Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

F.E.A.R. 3 Vignette Showcases Multiplayer Mode

• BeachemBeachem657,311
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 05:28
    Hope the achievements are a little easier in this one than the other F.E.A.R. games.
  • ID357ID357469,054
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 06:03
    Richters Shadow said:
    I really dislike the FEAR series. It is immensely dull and generic - however, this game mode does look decent. I hope future games borrow (ie, steal) this mechanic!
    ...says the guy with halo 3, ODST, and reach completed. Sorry bro but it doesn't get much more generic than the halo series!
  • HuGh1212HuGh121235,245
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 15:25
    Love the idea alright, however would have been fun to watch other team mates suffer with the loss of a player. I don't know if it should be game over if just one gets consumed?
    Hughby-Dooby-Doo
  • SanadaSanada740,271
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 16:35
    ID357 said:
    Richters Shadow said:
    I really dislike the FEAR series. It is immensely dull and generic - however, this game mode does look decent. I hope future games borrow (ie, steal) this mechanic!
    ...says the guy with halo 3, ODST, and reach completed. Sorry bro but it doesn't get much more generic than the halo series!
    This. It seems like everybody is calling everything dull and generic except games that really are i.e Halo , CoD or any first person shooter in existence. Let's face it. Sequels are going to be practically the same as the games before it otherwise you have fans raging at change...(Final fantasy 13) and if you change nothing you are called dull and generic. It's a shame that developers can't possibly make everybody happy. laugh
    You seem a little furious...
  • HWNDarksideHWNDarkside960,171
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 16:49
    A bit of FPS innovation - where do I sign?

I like the idea of having your team forced through a map/level. Should involve decent L4D-levels of panic laugh
    www.hardcorewillneverdie.com
  • Mr DonattiMr Donatti134,537
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 16:52
    I hate timed modes and to put it in multiplayer makes it 10 times worse. Not that it matters, the Fear community will dry up within 2 weeks.
    "Anything is possible!" - Kevin Garnett
  • spletchiespletchie767,939
    Posted on 15 May 11 at 21:40
    Reminds me of the survivors trying to outrace the wave of volcanic ash in Dante's Peak (which I'll admit I loved in all of it's disaster-movie goodness)
  • SanadaSanada740,271
    Posted on 16 May 11 at 03:08
    Mr Donatti said:
    I hate timed modes and to put it in multiplayer makes it 10 times worse. Not that it matters, the Fear community will dry up within 2 weeks.
    Just for the sake of asking, what timed modes have you hated? I think that this one isn't too bad as that wall is moving pretty slow...it's just like in the gears 2 campaign when you have to out run the membrane wall or whatever it was which was pretty cool. Something like this would only be fun in multiplayer for me...Though the whole no man left behind if one person is swallowed by the wall everybody loses aspect is kinda dumb. Hopefully this holds fans better than the other two, though the only thing that held most people to F.E.A.R 2 was boosting the rank! laugh
  • Posted on 16 May 11 at 03:09
    c-mon June..lots of great games on their way! Fear 3 looks great let's hope the co-op is good my bf and I cannot wait! smile
  • Posted on 16 May 11 at 03:36
    Alma is returning with a vengeance. God help us all. smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 May 11 at 05:49
    HWNDarkside said:
    I like the idea of having your team forced through a map/level. Should involve decent L4D-levels of panic laugh
    Hopefully not L4D randoms/community levels of idiocy, though.
  • Posted on 16 May 11 at 09:45
    Wall of Death looks awesome. I truly hope the online achievements are far worse then anything from FEAR2 =D!!!
    Angels To Some Devils To Others
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM113,560
    Posted on 16 May 11 at 13:29
    ACrazyBlender said:
    I have never been a fan of F.E.A.R , but this game mode looks really fun.
    My thoughts exactly.
  • CTDMUDRUNNERCTDMUDRUNNER287,756
    Posted on 16 May 11 at 13:45
    HELLRAZORANGEL said:
    Wall of Death looks awesome. I truly hope the online achievements are far worse then anything from FEAR2 =D!!!
    I hope to see a hard completion from this. :-D looking forward to another FEAR completion. This game keeps looking better.
  • Posted on 19 May 11 at 10:39
    F**king run, is what I'm going to do from this game when I see it on the shelf.

Boo-ya.
  • SanadaSanada740,271
    Posted on 20 May 11 at 02:02
    R353ARCHD35TROY said:

Boo-ya.
    You are really clever. How long did it take you to think that one up? I know it's a scary game but come on man...It's a bit embarrassing to run away crying in Wal-Mart / Game stop man. wink
  • British GMBritish GM522,915
    Posted on 31 May 11 at 18:48
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    R353ARCHD35TROY said:

Boo-ya.
    You are really clever. How long did it take you to think that one up? I know it's a scary game but come on man...It's a bit embarrassing to run away crying in Wal-Mart / Game stop man. wink
    +1
    5th Platoon Member
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads