Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Must Have Games for Windows Phone Dated and Priced

• COTTERS3000COTTERS3000348,311
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 18:53
    But back to the topic, I won't be buying any of them untill they appear on DOTW
  • JFriZz0424JFriZz0424210,614
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 18:55
    BRAN IS HERE said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    How about a windows 7 phone that doesn't cost £200+?
    Don't waste your money get a proper phone. Why anyone would want a windows 7 phone when the iPhone even exists is beyond me. I wouldnt have one even if they were free, not even for achievements lol
    Have you not tried a htc Titan
    Or htc hd7?
    No he hasn't, and he wont because he's a stuck up Apple fan boy.
  • Posted on 26 January 12 at 19:04
    Yeah! New games every week! Can't wait!

Oh, and fuck iPhone. Achievements ftw hands down.
    TA Helper/Pro Account | 360Voice Community Expert | RK1Gaming.ORG
  • Matthias42Matthias42226,758
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 19:06
    JFriZz0424 said:
    BRAN IS HERE said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Don't waste your money get a proper phone. Why anyone would want a windows 7 phone when the iPhone even exists is beyond me. I wouldnt have one even if they were free, not even for achievements lol
    Have you not tried a htc Titan
    Or htc hd7?
    No he hasn't, and he wont because he's a stuck up Apple fan boy.
    Honestly, having used a lot of smart phones, I feel smart phones all essential handle the same, it really comes down to how you get your apps, Droid has the most free ones, which is attractive, and in the long run my choice comes down to which phone I can hold better and feel more comfortable, I have a Samsung Epic, nothing stellar but it has a more rounded feel, and keypad for when it's too cold to touchpad it.
  • Amazing AZAmazing AZ685,884
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 19:24
    No date yet for Sonic 4 Episode 2.
    Thee Am4z1n9 1 - I Am4z1n9 AZ I
  • rocky1bombrocky1bomb451,316
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 19:54
    might pick need for speed up me thinks...
  • Posted on 26 January 12 at 20:01, Edited on 26 January 12 at 20:31 by GammyGreenGiant
    NawtyCawty said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Please just don't even bother reading the WP threads if your coming in with that attitude. If your happy with a company that felt it was right to charge £400+ for phones without bluetooth or video capture your the idiot my friend. Yes their hardware may be superior, but for what? to pretend drinking a virtual pint? to spend stupid amounts of money on millions of crap apps?

Not to mention Ishite is MS's direct market rival and you putting money in their pocket could potentially harm future MS consoles

I'm thinking about the Lumia 900 next but not until 4g has been rolled out fully in the UK and only if the reviews of the Lumia 900's say they're still working 6 months later, if not i'm sticking with HTC (currently got HD7).

Ianything is all overpriced, overhyped, market killing crap. wave

OT-
    The UK prices will be-

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit - £3.99
    BulletAsylum - £2.29
    Chickens Can't Fly - £2.29
    Splinter Cell Conviction - £3.99
    Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp - £2.29

Which is lower than I was expecting tbh, and because of that I might just end up buying them all day one. Maybe not NFS, I've not really enjoyed racers since the N64. Can't wait for chickens Can't fly!!
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • gatorsurfergatorsurfer129,546
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 20:14
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Mine cost $75 and it runs the games fine at maybe 30 fps
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator200,065
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 20:42
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    I recently got both "Xbox 360 Slim" and a "LG Optimus WP7.5" phone for free when i subscribed for 1 year at NetCom.

Looks like they are bundling WP phones + Xbox 360 nowadays to get even more of both out in the market. Smart trick by Microdsoft.
  • Chris8875Chris8875629,851
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 21:05
    Chickens Cant Fly is about the only must get on that list, especially after on of the game developers visited a recent TA thread and confirmed/assured us all there would be no glitched achievements (and welcomed feedback).

I'll definitely support that type of attitude.
  • ADaughenADaughen393,519
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 21:13
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    I got my HTC Trophy for $49.99 with contract. dance
  • Posted on 26 January 12 at 21:23, Edited on 26 January 12 at 21:24 by The Viral Cyrix
    Ah man the Icon got me thinking GTA3
    Also Got My Omnia 7 (samsung) free on £20pm contract
  • BudgieK88BudgieK88676,862
    Posted on 26 January 12 at 22:01
    maiden of haste said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    Please just don't even bother reading the WP threads if your coming in with that attitude. If your happy with a company that felt it was right to charge £400+ for phones without bluetooth or video capture your the idiot my friend. Yes their hardware may be superior, but for what? to pretend drinking a virtual pint? to spend stupid amounts of money on millions of crap apps?

Not to mention Ishite is MS's direct market rival and you putting money in their pocket could potentially harm future MS consoles

I'm thinking about the Lumia 900 next but not until 4g has been rolled out fully in the UK and only if the reviews of the Lumia 900's say they're still working 6 months later, if not i'm sticking with HTC (currently got HD7).

OT-
    The UK prices will be-

BulletAsylum - £2.29

Which is lower than I was expecting tbh, and because of that I might just end up buying them all day one. Maybe not NFS, I've not really enjoyed racers since the N64. Can't wait for chickens Can't fly!!
    I totally have to agree with this post!! I picked up my HTC Titan last weekend for free on an 18 month contract giving me unlimited texts and unlimited Data for less than £40 a month, hardly extortionate. I may be a self confessed HTC 'fanboy', but even so I dont feel the need to troll on any Iphone article I happen to come across.

On the games side of things I will probably pick up Chickens Cant't Fly and Toy Soldiers from this bunch.
  • Posted on 26 January 12 at 23:42, Edited on 26 January 12 at 23:46 by GammyGreenGiant
    BudgieK88 said:
    maiden of haste said:
    NawtyCawty said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:

OT-
    The UK prices will be-

BulletAsylum - £2.29

I totally have to agree with this post!! I picked up my HTC Titan last weekend for free on an 18 month contract giving me unlimited texts and unlimited Data for less than £40 a month, hardly extortionate. I may be a self confessed HTC 'fanboy', but even so I dont feel the need to troll on any Iphone article I happen to come across.

On the games side of things I will probably pick up Chickens Cant't Fly and Toy Soldiers from this bunch.
    I got my debranded HD7 off ebay from a techno-phoebe that had used it for a week and couldn't embrace change. I paid £220. This was last August. Currently got 10 months left on my contract which is £30 a month, I'm still paying for the N8 that broke angry but in october I'll be paying less than £15 a month. They seem sturdy and certainly last longer than Nokia's. My adivce is go bargain hunting and pay upfront for your phone, if you can. You will save money over time if you look after it. I've got a screen protector and a hard case for it and it's still mint condition! Hopefully I'll still get a good price for it by the time I sell it a few months before 4g rolls across the UK.
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • SPECTREONSPECTREON620,710
    Posted on 27 January 12 at 00:23
    COTTERS3000 said:
    But back to the topic, I won't be buying any of them untill they appear on DOTW
    I find a little humor in this... Most of the titles are $2.99 which means they are only a $1 cheaper when they eventually go on sale... Heck even $4.99 titles are only $2 cheaper. For the sale you eventually save $7 if you buy all 5... but that could be next year or later. I may be buying some of these day 1, but with recent rash of glitched achievements on WP7 its hard to commit to buying any of them right off the bat.

Also have an HTC HD7 that I got for free on contract, then got an Android and am considering an iPhone to replace my Android which I'm giving to my wife since she broke hers. All 3 have there advantages and disadvantages. Personally if it wasnt for Xbox Live, achievements and Zune I woulda never bothered with it. Its getting there but its so far behind the other 2 its not worth it. Does have the best interface imo tho.
  • Archer RivalArcher Rival409,536
    Posted on 27 January 12 at 01:00
    NawtyCawty said:

Why anyone who has no intention of getting a Windows Phone was interested in upcoming titles for such is beyond me. If I saw a headline that said "New Spring Fashions for the Active Woman", I wouldn't stop to read the info. Why? Because I'm not a woman (nor do I plan to be in the future).

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning a Windows Phone for almost a year now. I had a Droid before that, and liked it as well. They're both nice phones with completely different operating systems. Still, given the gaming advantage of the WP, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Ultimately, all phones serve their main purposes. They place calls, text message, share photos, and allow you to surf the web. Beyond that, what else are you doing with your Droid or iPhone that you can't do on the WP?
  • AxessAxess170,158
    Posted on 27 January 12 at 20:39
    I'm finally getting an htc trophy (my first smartphone ever) tomorrow and look forward to picking these games up when they launch.
  • WorhammerWorhammer297,014
    Posted on 27 January 12 at 20:58
    Good job feeding the troll, guys facepalm

Anyway, OT: I really want Toy Soldiers. Unfortunately, with the track record WP7 games have for glitched achievements, I can't see myself ever buying a game until I know none of the achievements are glitched.

Chickens Can't Fly sounds cool as well. I'll never pay $5 for a phone game, though. DotW on the others for me.
    Putting the WAR in Worhammer since 1999
  • Posted on 27 January 12 at 21:28
    I'll try the demos for sure. Splinter cell concerns me of it's controls
  • Always SaucyAlways Saucy594,268
    Posted on 28 January 12 at 07:20
    Walter EXE said:
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    You mean they get that expensive in the UK? Got my LG Quantum at 95 usd and I hear the new Nokia Lumia 900 is being released at 99 usd. They get pretty affordable in the US, maybe eBay is more of a choice for you.
    Well Most phones can be brought down in price with a contract, only bad thing is your stuck with a phone bill for 2 years and an addictional $30 a month data plan haha.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.