Please use this thread to discuss the Game Room walkthrough
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 May 11 at 13:02
    Where is the guide?
    grfdgfd
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 10 May 11 at 14:15
    It's not been published yet. I don't how familiar you are with walkthroughs but the first auto post indicates that the guide was started yesterday. From there someone will write it, it'll be proofread and such, probably by 2 people and then if everyone involved in the walkthrough is happy, it'll be published and everyone on the site will have access to it.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 10 May 11 at 14:41
    Oh, ok I see smile thank you for the reply!

Can't wait for this one smile
    grfdgfd
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 15:40
    Right, I've made a start on this now and I'm including a page that lists a whole bunch of games that are easy to score medals in and how to score medals in them.

If anyone has any suggestions please post the game name here and if it's a 2600 version along with which medals are easy to obtain and what the method is to obtain them. Here's an example so you know what to post:

Buzz Bombers

There's an easy way to get all 3 Gold medals for this game if you're prepared to put the time in for the Time Spender medal, you'll be able to get the other 2 Gold medals in a single play. The trick here is to kill all the bees except one and leave it as long as possible until you kill that last bee. Leave any beehives or honeycomb alone and let the bird take care of them because that will give you the points for the Point Buster achievement. When you decide to kill the last bee is up to you and lastly, don't forget to move at least once a minute to make sure that the game doesn't think you're idle.
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 17 May 11 at 21:20
    The walkthrough is now in at the proofreading stage. Once it's been given the green light it'll be published!
  • Information
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 05:28
    The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Game Room Walkthrough
  • Skeptical MarioSkeptical Mario1,016,828
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 15:16
    Pretty good. The one thing I'd change is that for the leveling up achievements, for example "Level 17!" you say that 320 points requires a minimum of 64 medals... I'd specify that you'd need 64 gold medals. Same for the others.

I would also have included more information on how to save money while completing it, as monetary cost is the biggest obstacle to completing it in my opinion. But that's just me.
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 15:36
    I did state numerous times that you should be aiming for golds but it wouldn't hurt to add that to the level related achievements.

As for money saving tips, I purposely wrote the walkthrough from just an achievement stand point and have no desire to preach to people which games they should buy. I have however included an extra page that gives you some great tips on games you can earn Gold medals in a single play.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,294
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 16:53
    JMJimmy said:
    In the suggested games 'Crystal Castles' there's no time given for the Time Spender medal

This link would also be very helpful to include:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ann6kq7uN6XKdFlkdmV...
    You might notice that I haven't told you score/time you need for any of the games. I felt that telling you what to do was enough information. Also, that link is already in the walkthrough... on the suggested games page. I even made a point of crediting Ed for putting that information together!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,294
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 17:04, Edited on 19 May 11 at 17:06 by JMJimmy
    Ahh totally missed that! Your walkthrough inspired me to give it another go. Currently 4 medals down, cranking away on Crystal Castles for another 2 time spenders.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 17:12
    Ha, I'm glad to hear that this walkthrough is going down so well! I was worried that it being a skeleton walkthrough would piss people off but I figured it was better to do that then assume what people would be playing etc.

If you know of any other little exploits like the ones I've listed on the suggested games page be sure to share them!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,294
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 17:43
    Jayour said:
    Ha, I'm glad to hear that this walkthrough is going down so well! I was worried that it being a skeleton walkthrough would piss people off but I figured it was better to do that then assume what people would be playing etc.

If you know of any other little exploits like the ones I've listed on the suggested games page be sure to share them!
    I've mentioned to a friend of mine who 100% it and he's going to send you a list of exploits (he did mostly single plays).
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 18:06
    Awesome!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,294
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 19:48
    btw - any further tips for Asteroids? I've almost got a silver time spender on it trying to get the point buster/survivalist
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 20:28
    Some people seem to struggle with Asteroids, all I can suggest is to either shoot to the left or to the right depending on where the asteroids are coming from. I rarely shot in a direction that wasn't left or right (so I didn't shoot diagonally).
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy528,294
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 20:42, Edited on 19 May 11 at 20:43 by JMJimmy
    Jayour said:
    Some people seem to struggle with Asteroids, all I can suggest is to either shoot to the left or to the right depending on where the asteroids are coming from. I rarely shot in a direction that wasn't left or right (so I didn't shoot diagonally).
    Yeah, it's the UFOs that I have trouble with - 70% of the time their first shot takes me out. Or if I focus on taking them out an asteroid gets me.
  • JayourJayour1,055,786
    Posted on 19 May 11 at 20:55, Edited on 19 May 11 at 20:55 by Jayour
    JMJimmy said:
    Jayour said:
    Yeah, it's the UFOs that I have trouble with - 70% of the time their first shot takes me out. Or if I focus on taking them out an asteroid gets me.
    In a worst case scenario like that hit "B" and you'll be transported to somewhere else on the map. Just be warned though this typically results in you dying anyway!
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,086,915
    Posted on 06 June 11 at 05:43, Edited on 06 June 11 at 05:45 by Geoffistopheles
    I'm on the last legs of my completion of this infernal game, so I'd like to toss out what I did. Where there's overlap with the walkthrough, I'll just take it out. Also, I have a tendency to ramble. Just FYI.

PURCHASED
    I opted to purchase a handful of games so that they weren't all two hour time spender slogs.

City Bomber (GGG)
    This one was fun, but time spender was long. Survival, just practice at the game until you get to the fourth stage, at which point there'll be enough time on the timer. For score, after the broken bridge segment, there will be a bunch of trees. Lay on the brakes in front of a large group and shoot each tree as many times as you can. This should put you around the 350,000 necessary for gold.

Finalizer (GGG)
    Potential single play for score, although it's possible to mess it up and get nothing. Capsules drop occasionally that drop robot parts or powerups; what you get depends on how many times you shoot the powerup. First capsule, break it open and get the robot transformation. On the second capsule, when the shield enemies show up, keep shooting the powerup until it becomes a flashing F. Pick it up and crash into everything. There's enough enemies to put you well over 50,000 for score.

Jungler (GGG)
    I would recommend this as a purchase game, but not at all for single play. I spent quite a few plays before I got score high enough, and time spender was bad enough getting to silver, let alone gold. Overall, pretty easy to get triple golds.

For survival, on the first map there's an S shape near the top right corner. Get in there and move back and forth until your tail is hidden in with you. If someone comes in, leave and go around and back in. (Picture may be forthcoming if that's confusing.) When a strawberry appears, make a run for it, then get back. If you didn't get hit on the way back, now whenever an enemy finds you, they'll destroy themselves on you. Hit A every now and then to let the game know you're still alive, but it's the closest thing to a safe point. Try to stay on the early levels as long as possible, as later ones don't have anything you could use as a safe point.

Pitfall! (GGG)
    With a decent guide, score is an easy gold. Once the score is obtained, retreat to a tunnel with a brick wall and just run at it and jump until time runs out for survival.

River Raid (GGG)
    I am supposedly alone on this in that I didn't have too much trouble getting gold score. I also had fun with this one. I found the major thing to getthing River Raid to work was knowing to hold back on the control stick more often so that I could slow down, take my time and pick off targets, and slow down over fuel to refuel further. Score can be a bit tricky if the controls are too touchy, survival is aided by the fact that you can wait about a minute between lives.

Road Fighter (GGG)
    For the love of god, this was frustrating. It's nothing but practice for the score and survival medals. This is not an easy triple gold, avoid it.

Tempest (GGG)
    Feasible for one of the golds on a single play. You have the ability to choose which level to play. Beat the fourth level at 32,000 for an instant gold score. Start on the very first level to drag out time for survival. Still a tricky survival gold.

SINGLE PLAYS
    Hyper Crash (GGO)
    Practicing on the demo was important on this one. I found changing the controls so that RT was the gas was also necessary. The point here is to smash your opponents into a barrel or into a wall until they explode. With each car destroyed, your multiplier increases until you get 5,000 points per car. Keeping that multiplier is key, which means 1) don't die, and 2) don't use the flip manuever. Brake when the game flashes a turn sign at you and take pains to avoid hitting a barrel. In the first area, get out of the way if you see a car doing a flip, and in the second, don't follow right behind a car as they drop oil slicks. Getting through the first two areas should give a gold score and a silver survival, so just keep going for double gold.

Iron Horse (BSO)
    I screwed this one up, but GGO is still pretty easy. When choosing a weapon, choose fists, as they get more points per kill. When the game starts, grab the money bag, then push up against the right wall and get right on the corner closest to the bottom of the screen. Mash the punch button and you should hit anything that comes your way, even from behind. Time will run out and kill you, so repeat this a few times. On the last run, you'll hit 30,000 points, which will give you an extra life to do it again. Done correctly, this makes for twin golds.

River Raid 2 (BGG)
    Just tap the thrust once a minute, but not enough to leave the carrier for the double gold. For the bronze score, you want to get through the level as quickly as possible. Fly past everything, hit a refuel if you can. When you get to the river, dive down low to go as fast as possible. Remember to pull up to shoot the bridge! You'll likely run out of fuel, and therefore a life, by the time you get to the carrier. That's fine! When you go to land, tap the thrust into about the middle of the bar, and when you're over the aircraft carrier, stop thrusting and push forward like you're diving down. Instant bronze.

Tutankham (OGG)
    Run through the maze and get to the bottom portion of the first screen. Pick up the treasure on the far left and stay there. When time runs out, you will not be able to attack anymore. Stay in that corner and hit any of the face buttons once a minute. Keep a flash bomb handy just in case an enemy spawns on your end when you first get there. Once in your corner, no enemy spawns on your end.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.