Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

F.E.A.R. 3 Vignette Showcases Multiplayer Mode

• punkyliarpunkyliar308,152
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 17:44
    F**king Run! in motion

In April, we posted details of the four multiplayer modes that will be shipping with F.E.A.R. 3 when the game releases next month. One of these modes will be F**king Run! and now Warner Bros has released a vignette solely showcasing the mode in action.

One of the most intense experiences in F.E.A.R. 3 is F**king Run! As part of a F.E.A.R. squad, you must work with your team mates to battle through Alma's minions and Armacham forces to reach the extraction point. The most ruthless adversary, however, is the Wall of Death. Unlike enemies, nothing can stop it. The squad must work together to stay ahead and defeat the Armacham troops that stand between them and safety. If the Wall of Death consumes any team member it's game over for everyone. Co-operative play is critical, it's no man left behind. The only way to make it out alive is stay ahead of the Wall of Death and f**king run.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHKRdAcxUd8

After being delayed again, F.E.A.R. 3 is now due to be released on June 21st in North America, June 22nd in Australia, and June 24th in Europe.

Credit goes to ACrazyBlender for this story
  • ACBlenderACBlender43,787
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 17:45
    I have never been a fan of F.E.A.R , but this game mode looks really fun.
    That French Canadian guy.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 May 11 at 17:48
    That's awesome, I might just have to get this game.
    If they say "Ha! I killed you, you suck" they really said "Ha! You suck because even I can kill you"
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 18:00
    I like the fear series multiplayer they're pretty fun. The achievements aren't as fun unfortunately
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 18:13
    blkalleykat said:
    I like the fear series multiplayer they're pretty fun. The achievements aren't as fun unfortunately
    What they said. I still have 120+ hours to put into F.E.A.R. 2 multiplayer.
  • UndervirpUndervirp329,526
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 18:34
    I didn't care for this game until this video. I want an award that says "I faced the wall of death and survived" when I beat it.
    Add me on live.
  • DresdenDilDresdenDil481,106
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 18:37, Edited on 14 May 11 at 18:37 by DresdenDil
    Not impressed with the gameplay and the mechanic on show could be very annoying
    Wakarimasu ka?
  • SanadaSanada740,289
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 19:04
    This seems like a really cool idea however once you do manage to find ways to consistently complete this it's going to get boring fast...especially with the people who discover glitches as quick as they do. Either way like I said it's a pretty cool idea and will be fun for a little while. Surprised they are more in to advertising this than the campaign...
    You seem a little furious...
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 19:14
    Loved the first FEAR. The second one was meh. It just was not as scary and the AI was terrible. I hope 3 is better.
  • Catatonic NaliCatatonic Nali1,312,378
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 19:42
    Atomic TreeDude said:
    Loved the first FEAR. The second one was meh. It just was not as scary and the AI was terrible. I hope 3 is better.
    Don't get your hopes up. Chances are it'll be more like FEAR 2 than the original.

Also does anyone else think it's kinda stupid using a name that they will have to censor every time they do any sort of promotion or media coverage talking about it?
  • Awesom3 JCAwesom3 JC271,186
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 20:00
    This game looks good
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 20:40
    I really dislike the FEAR series. It is immensely dull and generic - however, this game mode does look decent. I hope future games borrow (ie, steal) this mechanic!
  • IvanTortugaIvanTortuga228,651
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 21:36
    That looks amazing the whole wall of death concept is something very interesting.
  • PryaPrya891,048
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 21:43
    The game's an 18 so why don't they say fucking run instead of f**king run?
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 21:49
    Looking good! Can't wait to grab this.
    Reborn Insanity - "The last thing you never see."
  • KirklessKirkless1,369,568
    Posted on 14 May 11 at 21:51
    So basically we get Left4Dead3 but they are calling it a FEAR3 mulitplayer mode.
    Light is always relevant.
  • Posted on 14 May 11 at 23:13
    That's a pretty inventive little game mode.
    Definitely going to encourage more teamwork then most FPS's do.
  • EMOesqueEMOesque312,143
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 00:58
    Looks like it could be fun for a bit...maybe a rental, not a purchase imo
    Walk away me boy, walk away me boy...by mornin' we'll be free! Shed a golden tear for your mother, dear, and save what's left of the flag for me!
  • Posted on 15 May 11 at 03:16
    Man I can already invision some tool running str8 into the wall just to piss everyone off.
  • Posted on 15 May 11 at 04:37, Edited on 15 May 11 at 05:14 by R353ARCHD35TROY
    PunkyLiar said:
    In April, we posted details of the four multiplayer modes
    ...this is where I lost interest...

Single player will likely be a blast, but god help them with the multiplayer.

Wall of Death looks cool, but F***ing Run seems a bit over the top.

Like if Grand Theft Auto had a trailer titled "Shoot Cops!"

Not very tasteful.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads