The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Deal of the Week: September 20th, 2011

• x InSoMniA ox InSoMniA o456,586
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 06:28
    Good DoTW for those of you who haven't picked these games up. I personally have them all already except for Gyromancer and I would definately recommend all of them!
  • J PinderJ Pinder690,672
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 07:11
    ilomilo is such an amazingly cute mind-bender. Awesome game. Portal's great, too. I recommend both heartily.

... Where are the fresh game sales?
  • takuto nekotakuto neko183,508
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 09:19
    ilomilo is a must i think if you've not picked it up...I did last time round.
  • jensy0008jensy000894,007
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 11:15
    nothing for me n ow
  • CamTheeGamerCamTheeGamer1,556,004
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 15:38
    Sol Corona said:
    I don't like ilomilo (think I'm the only one...) but pick up Portal if you haven't already, top quality!
    I bought ilomilo on my phone and I didn't really like it either, so no your not the only one smile
  • CornerscoutCornerscout596,622
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 16:16
    Gonna get all of these. Looking forward to beating Portal again after The Orange Box.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 September 11 at 17:55
    ilomilo and Portal are both great games.
    The removal of the eyes, gives my heart a sudden chill.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN389,721
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 22:33
    Too bad there's no DLC for ilomilo included on the DOTW. By the way any "secret" game on sale? I missed Stacked when it was on 600mp

If someone gets Bejeweled Blits and wants to play dial my gamertag.
    before EA shuts the servers for this game laugh
  • Steve RedmanSteve Redman1,486,893
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 22:39
    Why is it that the DLC never goes on sale with the game? That's what I don't get I want to get ilomilo but with the DLC costing $4 more just for 50 GS I guess I am going to pass sick of starting new games that I can't finsh cause they have overpriced DLC
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 September 11 at 22:45
    Steve Redman said:
    Why is it that the DLC never goes on sale with the game? That's what I don't get I want to get ilomilo but with the DLC costing $4 more just for 50 GS I guess I am going to pass sick of starting new games that I can't finsh cause they have overpriced DLC
    As much as we love achievements. Games aren't made with achievements as a primary objective or selling point. The sooner gamers realize this, the sooner we can all just chill. But damn do I love me some achievements...

This kind of reaction is why I almost wish achievements weren't even thought of. (My lights flickered as I typed that.)
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper992,778
    Posted on 21 September 11 at 23:15
    Steve Redman said:
    $4 for just 50 GS?? Forget the fact that it's a well priced piece of content for a great game, there's no point in buying anything unless I get enough gamerscore out of it!

facepalm
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 September 11 at 23:28
    RadiantViper said:
    Steve Redman said:
    $4 for just 50 GS?? Forget the fact that it's a well priced piece of content for a great game, there's no point in buying anything unless I get enough gamerscore out of it!

facepalm
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one that finds that to be goofy. smile
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven533,440
    Posted on 22 September 11 at 00:29
    Funny thing is about DLC ... if anybody smokes ... it's just a pack of cigarettes. Still too expensive?
  • Im the LoraxIm the Lorax305,918
    Posted on 22 September 11 at 11:54
    too bad when you click on a game on deal of the week it just takes you to a generic page, nothing about the game, screen shots, vids, achievements, nothing. i might be more enticed to actually purchase a game if i knew more about it..
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 September 11 at 12:40
    Im the Lorax said:
    too bad when you click on a game on deal of the week it just takes you to a generic page, nothing about the game, screen shots, vids, achievements, nothing. i might be more enticed to actually purchase a game if i knew more about it..
    You know, you can always just kind of...look the game up?
  • punkyliarpunkyliar226,477
    Posted on 22 September 11 at 13:38
    Im the Lorax said:
    I'd lend more credence to this if it was true. However, the game name takes you to the achievement page, so that's achievements out of the way. In the boxes on the right hand side of that page are screenshots and reviews. There's also a box on the same side with the most recent news about the game - granted there may or may not be videos there, but of the four games in this week's list, one certainly has an article with a video.

If that isn't enough, clicking on the price takes you to the Microsoft page for the game. When the site works properly (which it isn't at the moment), there are also screenshots there, complete with a brief overview of the game, although admittedly this is next to useless sometimes. Some games also give you the option to download free videos to your console. And, of course, there's always the option to try the free demo that comes with every XBLA game.

I'm sorry, but we're not going to clutter up a basic bulletin with old assets, especially when we provide you with the links to them anyway.
  • Posted on 22 September 11 at 15:22, Edited on 22 September 11 at 15:23 by DrSchlepenstein
    RadiantViper said:
    Steve Redman said:

facepalm
    Actually, the ilomilo DLC is 240 MS Points, so its only $3 not $4. And I didn't really see the ilomilo DLC as overpriced. Yes its only an extra 50 GS, but it added another 25 levels to play to the game. The game itself has 49 levels and was 800 MS Points when it first came out. So I get another 1/2 of a game for a 240 MS points, less then 1/3 the price of the actual game. And the fact that its on sale (again), that's even cheaper.

Besides, if you want ridiculous DLC prices, then look no further then EA games. The Dark Forest DLC for Dante's Inferno is 400 MS Points ($5) and it only adds 40 GS (2 achievements) and if you follow a guide, you can beat it in 5-6 minutes. Now that is a rip off. And the Army of Two DLC was rip off as well, especially now that the servers are closed for the game.
  • Demo MCNDemo MCN236,466
    Posted on 22 September 11 at 19:51
    Bought Portal: SA soon as i saw what's in Deal of the Week this week.

Might buy ilomilo or Bejeweled too :|
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.