Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PES 2009 Servers Closing on January 31st

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,298
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 00:07
    Better get your boots on!

Konami have announced that they are closing the online servers for Pro Evolution Soccer 2009. In a press release from Konami, they said:

The online service for Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 will be terminated on 31/01/2011(UTC). We would like to thank you for your loyal support. We would also like to thank you for your continued support of the PES series titles.
    This message also appears when you are playing online.

These are the achievements that will be unobtainable when the servers are closed:

High Win Ratio
    Winning Streak
    Hat-trick
    Legends Master
    Combination Goal
    Best Combination
    Legends Debut
    Total Combination
    Ultimate Player

You have 38 days left to get these achievements. It's time to put your boots on and start playing!

Credit goes to Heartworks for this story
  • OakleyishereOakleyishere126,708
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 00:10, Edited on 25 December 10 at 00:11 by Oakleyishere
    woah, hope EA don't follow this up now with fifa 09 going as well. :/

and merry christmas one and allsmiletoast
  • JesticulatorJesticulator493,914
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 00:13
    I thought the servers for pes 6 and pes 2008 were still online? Did this game really sell that badly?
  • Barad 007Barad 007936,402
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 00:39
    Forget PES..
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko401,724
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 00:58
    Jesticulator X said:
    I thought the servers for pes 6 and pes 2008 were still online? Did this game really sell that badly?
    PES 6 and 2008 are handled by Microsofts servers/peer2peer network whereas after that it is handled by Konami.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,308
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 01:00
    This really pisses me off !!!!!!

I will never buy a PES game again because of this, they blew it.
  • Tully123Tully123755,193
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 01:06
    Why do they insist on having their own servers? Let MS run them so they don't fucking close down!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 10 at 01:06
    This is what put me off Sports games. I dont need a new one every year to play a match...until they start saying NO you cant play this, go buy the new game...
    Unfcnbleevibl - Arrrrrrr, what about me booty
  • PeaceSquidPeaceSquid508,467
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 01:08
    The achievements were always unachievable to me as I wasn't touching this piece of shit ever.
    www.peoww.co.uk - max my dad, doctor.
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto150,962
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 02:26
    Worst ever footy game.
  • SanadaSanada729,853
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 02:33
    I have never tried maxing a soccer game. Really wish EA wouldn't do this and make themselves look worse than before..and here I thought it was impossible.
  • SpazpolSpazpol1,236,056
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 03:16
    Actually this is Konami, not EA....
    Just because you're necessary, doesn't mean you're important....
  • OMDizzyOMDizzy189,545
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 03:40
    I was really hoping to not boost this...looks like I'll have to. New games tomorrow plus games I already own will equal no time for this.

Happy Christmas everyone.
  • BDSLiVeBDSLiVe50,017
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 03:50
    Spazpol said:
    LOL Yeah, and pretty soon it will be every publisher unless gamers refuse to support this kind of behavior.
    Too Bad I hid a BooT
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 10 at 04:05
    BDSLiVe said:
    Spazpol said:
    LOL Yeah, and pretty soon it will be every publisher unless gamers refuse to support this kind of behavior.
    Smart Publisher's let MS handle the servers.
    Currently playing Halo:Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield: BC 2 and Red Dead Redemption
  • Posted on 25 December 10 at 04:43
    The thing is, outside of the achievement community, most of the people who buy sports titles DO want the new one every year, and trying to keep up servers for games that almost no one plays is not realistic economic wise.

Does MS ever "handle" servers? I was always under the impression that multiplayer console games where either served from a companies servers, or through peer2peer, host style networks. It just seems to me that if microsoft ever did handle these servers,noone would have their own
  • justinman114justinman114196,713
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 05:12
    PeaceSquid said:
    The achievements were always unachievable to me as I wasn't touching this piece of shit ever.
    *like*
  • flyingmario5404flyingmario54041,175,060
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 05:42
    are we sure ultimate player is an online achievement. You also missed another online achievement called Total Combination. Score 30000 point. Its definetely online
    I do not boost with RANDOMS. I have enough great friends to boost with.
  • robdupprobdupp376,513
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 07:37
    wow I honestly wondered if ANYONE played soccer games on xbox bbefore this post.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 10 at 07:41
    flyingmario5404 said:
    are we sure ultimate player is an online achievement. You also missed another online achievement called Total Combination. Score 30000 point. Its definetely online
    IIRC, I think to get Ultimate Player you have to unlock one or some of these other online achievements. Correct about Total Combination though.Fortunatley, I got these online achievments out of the way about a year ago. Unfortunatley, I bought this PoS game and still have over 300g left to obtain. :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.