Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PES 2009 Servers Closing on January 31st

• Golgo28Golgo28205,394
    Posted on 27 December 10 at 14:31
    everytime a server shuts down ppl bitch.here's an idea don't buy sports games,actually go outside and play the sport.and honestly i've never seen anyone with this game on their GC.so why even cry about it's server closure.maybe if ppl didn't buy like 50 used games just to raise their GS.they could have finished it by now.because GS is meaningless when you play a bunch of crap games to boost your score.it doesn't make you a hardcore gamer.

playing a shooter with friends at lan party for 3 days straight with no sleep,that's harrdcore.playing an rpg that doesn't give you a waypoint or trail to find your way to the next quest,is hardcore.exploring every inch of an action/adventure games content beyond just the achievements so you can see everything the devs put in,thats hardcore.playing through a puzzle game with no achievements on the hardest difficulty is hardcore.but whining about pes 2009 servers closing when it seems that it wasn't a fun game to begin with,that's just sad.because if i wanted to play soccer i'll go outside and if the weather is really bad then i'd play a fifa game.
    I'm your worst nightmare a educated man.
  • zigs00zigs00217,712
    Posted on 27 December 10 at 15:48, Edited on 27 December 10 at 15:49 by zigs00
    And whining about how other people choose to enjoy playing games and criticising them for how they choose to spend their free time is hardcore.
  • Posted on 27 December 10 at 18:31
    Golgo28 said:
    everytime a server shuts down ppl bitch.here's an idea don't buy sports games,actually go outside and play the sport.and honestly i've never seen anyone with this game on their GC.so why even cry about it's server closure.maybe if ppl didn't buy like 50 used games just to raise their GS.they could have finished it by now.because GS is meaningless when you play a bunch of crap games to boost your score.it doesn't make you a hardcore gamer.

playing a shooter with friends at lan party for 3 days straight with no sleep,that's harrdcore.playing an rpg that doesn't give you a waypoint or trail to find your way to the next quest,is hardcore.exploring every inch of an action/adventure games content beyond just the achievements so you can see everything the devs put in,thats hardcore.playing through a puzzle game with no achievements on the hardest difficulty is hardcore.but whining about pes 2009 servers closing when it seems that it wasn't a fun game to begin with,that's just sad.because if i wanted to play soccer i'll go outside and if the weather is really bad then i'd play a fifa game.
    1. If we buy a product, we can make any observation we want on it, if you don't buy it, you have no right to question what we say about it.
    2. Why do you play FPS? Go join the armyfacepalm, that is a stupid statement for a gamer to make.
    3. Why are you complaing about how people get gamerscore on an achievement earning website? That is not hardcore, playing a game to see what devs put in and playing for three days straight? That is sad/geeky, not hardcorelaugh
    No online game is "n00bish", you just suck, doesn't matter if it's Halo,COD or GOW.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 December 10 at 18:59
    Nekro Neko said:
    I must add this, games should not come with online achievements if they are going to have that functionality removed at a later date.
    Agreed.
    Unfcnbleevibl - Arrrrrrr, what about me booty
  • HurballHurball484,131
    Posted on 28 December 10 at 23:27
    Golgo28 said:

This is the most nonsensical thing I think I've ever read.
  • dancrozierdancrozier585,931
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:05
    Golgo28 said:

I so wished I had known this before, I would never have bothered with Batman AA, I should have just bought a cape and a boomerang..

And you assume everybody is or wants to be a hardcore gamer because?...

And some people actually prefer PES to FIFA, I still play PES6 online as that is the most fluid soccer game for me
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM93,249
    Posted on 05 January 11 at 14:57
    DaShAg said:
    This really pisses me off !!!!!!

I will never buy a PES game again because of this, they blew it.
    I'm guessing you have the same policy towards EA? Because they do this kinda thing all the time.
  • Posted on 11 January 11 at 20:53
    PES used to kick the crap out of fifa, and you know what i think, 11 the all most got ea beat again
  • WilllHamWilllHam494,442
    Posted on 30 January 11 at 03:45, Edited on 30 January 11 at 08:09 by drabik
    Does anybody have an idea wat time they will be closing? will it be 00.01 on the 31st?
  • I Ayron II Ayron I846,590
    Posted on 02 February 11 at 15:45
    the ultimate player achievement is is possible without online servers
  • punkyliarpunkyliar240,298
    Posted on 02 February 11 at 15:56
    Dragon 0f time said:
    the ultimate player achievement is is possible without online servers
    For the majority of the requirements yes, but as said several posts ago:

PunkyLiar said:
    flyingmario5404 said:
    sm182 said:
    For 'Ultimate Player', the guide says that the achievement 'Combination Goal' is required + essentially completing the rest of the cups, etc.

Now can you just unlock 'Combination Goal' and get the rest later or do you need to do all the requirements for 'Ultimate Player' and unlock it prior to the 31st January cut-off?
    2nd this. I want to know if I need to play this now or later. Thanks
    If you have "Combination Goal" before the cut off date, then you should still be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" afterwards. I included it in this list because an online achievement is part of the requirements for this one; for people who haven't unlocked "Combination Goal" before Jan 31st, they will not be able to unlock "Ultimate Player" either.
    Posted on 03 February 11 at 15:16
    i have all online achievements but not this one....server are down but i can get this ultimate achivement or not?

sry i cant good english =(
    Posted on 03 February 11 at 17:04
    Dragon 0f time said:
    i have all online achievements but not this one....server are down but i can get this ultimate achivement or not?

sry i cant good english =(
    If you have all of the online achievements already, then you will be able to get this achievement now.
  • DaShAgDaShAg254,308
    Posted on 04 February 11 at 08:51
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    DaShAg said:
    This really pisses me off !!!!!!

I will never buy a PES game again because of this, they blew it.
    I'm guessing you have the same policy towards EA? Because they do this kinda thing all the time.
    Yeah, EA can suck my hairy balls...Only to women who work there though

p.s. I lied, my balls are not hairy
    Posted on 04 February 11 at 16:16
    thx punky!
  • BigSalad87BigSalad87211,405
    Posted on 24 August 11 at 18:03
    Anyone know why this pes game has its server shutdown but pes 6 doesnt??
    Incurable romantic, seeks filthy whore.
    Posted on 24 August 11 at 18:24
    davechambers87 said:
    Anyone know why this pes game has its server shutdown but pes 6 doesnt??
    PES 6 is peer-to-peer, whereas PES 2009 was dedicated servers.
  • tommygun1707tommygun1707269,662
    Posted on 15 August 12 at 19:08, Edited on 15 August 12 at 21:14 by drabik
    FML i bought this game cos the pes 6 servers were still up, and this game is so bad aswell :( :(
    tommygun1707
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.