Game Discussion: LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy

If I put in a cheat to unlock a ghost character will it void the Achievements?

• Posted on 21 February 13 at 20:55Permalink
    If I put in a cheat to unlock a ghost character will it void the Achievements and 100% stats?

I'm having a really hard time staying alive cause of the damn respawning enemies. I need a ghost character!
    "Tick tock, Mr. Bauer. You're running out of time." - Season 8 of 24.
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9609,707
    Posted on 22 February 13 at 00:45Permalink
    I've played nearly all of the Lego games, and in my experience, all of them allow you to use cheat codes without affecting achievements.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • Posted on 22 February 13 at 02:24Permalink
    I read on Xbox360Achievements.org that certain cheats disable Achievements. I think it mentioned that the Extras disable them. I was hoping that if I put in a code to unlock a character early it wouldn't disable Achievements.
    Posted on 22 February 13 at 02:36Permalink
    Checking various forums, I'm finding that cheat codes never disable any achievements in any Lego games. The only thing you may run into is an achievement that says, "Get X score without using multipliers". For those, just simply turn the code/brick/multiplier off and you'll be fine.
  • Posted on 22 February 13 at 04:01Permalink
    Okay cool! Thanks for the advice!
    Posted on 22 February 13 at 05:52Permalink
    No problem.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen606,439
    Posted on 22 February 13 at 15:10, Edited on 22 February 13 at 15:11 by Das KuhnenPermalink
    For the most part, the only cheat that will disable some achievements is the invincibility cheat, but it's usually only 1 or 2 for not dying on a level. Entering codes, however, should not disable anything, since you still need to activiate a cheat to make it work after using the code. Then, even when activated, almost nothing gets disabled.

I haven't come across a character code disabling anything in any lego game thus far.
    Turns out, actually playing a game you want to finish helps you complete it...
  • Posted on 22 February 13 at 21:40Permalink
    Cool! Thanks Das Kuhnen!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.