Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fez Patch Now Available

• MatrarchMatrarch993,488
  • SpilnerSpilner772,405
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:19Permalink
    Everyone has to earn offline till they fix it, nice of them to miss something.
    Normality has resumed in the crazed mind of a nutjob
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:32Permalink
    Something about the patch breaking the game is unsettling to me...

With even just basic testing of the patch, you would think that they would have noticed "Oh crap, as soon as we update this, it breaks again. Also, once it's broke, if you remove the new update, it might still be broke."

I appreciate the fact that they went back and fixed 30+ issues with the game, but the fact that the fix is breaking more sucks.
  • Papa El LoroPapa El Loro435,495
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:37Permalink
    I don't have the game, not untill its on special, but its good to see that they're improving it.
    When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
  • RockoxRockox99,812
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:39Permalink
    Hopefully by the time the game goes on sale, all these issues will be worked out.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,036,922
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 17:47Permalink
    Wow, a pretty big negative despite all of the good fixes.
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 18:16Permalink
    I want this game a lot but haven't yet picked it up. I'm glad to know by the time I do, all of this will be sorted out.
    Overall this game looks to be fantastic!
  • liiamiliiami289,939
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 18:20Permalink
    How does this patch even pass testing? facepalm
  • K0B1U5K0B1U5309,221
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 18:36Permalink
    I beat the whole game without any major bugs, and I definitely recommend it! Nice to see the developer continuing to support their title though.
    “A man chooses, a slave obeys.”
  • TimutimuTimutimu157,958
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 19:56Permalink
    That's alot of fixes. If you haven't played it yet, the major negative will not be an issue and it sounds as though having the patch will greatly benfit Fez virgins
    Dum de dum dum dum
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,932
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 21:02Permalink
    I own this. Guess I'll be waiting to start it..
  • WayensWayens122,650
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 21:22Permalink
    Every time I'm thinking of buying it, something like this pops up. Would have bought it at launch week if it weren't for the bug reports. Well, more waiting.
  • Posted on 22 June 12 at 21:43, Edited on 22 June 12 at 21:43 by sicsonicPermalink
    I played through the original released version of Fez for days when I bought it, and I saw no problems at all other then my system froze once, that's it. I must say it's my favorite game I've played in years, so if you can play through it with no problems it IS amazing.

This new patch doesn't sound good though.
  • VixyNyanVixyNyan943,762
    Posted on 22 June 12 at 22:15Permalink
    Good thing most of us who owns the game managed to get the 200/200 early before save corruption happened. ^^;;
    Fight, VixyNyan~! For Everlasting Love & Snuggles~!
  • Posted on 23 June 12 at 00:36Permalink
    From what I've heard from Polytron, I like to update the note that M$ has pulled the patch out of Live for now, so at least the problem won't affect the new users. They're trying to find out what happened and fix it as soon as possible. Like, in less than two months.
  • Loch DounLoch Doun233,948
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 05:32Permalink
    TsubakiCalamity said:
    From what I've heard from Polytron, I like to update the note that M$ has pulled the patch out of Live for now, so at least the problem won't affect the new users. They're trying to find out what happened and fix it as soon as possible. Like, in less than two months.
    Good to know.
  • True MarvellousTrue Marvellous2,510,820
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 09:18Permalink
    Expensive mistake by them, but if you dont QC properly i have no sympathy for the however good their game is.
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y277,204
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 13:09Permalink
    More and more games are being released as sub-standard, taking weeks to be fixed and in cases like this and others, either not acknowledging all problems or even creating more.

Gamers really do deserve more.
  • CormyreCormyre201,897
    Posted on 23 June 12 at 16:21Permalink
    Game felt pretty ok when it was released, only suffered a few crashes, etc on the path to 200 it. Needed better play testers for certain parts to be sure, but everything was do-able. The need for better play testers is even more highlighted by the save corruption problem caused by the patch.
  • Posted on 24 June 12 at 00:00Permalink
    so can this corrupt any save made after the patch is installed or only saves that were made before the patch. im planning on playing this game real soon (tomorrow or monday) and im just curious. hopefully they fix it quickly!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.