2 Forum

Lost Planet 2 Achievements are a Joke!

AuthorMessage
BruteForce911
332,304
BruteForce911
Posted on 17 May 10 at 06:36
Xiao1inSty1e said:
Anyone know whats involved with the "Honeymoon Period" Achievement? Its my understanding that its not tied to the 360 internal clock, so.... it cant be game time spent? Can it??
If you want it just disconnect from xbox live(PULL THE MOTHA FUCKING CABLE OUT MAN) and change the date on your xbox(Go to settings etc) and change it so 6 months have passed then go back on the game(But dont connect to Xbox Live) and the achivevement will have unlocked. Congrats -=D
Darklights
481,485
Darklights
Posted on 17 May 10 at 09:03
I think its somewhat deceptive.
Looking at the list a lot seem like a massive grind.
Some I thought would take ages to unlock I've started getting.
Might be a lot easier than it appears, won't know for sure till the jobs done.
You Can Be Me When I'm Gone
Vagari Gaming
Posted on 24 May 10 at 11:06
NEWS FLASH: Capcom is known for their hard achievements list (say for RE5) all CAPCOM games have insane achievements, you as a gamer should know this by now. Enjoy the game as it is amazing and fun. That's what games use to be about...fun. Nowdays everyone just wants everything given to them or as easy as possible. I give respect to people who don't complain about the "hard" achievements and go for them.

Off the soap box now...I will say that if you are looking for an easy go then I would not touch this game for achievements. However, if you want a fun game with a lot of cool extras, great boss battles, and all around great environment then pick this bad boy up!
Play hard...Play fair...Do what you must in order to win.
AndyLSimmons
130,883
AndyLSimmons
Posted on 24 May 10 at 11:21
Chrome30 said:
NEWS FLASH: Capcom is known for their hard achievements list (say for RE5) all CAPCOM games have insane achievements, you as a gamer should know this by now.
RE5 has a very easy achievement list, a bad example if you ask me. Devil May Cry 4 would have been a perfect example.
CausticZabi
65,891
CausticZabi
Posted on 24 May 10 at 17:20
AndyLSimmons said:
Chrome30 said:
NEWS FLASH: Capcom is known for their hard achievements list (say for RE5) all CAPCOM games have insane achievements, you as a gamer should know this by now.
RE5 has a very easy achievement list, a bad example if you ask me. Devil May Cry 4 would have been a perfect example.
What about Street Fighter IV/Super Street Fighter IV? laugh
L0TS OF PIE
194,872
L0TS OF PIE
Posted on 24 May 10 at 20:43
i personally love this game sorry i'm late to the thread, but this game is NO WHERE NEAR a 500+ hour game i'm at 40 hours and have 180 chapters done and my second character will get to level 99 today, the longest part maybe the 500 matches played which average 15-20 minutes a match, but I don't know if this is tested but i think you can play private matches for it. Gears 2 'Play 1999 rounds of multiplayer (any mode)' much. And most Capcom games are very similar as stated above, i just don't see why people are shocked or surprised.
Taco Bob
756,171
Taco Bob
Posted on 24 May 10 at 21:23
L0TS OF PIE said:
i personally love this game sorry i'm late to the thread, but this game is NO WHERE NEAR a 500+ hour game i'm at 40 hours and have 180 chapters done and my second character will get to level 99 today, the longest part maybe the 500 matches played which average 15-20 minutes a match
The problem isn't the individual achievements, it is the Nom de Guerres, which are required to complete two achievements. If you take a look at the full list of their requirements, then you'll see why the game is estimated at 500 hours.
Xiao1inSty1e
107,890
Xiao1inSty1e
Posted on 25 May 10 at 15:36
TOO Taco Bob said:
Xiao1inSty1e said:
Anyone know whats involved with the "Honeymoon Period" Achievement? Its my understanding that its not tied to the 360 internal clock, so.... it cant be game time spent? Can it??
But it is tied to the 360 internal clock.
Indeed you are correct sir. Thankyou.
Xiao1inSty1e
107,890
Xiao1inSty1e
Posted on 25 May 10 at 15:56
BTW any idea when TA is gonna catch up to frikkin gamefaqs in naming the effing achievements??
Taco Bob
756,171
Taco Bob
Posted on 25 May 10 at 17:29
Xiao1inSty1e said:
BTW any idea when TA is gonna catch up to frikkin gamefaqs in naming the effing achievements??
I assume you are referring to the secret achievements? If so, then we cannot update them until a staff member unlocks it and uploads it to the site. We do not manually put that info in.
Vagari Gaming
Posted on 26 May 10 at 08:32
Caustic, if you read my statement I said RE5 was easy, perhaps my words confused you. Then I go on to say the rest of CAPCOM's lineup has pretty crazy achievements. So, reading comprehension is key.

I state: Capcom is known for their hard achievements list (say for RE5) all CAPCOM games have insane achievements..."say for RE5" means except for RE5 as they are pretty easy. Next time I will break it down a bit better.
Play hard...Play fair...Do what you must in order to win.
CausticZabi
65,891
CausticZabi
Posted on 27 May 10 at 04:42
Chrome, if you notice that I quoted AndyLSimmons, then you wouldn't be as confused as you are right now. Please don't be hypocritical here smile

Also I have never seen "say" used in that way, it is usually "save" or "except" or "besides" or "other than" or another way to say not that.
Xiao1inSty1e
107,890
Xiao1inSty1e
Posted on 27 May 10 at 15:58
TOO Taco Bob said:
Xiao1inSty1e said:
BTW any idea when TA is gonna catch up to frikkin gamefaqs in naming the effing achievements??
I assume you are referring to the secret achievements? If so, then we cannot update them until a staff member unlocks it and uploads it to the site. We do not manually put that info in.
LAME
AFTER8MINTZ
145,746
AFTER8MINTZ
Posted on 18 June 10 at 17:22
CausticZabi said:
500 hours? im doubtful of that..Though the one achievement in LP2 I really dislike is the complete 386 areas in co-op. Which without a doubt is a pain in the ass.

The rest do not seem too bad and unless your going for 100%, shouldn't take you more than a week. Will it take a while? Yes. Is it the end of the world? No.
386 areas is quite easy i got it after playing 100 chapters

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 08 July 10 at 19:00
you guys have no idea what a grind this game is, this game cant be 1000'ed at the moment only because the Faction Noms are out of your control, it takes a minimum of 15 weeks if your lucky to get these noms. and the VS noms are irritating because you need another player to do these with especially half the VS' are found in player matches and not in campaign. but im at 95% of noms at the moment and now gonna grind for all gold in training and Number 1 noms.
CausticZabi
65,891
CausticZabi
Posted on 08 July 10 at 19:49
Suprised this thread is still up and alive.

But after a bit of research..Lost Planet 2 is indeed an impossible 100 due to an achievement requiring you to be #1 on a leaderboard, which, unless they introduce weekly resets or something will be impossible.
Taco Bob
756,171
Taco Bob
Posted on 08 July 10 at 20:47
CausticZabi said:
Suprised this thread is still up and alive.

But after a bit of research..Lost Planet 2 is indeed an impossible 100 due to an achievement requiring you to be #1 on a leaderboard, which, unless they introduce weekly resets or something will be impossible.
Or if you're like me and got a #1 spot within the first week wink. Still waiting for those faction Noms though...

djw747 said:
im at 95% of noms at the moment and now gonna grind for all gold in training and Number 1 noms.
Um... I'd hate to be the bringer of bad news, but you are most likely screwed. The leaderboard times have already been pushed to their limit and are pretty much impossible to beat now. The leaderboard Noms should have been your first goal, when the times were still fresh and beatable. I wish you luck, for what it is worth, but I just don't think it is possible at this point.
Yeah, I don't have a colon. Wanna fight about it!
D1v1dedL1nes
262,132
D1v1dedL1nes
Posted on 16 July 10 at 20:43
I don't mind hard ach. either....but what pissed me off about this game is when you play over your buds house and your the second player and you don't get any ach. WTF!!!! Thats really gay....and to not be able to use the grappling hook in mid-air is pretty gay as well. However, nice challenge...wish it was more like the 1st game though.
Nitoriism
132,731
Nitoriism
Posted on 17 July 10 at 23:16
jacky rooster said:
after lost planet one, i really wasnt expecting anything different to be honest, if anything they look a hell of a lot easier.
LP1 gives you 175Gamerscore for beating it on Easy, this doesn't. LP1's Multiplayer gives 300-400 in about 120 matches, this doesn't. laugh
http://www.last.fm/user/Ninjaskillz9000
Taco Bob
756,171
Taco Bob
Posted on 18 July 10 at 05:48
Sakegari said:
LP1 gives you 175Gamerscore for beating it on Easy, this doesn't. LP1's Multiplayer gives 300-400 in about 120 matches, this doesn't. laugh
Lost Planet 1 was hard, this one is just grinding. Time consumption =/= difficulty.
Yeah, I don't have a colon. Wanna fight about it!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.