Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Game Room Walkthrough Discussion

• JayourJayour1,065,486
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 01:17
    I'm not quite sure what you mean with that post, are those suggestions for the "Suggested Games" part of the walkthrough?
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,111,455
    Posted on 07 June 11 at 02:50
    Oh, yes, sorry. Just thinking to share my experience with both the easy single plays for gold medals that I had and the purchased games, since you need to buy at least one. The idea in my mind is to get one that all three golds are fairly easy but not single play material.

At the very least, I'd say River Raid II and Tutankham are worth throwing in under suggested games. Iron Horse, as noted by my score, it's possible to screw it up but still an easy method. The rest, take and leave them as you will.
  • PRELUDEcrisPRELUDEcris210,455
    Posted on 27 February 12 at 15:44
    I HEAR A RUMOR THAT GETTING TO LEVEL 20 IS UNATTAINABLE? IS THAT TRUE? OR IS IT THAT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO GET THIS ACHIEVEMENT WITHOUT PURCHASING GAMES?
  • Wanderer128Wanderer128206,430 206,430 GamerScore
    Posted on 09 March 12 at 20:48
    I was looking at page #4 in the Walkthrough and noticed a link to the discussion, and first off, I wanted to say that you need to update the link because it just took me to the list of all threads and boards rather than this one, and the other thing I wanted to mention was a particular game you could mention.

Yie Ar Kung Fu.
    You need 100,000 for Gold in points, 8 minutes for Gold in Survival, and 2 hours for Gold in Time Spender.
    Yie Ar Kung Fu was the third fighting game ever released, and the first that involved different styles. Furthermore, prior to Game Room, it was released as a XBLA title, which means that there are already TA solutions for how to achieve certain things within the game. One of the achievements was to score 200,000 points, which if you watch the video provided in their solutions, is easily achievable, and you'll get Gold in Survival at the same time with around 10 minutes. The only thing at that point is Time Spender which does take a while. So what I'm saying, is that this game is great for those who love fighting games and their history. I'm also saying that this is an easy 2/3 Gold Medals for just a Single Try, and a bit of a grind but definitely achievable to get 3/3 Gold Medals for a 240 point buy.
    Wanderer128
  • Posted on 17 December 12 at 21:11
    First off I would like to say thank you for all the time and effort spent in creating this walkthrough. Now, I have what some might consider a really stupid question. In the walkthrough, when you refer to going for the timed achievements; such as play for an hour, does that have to be in "classic mode" or ranked? The reason I ask, I've been told both ways. One person stated it must be done in classic mode and the other told me it must be done in ranked. I know some games only have classic mode while others have both. *confused*
    If it's not to late I'd like to take you up on this offer as well.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy530,245
    Posted on 13 February 13 at 14:05, Edited on 13 February 13 at 14:05 by JMJimmy
    Notes on suggested games section:

Astroids Deluxe - you cannot use the sit and spin strategy here for 2 reasons: 1) the introduction of cluster ships which seek you out. There really isn't enough time to target them all in most cases from a standing position. 2) UFOs target you specifically - they no longer random fire like the previous 2 games.

Gravitar: Easy for survivalist and time spender but Point Buster should not be recommended. Bronze is easy enough but Silver and Gold are rather difficult overall. Not that it's overly hard but the longer you play the more chance there is to get hit by a random shot from the UFO. Since you're only gaining 200(?) points per UFO kill it can take a long time to get there for the gold

Galactic Warriors: Time spender trick - just rubber band the RS after getting to the name selection screen - that time counts too!

Also: Turbo controller for time spender achievements = easy golds. Turbo the A button and walk away... so long as game room doesn't lock up, it's yours.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • UnsungGhostUnsungGhost639,955
    Posted on 11 December 15 at 20:06
    There is ".htm" at the end of many of the achievement "bars" in the guide. It's probably a leftover from a format change.
  • LoonieleeLoonielee612,901
    Posted on 09 May 16 at 18:08
    All fixed.
    Proud member of the Walkthrough Team
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.