Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Demo Speeds In for F1 Race Stars

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,800
    Posted on 07 November 12 at 19:20
    More gameplay footage too

Please click here to read the story: Demo Speeds In for F1 Race Stars

Credit goes to Nighthawk205 for this story
  • MH The RockstarMH The Rockstar1,188,806
    Posted on 07 November 12 at 20:40
    Excellent. Time to go queue this up.
    Ha ha, Charade you are!
  • Reina WattReina Watt482,826
    Posted on 07 November 12 at 21:28
    Tried the demo, it's not bad. By the looks of the demo, the full game will be one of those games that won't appeal to most - no guns, no explosions, no testosterone fueled muscle bound generic male lead with more muscles than brains - but it could be one for those looking for something fun.
    I play video games, therefore I am
  • GwintbleiddGwintbleidd991,832
    Posted on 07 November 12 at 22:00
    The demo is fun, maybe i´ll give it a try. Could be very nice playing this with friends!
    So isch des!
  • Posted on 08 November 12 at 00:43
    Played the demo, didn't really enjoy tbh. Would play Mario Kart over it any day of the week.
  • DrShoe1976DrShoe1976316,935
    Posted on 08 November 12 at 01:26
    With these kind of games, the 'rubber-banding' is always the key aspect as to whether I enjoy them or not.

Demo will be tried soon, hopefully it won't be abysmal as this does look a lot of fun.
  • CASS190684CASS190684245,701
    Posted on 08 November 12 at 07:24
    DrShoe1976 said:
    With these kind of games, the 'rubber-banding' is always the key aspect as to whether I enjoy them or not.

Demo will be tried soon, hopefully it won't be abysmal as this does look a lot of fun.
    I can't stand rubber-banding either. If I race well then I should be rewarded for that - not pipped at the post by cheating AI. Don't get me started on NFS: Hot Pursuit...
    Anyway, as for this one... Well I tried the demo earlier today and I thought it seemed quite ok :) I can see myself having fun with this and the achievements don't look too bad either from what I've seen. It'll be fun with friends I think!
    Looking forward to seeing how the reviews go once it's released.
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Kid KimeKid Kime202,599
    Posted on 08 November 12 at 09:26
    Played one race on the demo last night, seems pretty good to be honest, and im in no way a F1 fan.

Think I will get this, local co-op is pretty fun and will see me through until Sonic Racing is out.
  • Posted on 08 November 12 at 10:53
    Might give this a 'spin' later on
  • RaDimarzioRaDimarzio212,972
    Posted on 08 November 12 at 11:36
    It's a fun demo. I really enjoyed. But I can't deny that it seems to fit more as an arcade game than a retail. Btw, if I find it in a low price, I'll get it for sure.
  • Posted on 08 November 12 at 16:01
    Kid Kime said:
    Played one race on the demo last night, seems pretty good to be honest, and im in no way a F1 fan.

Think I will get this, local co-op is pretty fun and will see me through until Sonic Racing is out.
    Seriously, what the hell has this to do with F1 other than using the drivers and teams names. Any real F1 fan would not want this anyway
  • Posted on 09 November 12 at 10:46
    RaDimarzio said:
    It's a fun demo. I really enjoyed. But I can't deny that it seems to fit more as an arcade game than a retail. Btw, if I find it in a low price, I'll get it for sure.
    I know what you mean, I'd happily spend 1600 ms points on it as an XBLA game, but ity does seem lacking in content for a retail release.

Tantric Monkeys said:
    Seriously, what the hell has this to do with F1 other than using the drivers and teams names. Any real F1 fan would not want this anyway
    Really?! Codemasters other F1 games are not full SIMs, there're not fully arcade, with this game you know exactly what you're getting. I'm an F1 fan and when I see it drop to under £20 I'll be getting straight away (I hardly ever buy games full price anyway)
    There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.
  • mzivtinsmzivtins304,521
    Posted on 09 November 12 at 18:00
    Reina Watt said:
    Tried the demo, it's not bad. By the looks of the demo, the full game will be one of those games that won't appeal to most - no guns, no explosions, no testosterone fueled muscle bound generic male lead with more muscles than brains - but it could be one for those looking for something fun.
    Lol, where did that come from :/

This game would have been much better if it followed the same visuals as McLaren's Tooned.
  • FreakGirlFreakGirl125,465
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 08:41
    Already played the demo as well and had fun with it. But, I actually thought it was kinda hard. In the 3000cc class I finished last 0.o On 1000cc I finished 2nd place, at least. Anyway, going to get the game as soon as it's been released. I like games like that a lot. Even though the new Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is going to kick - maybe even Mario's - ass :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.