Game Discussion: Halo 4

XP Ban

• Posted on 10 November 12 at 22:37Permalink
    The reasoning behind boosting isn't to find a way to cheat it's to achieve the hard to obtain goals that you are struggling with.

Boosting Sessions should be a gathering of players to work on a game together, not cheat it. If you got banned from boosting this early after a release, It could be a number of reasons.

1. The System is new and doesn't know the good from the bad yet. It's also hard for the Developers to expect such things.
    2. You were cheating the system by 'bug abuse' 'glitching' or other wise finding loop-holes that weren't meant to be tapped.
    3. It's an accidental system flaw that flagged you for what was assumed cheating and you were doing every thing legitimately.

Now, what is the true reasoning behind your ban?
    Cheating, Playing Fair, or Just being a "Badass" gamer.

It's not like halo reach, where Oni Sword Base - Glitch was deemed acceptable by most; based on the fact that it was an unintended loophole and you could only get so much out of that glitch, before you stopped earning credits.
    "Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, ... " - Dory
  • Posted on 10 November 12 at 22:55, Edited on 10 November 12 at 23:00 by Mobius EvalonPermalink
    Boosting is a replacement for the hordes of intolerable assholes on multiplayer. Halo is famous for being filled to the brim with hooting dickholes that call you a faggot every 7.5 seconds or so, and I for one vastly prefer a boost to the obnoxious, teabagging, whiny little thirteen year olds that make up 85% of the multiplayer populace on games rated beyond their age.

No to mention in addition that anybody who doesn't play the game religiously will never have a chance against someone who does. Try-hards will always win and it's not entertaining to have your ass handed to you in 20 minute increments.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Mark FarleyMark Farley487,163
    Posted on 10 November 12 at 22:59Permalink
    Scottybonzo said:
    N0BLE 360 said:
    If you can't earn your stuff legit pack up your console and take it back to the store for a refund. achievements and milestones are tests of gamers ability...

Thats what makes me laugh about this site , at the top trueachievements... just how good are you ( well i'm the best i play 10 boosting sessions a night for multiple games) ... boring just play the game as it was intended
    Said N0BLE360 who has had approx 170 gaming sessions feedbacks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdKr1jlDzW4
    MY TA interview -http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=941741&anchor=946755
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic379,463
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 03:22Permalink
    AxGryndr said:
    Well it isn't a ban just for boosting. I also got a message the I have been banned from earning XP also. I am only an SR29 - I am not a super awesome player but I am not bad. I have only played the online multiplayer mostly because I enjoy it. I haven't boosted - like other people said no real point. I don't have any crazy commendation levels and I only have 19 of the achievements. Not really sure how the system works but it seems a little broken. The 343 forum sounds like the Dew XP caps might be at fault but I only used a few the first day when the game came out and I didn't get banned until today.
    Well crap...I have 78 matches of Double XP from the caps ready to go...I figure I'll hit the 200 match limit soonish...

>.<
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9583,614
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 08:43Permalink
    McAtee MADNESS said:
    N0BLE 360 said:
    Erickson187 said:
    I was trying to help a friend get the 117 win challenge and also was working on some of the weapons which someone with my skill set is normally unable to get since I am not one who plays online as much as most.
    no excuse really laugh

If you can't earn your stuff legit pack up your console and take it back to the store for a refund. achievements and milestones are tests of gamers ability...

Thats what makes me laugh about this site , at the top trueachievements... just how good are you ( well i'm the best i play 10 boosting sessions a night for multiple games) ... boring just play the game as it was intended

I hope they have perma banned you smile
    That's messed up. Did you play avatar the last air bender to show your ability?
    laugh
    Guess he never heard that saying about stone-throwing and glass houses.
    CEO/GSSP: Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • vBlitevBlite154,166
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 09:28Permalink
    Abysmal players always make me smile.
  • Posted on 11 November 12 at 16:06Permalink
    I never heard of an xp ban.
  • LockAndLukeLockAndLuke343,155
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 17:21, Edited on 11 November 12 at 17:22 by LockAndLukePermalink
    XBL Prophet said:
    I never heard of an xp ban.
    Some of my friends got one on Halo 3, made me laugh so much the way he reacted, it was fantastic.
    No matter how bad things get, we'll never stop planting the flowers.
  • SanadaSanada637,527
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 17:45Permalink
    Misfit119 said:
    iheartslampigs said:
    Mystic Typh00n said:
    Why are you boosting this early is the question.

The MP achievements aren't even that difficult.
    If he were only boosting achievements he wouldn't have been banned. Sounds like somebody is trying a bit too hard to reach top rank too early. Just enjoy your game! laugh
    Actually people have been banned for boosting achievements. The automatic system looks for particular activity, not whether you're earning lots of credits or just achievements.
    There's always been a ban for achievements, even still it doesn't come as much of a surprise. There is a particular ban set in place for earning a set number of credits so I'm not sure where you pulled that from. What are people even boosting? Wins? laugh I said people wouldn't get banned, but I shouldn't have assumed they learned anything from the last few entries. What I should have said if you're smart about boosting or rather don't try to do it all in one push you shouldn't be in too much trouble. Not to mention getting kills with guests etc. Got through Halo 3 recently with no problem. Shame to see 343 being as strict as Bungie in the past.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • Mickey BurnsMickey Burns357,654
    Posted on 11 November 12 at 18:30, Edited on 11 November 12 at 18:31 by Mickey BurnsPermalink
    Mobius Evalon said:
    Boosting is a replacement for the hordes of intolerable assholes on multiplayer. Halo is famous for being filled to the brim with hooting dickholes that call you a faggot every 7.5 seconds or so, and I for one vastly prefer a boost to the obnoxious, teabagging, whiny little thirteen year olds that make up 85% of the multiplayer populace on games rated beyond their age.

No to mention in addition that anybody who doesn't play the game religiously will never have a chance against someone who does. Try-hards will always win and it's not entertaining to have your ass handed to you in 20 minute increments.
    I agree ...

During last month's Viral Month, I signed up for a session of GTA IV. Of course the host never showed and someone suggested it should be easy enough to get outside of a boosting session just joining a random multiplayer game.

So that is what I did ... and will never do again. Apparently I never learned my lesson from playing Street Fighter IV online, as the same things happened there, too.

As for GTA IV, I joined a lobby and waited forever for the game to start ... and it never did. Unfortunately I had my headset on (mic muted) ... all the other people were just sitting there trash talking everyone and no one starting the match. It was "bitch" this and "n-word" that and "you fuckin faggot" every other phrase ... and they weren't even playing the game.

I gave up after a while ... and after I had, I checked my live ratings ... those assholes actually left me bad rep saying I trash talked them ... the nerve of these people. I guess if I would have talked to them like a bigotted hood rat with a foul mouth instead of not saying a damn word I would have been their hero.

That is why I either boost/session, couch co-op, or just flat out ignore multiplayer and the attached achievements. It isn't worth the bullshit.
  • Posted on 11 November 12 at 21:47Permalink
    Mickey Burns said:
    Mobius Evalon said:

I agree ...

During last month's Viral Month, I signed up for a session of GTA IV. Of course the host never showed and someone suggested it should be easy enough to get outside of a boosting session just joining a random multiplayer game.

So that is what I did ... and will never do again. Apparently I never learned my lesson from playing Street Fighter IV online, as the same things happened there, too.

As for GTA IV, I joined a lobby and waited forever for the game to start ... and it never did. Unfortunately I had my headset on (mic muted) ... all the other people were just sitting there trash talking everyone and no one starting the match. It was "bitch" this and "n-word" that and "you fuckin faggot" every other phrase ... and they weren't even playing the game.

I gave up after a while ... and after I had, I checked my live ratings ... those assholes actually left me bad rep saying I trash talked them ... the nerve of these people. I guess if I would have talked to them like a bigotted hood rat with a foul mouth instead of not saying a damn word I would have been their hero.

That is why I either boost/session, couch co-op, or just flat out ignore multiplayer and the attached achievements. It isn't worth the bullshit.
    I Agree with Mickey Burns & Mobius Evalon 1 Trillion Billion%!!!

It's not often that you get Randoms in a Game that are not little "Xbox Gangsters" trying to act all hard Trash talking saying things like "F@#$ you you punk A@# B$@*#", N word this & N word that, Gay Bashing & just trying to be as Ignorant as possible because they are trying to make up for the fact that they have a Twig between there legs & are Losers in real life so they will say & do whatever they have to in order to have there Ego's Stroked even if that means being a Foul mouthed, Ignorant Douchbag.

It is very Rare to come across people like that on TA, VERY, VERY RARE, & thats what I Love about TA, whether its Boosting, just for Fun or CO-OP Sessions we are a Community of Gamers getting together because we Love to Game for the FUN OF IT. we can get together with other like minded Gamers & Help eachother get cheevs that we may never be able to get otherwise, Multiplayer is Dead, Servers are about to be shut down, Randoms Dropping out before the Mission is over, the Telephone Tough "Boys" a.k.a. "Xbox Gangsters", having to listen to the Foul Mouthed little 11 tween year olds not to mention there ear piercing voices, the Eeeennndless Trash Talking, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC the list can go on foreverfacepalm

oh & a MAJOR Reason I Love TA's Gaming Sessions other then the Great Gamers you make Friends with through them, you can get a Lobby filled up with your Friends & play Shooters Online & NOT have to Deal with CHEATERS using Modified Controllers, the WORST thing to Happen to Shooters, EVER.

Anyways
    Love, Peace & ChickenGrease !

~Killer~
    Why is the Rum gone?
  • Posted on 11 November 12 at 23:37Permalink
    Erickson187 said:
    I was trying to help a friend get the 117 win challenge and also was working on some of the weapons which someone with my skill set is normally unable to get since I am not one who plays online as much as most.
    Just wondering, to what end? You work on the challenges, and unlock them, great. Then what?

You have nothing else to earn, and nowhere to go from there.
    www.twitter.com/Mike_Langlois
  • Posted on 12 November 12 at 05:11Permalink
    Seriously tired of people saying "play legit" on a boosting site.
    BY FYRE BE PURGE
  • drabikdrabik334,132
    Posted on 12 November 12 at 08:07Permalink
    This isn't a boosting site. This is a statistics site that has boosting sessions as one of the many site features.

Maybe because I love the game, but I cannot fathom why someone would boost a game this early. The achievements aren't difficult, and the community isn't dead. Each to their own...
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • misfit119misfit119876,781
    Posted on 12 November 12 at 12:43Permalink
    drabik said:
    This isn't a boosting site. This is a statistics site that has boosting sessions as one of the many site features.
    Which would, in many ways, make this a boosting site. After all, if you have it as a feature you're going to attract a community of boosters. Just like this is a site for leaderboard e-peen contests and solutions. While TA may have started as a statistics site I'd almost say that the calculations and such have almost become a small part of the site at this point.

Each to their own...
    Exactly. I don't get why so many people have to decry how others choose to play a game regardless of how they would play it. So many threads full of people who complain about people playing games "wrong" that this place can feel like GameFAQs at times.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • lightsup55lightsup55222,917
    Posted on 22 January 19 at 17:07Permalink
    Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but...

6 years later and the vast majority of playlists in War Games are dead, except for Big Team Games (averages about 100 players per day). Any other playlist averages about 0-1 players per day (outside of boosters).

If you need a specific map or game type from any of the low player count playlists (especially when going for a specific multiplayer achievement), you may need to find a boosting session or create your own boosting session.

All of Halo 4's DLC is now free (along will all other Halo titles on Xbox 360).
    Remaining Halo Games to Join Xbox One Backwards Compatibility With All DLC Free

Halo 4 DLC
    - Halo 4 War Games Map Pass (additional files downloaded with an in-game prompt)
    - Halo 4 Spartan Ops Season 1: Episodes 6-10
    - Halo 4 Forge Island
    - Halo 4 Champions Bundle

In addition to that, Halo 4 and all other Halo titles on Xbox 360 are now backward compatible on Xbox One (since September 2017).*
    Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo 3: ODST and Halo CE Anniversary Are Now Backward Compatible

* Halo: Reach has been backward compatible since December 2015.
    16 More Backwards Compatible Titles Revealed
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.