Music Forum

Forum to discuss your favourite bands, song and albums you like, etc

Rammstein

AuthorMessage
erikthedud
erikthedud
Posted on 12 May 11 at 19:26
Anyone catching them this year?

I have been waiting for 12 years to see them, and I finally caught them at the ACC on Sunday. Amazing show, well worth the money. I would go again in a heartbeat.
Killme37
Killme37
Posted on 13 May 11 at 03:40
I would like to. I just started listening to them recently

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 May 11 at 15:13
Heard their show in Montreal last year was amazing! I'd love to see them
erikthedud
erikthedud
Posted on 13 May 11 at 19:46
there show in Toronto was just as amazing
Grotesque Fiend
Posted on 01 April 13 at 12:23
I didn't get the chance to see them, but I love German bands.
Vaciks Ghost
Vaciks Ghost
Posted on 04 March 19 at 16:07
Sorry to dredge up this topic from 6 years ago, but I figured I would chime in.

I saw Rammstein on their first U.S. tour in '97 as accompaniment to KMFDM. At the time, their cover of "Stripped" by Depeche Mode was yet to be released, but it was a staple at their shows.

After that, I saw them on the Family Values Tour on Halloween in '98 in Virginia. This was the show that they were removed from the stage and arrested, as the other bands had decided to dress up for Halloween and Rammstein, never to be outdone, decided to dress up as Adam from the Garden of Eden...which meant that they were completely naked except for some well-placed gaffer's tape. They only got to play three songs before being ejected, but I only remember two: "Engel" and "Tier" off of "Sehnsucht".

I had tickets to see them post-"Mutter", but was unable to attend the show. Considering the years-long hiatus afterward, I'm kicking myself for not trying a bit harder to make the show.

In 2010, I managed to get tickets to see them perform their one-off, first-time-in-10-years' show in Madison Square Garden. Their opener was Combichrist when they were still performing a mixed electro set, which was pretty awesome.

That's about it for my time seeing Rammstein. They've been fantastic, and more theatrical, each time. I was in the front row twice, and both times the sheer heat from the pyrotechnics was enough to leave me feeling completely destroyed by the end of the show. Good times.
SkydivingFalcon
Posted on 11 March 19 at 20:50
I’m seeing them live this year!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.