Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PES 2009 Servers Closing on January 31st

• BemusedBoxBemusedBox2,222,045
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 08:33
    I was talking last week about the servers closeing for this game strange.If anyone wants to boost the pal version let me know.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 December 10 at 10:09
    Atleast PES 6 and PES 2008 are still active as I need to do those 2 as I started them already but never would I buy a PES game again. I didn't even buy FIFA 10 or 11 because the achievements sucked balls.
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,308
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 10:19
    Ruthless Remix said:
    Atleast PES 6 and PES 2008 are still active as I need to do those 2 as I started them already but never would I buy a PES game again. I didn't even buy FIFA 10 or 11 because the achievements sucked balls.
    Amen my brother
  • Fariko LympFariko Lymp118,926
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 11:13
    This really annoys me. I've put so much into this game and I hate that they're shutting it down when I'm not finished playing it. I hate the fact that I only have a month to do it and there's barely anyone online to achieve these.

Pooey!!
    Gamerdad ftw!
  • dancrozierdancrozier585,815
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 11:48
    Rubbish, should be open a minimum 3 years
  • Silvercat21Silvercat21184,579
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 12:50
    shit, come on...move to Mars (new home)...
  • SaltyTONSaltyTON271,581
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 13:33
    robdupp said:
    wow I honestly wondered if ANYONE played soccer games on xbox bbefore this post.
    It's called football, we invented it so you call it what we call it... we don't call what you call 'football' by our own name - we just stick American in front of it to differentiate. If we called it "rugby for fat people in padding" you would get offended.

Oh, and I'd reckon Fifa 11 is probably the highest selling sports game in the world (2.6m in first week). laugh
  • Posted on 25 December 10 at 14:22
    thanks now i will never buy this.
    not that i was gonna do it otherwise.
  • sm182sm182840,838
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 15:05
    For 'Ultimate Player', the guide says that the achievement 'Combination Goal' is required + essentially completing the rest of the cups, etc.

Now can you just unlock 'Combination Goal' and get the rest later or do you need to do all the requirements for 'Ultimate Player' and unlock it prior to the 31st January cut-off?
  • chanjamlukechanjamluke161,576
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 15:38
    SaltyTON said:
    robdupp said:
    wow I honestly wondered if ANYONE played soccer games on xbox bbefore this post.
    It's called football, we invented it so you call it what we call it... we don't call what you call 'football' by our own name - we just stick American in front of it to differentiate. If we called it "rugby for fat people in padding" you would get offended.

lol.

But yes, annoying that the servers are closing, I've got like none of the online achievements.
  • flyingmario5404flyingmario54041,175,060
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 15:44
    sm182 said:
    For 'Ultimate Player', the guide says that the achievement 'Combination Goal' is required + essentially completing the rest of the cups, etc.

Now can you just unlock 'Combination Goal' and get the rest later or do you need to do all the requirements for 'Ultimate Player' and unlock it prior to the 31st January cut-off?
    2nd this. I want to know if I need to play this now or later. Thanks
    I do not boost with RANDOMS. I have enough great friends to boost with.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar240,298
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 19:39
    flyingmario5404 said:
    sm182 said:

If you have "Combination Goal" before the cut off date, then you should still be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" afterwards. I included it in this list because an online achievement is part of the requirements for this one; for people who haven't unlocked "Combination Goal" before Jan 31st, they will not be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" either.
  • sm182sm182840,838
    Posted on 25 December 10 at 19:44
    PunkyLiar said:
    flyingmario5404 said:
    sm182 said:

If you have "Combination Goal" before the cut off date, then you should still be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" afterwards. I included it in this list because an online achievement is part of the requirements for this one; for people who haven't unlocked "Combination Goal" before Jan 31st, they will not be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" either.
    Gratis for the helpful anwser.
  • Ry FryyRy Fryy416,976
    Posted on 26 December 10 at 02:32
    1K'ed this a while ago. wink
  • HurballHurball484,131
    Posted on 26 December 10 at 11:54
    Pretty quick server closure if you ask me. At least give the game another year... Also it's pretty bizarre that PES 6 and 2008 are still going (due to them being P2P). Whatever, Fifa is the king again these days.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 December 10 at 14:31
    Not sure why people comment on a piece of news just to go " this games shit".

Dont like , why even read news regarding it .
  • HeartworksHeartworks386,883
    Posted on 26 December 10 at 16:16
    Been looking about and not found huge amounts on information just yet but there are two versions of the game due to a DLC update which has been pulled from the marketplace.

If creating sessions you should specify which version of the game you have.

Also, I'm not too sure what would happen if I deleted this DLC, ie my save file might not be compatible with the disk player database or something - as you can't re-download this update.

I guess worst case scenario you would just lose all single player process you have made so far...
  • SaltyTONSaltyTON271,581
    Posted on 26 December 10 at 18:28, Edited on 26 December 10 at 18:28 by SaltyTON
    The game barely works online, you can't go ten seconds before there's a blip. It's not worth the hassle!
  • Nekro NekoNekro Neko401,724
    Posted on 26 December 10 at 19:02
    I must add this, games should not come with online achievements if they are going to have that functionality removed at a later date.
    www.cyberscore.me.uk
  • Posted on 26 December 10 at 19:15
    PES 6 is still the best in the series online so it's not a major issue really
    Righty Dokey Skip
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.