The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Deal of the Week: September 20th, 2011

• Officer ZeroOfficer Zero1,119,979
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:09
    I think I'll get Ilomilo this time. Don't buy Gyromancer, it's a bad game with hard achievements. There's no reason to pick it up unless you hate yourself.
  • psxfreak101psxfreak101191,104
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:13
    Couldn't go past Bejeweled LIVE (having spent the last few days actually toiling away at Bejeweled 2), and I have to say it is so far well worth the 200msp. A lot faster paced than 2, and even being in the Party Live mode is entertaining even if really doesn't directly affect the way you play. Just fun watching how other people are going at the same time, even if you have absolutely no idea who they are haha.

Also picked up ilomilo (and the DLC that apparently exists) having heard only good things about it. Haven't played it just yet... in fact I haven't seen any gameplay at all. It'll be amusing going into it completely oblivious.
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity127,835
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:15
    Been waiting for my chance to snag portal, though I remember getting migraines while playing the demo...ohwell, guess I'll live through it long enough to complete it.
  • Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:22
    Picked up ilomilo last time it went on sale. And picked up Gyromancer when it first came out. Now if they were to put the DLC for Gyromancer on sale, i'd pick that up and play it again.
  • GjotGjot125,149
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:23
    ilomiloilomiloilomilo!
  • MathGuy42MathGuy42706,972
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:35
    I definitely recommend Portal. I've also been meaning to start Ilomilo. I enjoyed the demo and picked it up last time it was on sale.
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman491,215
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 20:51, Edited on 20 September 11 at 20:53 by HeyMrBassman
    Portal's an excellent game, although I already own it as part of the Orange Box. I also enjoyed Gyromancer, although I appreciate it is a bit grindy for some - I keep meaning to pick up the DLC, but I never seem to have an odd 240 msp with nothing else to spend it on.

Ilomilo was the one thing tempting me for this week, but after playing the demo, I guess it's a bit young for me.

D&D Daggerdale on sale next week - I nearly picked that up when it came out, but the bugs put me off - has it been patched now?
    'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a sure sign of a diseased mind.'
  • Posted on 20 September 11 at 21:11
    I have all of these...but I recommend them all!
    All are pretty good puzzle games. smile
  • Posted on 20 September 11 at 22:05
    Bah, reruns again! Pretty sure all have already been on discount before. Not many new deals nowadays :(
  • Posted on 20 September 11 at 22:18
    too bad I've picked up ilomilo and portal already
  • ukinsproukinspro1,382,841
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 23:08
    Really pleased I own Portal, saved me spending my money on Portal 2 which no doubt is equally shit as the first. Avoid, so many better games out there.
  • Posted on 20 September 11 at 23:08
    dam all ready got all thees
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,079
    Posted on 20 September 11 at 23:16
    ukinspro said:
    Really pleased I own Portal, saved me spending my money on Portal 2 which no doubt is equally shit as the first. Avoid, so many better games out there.
    Wow, as much as I'm fine with you thinking it's bad... I don't think I've ever seen someone that actually thought it was so bad to call it shit lol. Yes I would say even though Portal 2 is a hundred times better than the first, if you didn't like the first you probably won't like the second, you'd probably just hate it less.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,603
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 00:36
    Today is one of the few days that I wish I hadn't already purchased & 100% both Ilomilo & Portal, both 2 of the best games available on Live Arcade. Achievements are quite clever & fun as well!
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge235,322
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 00:45
    I loved Ilomilo, I highly suggest picking it up at the discounted price (As well as the DLC).

As for Portal, I would actually suggest passing on the XBLA version if you can manage to get a copy of the Orange Box (Often used for $15). Not only does it have the goodness of Portal, but the amazingness of Half Life 2, and a halfway decent version of Team Fortress 2.
  • Posted on 21 September 11 at 01:31
    yaaaawn these are all 100% RERUNS.

check this list if you dont believe:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283304

Scroll down a bit and u can open 2011 and 2010 sales and se all previous sales.

And gyromancer even went for 400 points during extreme shopping week earlier!

So microsoft plz stop putting reruns on us i have all games allready from previous deals :(
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS587,061
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 02:06, Edited on 21 September 11 at 02:53 by StarshadeFPS
    Gyromancer only one I don't have. Guess I'll save my $. Ill check out the trial again maybe.
    New x12 Headset Ordered.
  • Posted on 21 September 11 at 02:24
    IREPMINNEAPOLIS said:
    You NEED to buy Portal if you haven't already!!!
    Does Orange Box count? smile
  • Posted on 21 September 11 at 02:28
    Berra111 said:
    yaaaawn these are all 100% RERUNS.

check this list if you dont believe:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283304

Scroll down a bit and u can open 2011 and 2010 sales and se all previous sales.

And gyromancer even went for 400 points during extreme shopping week earlier!

So microsoft plz stop putting reruns on us i have all games allready from previous deals :(
    You know people miss deals for various reasons. So even though you may have bought them during a sale maybe someone else wants it and had missed it the last time it was on sale or maybe they didn't have gold. You know that the world is Berra111-centric!
  • Posted on 21 September 11 at 04:31
    ilomilo was a fun little game, love the musical achievement pop smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.