Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden NFL 13 Cover Star Decided [UPDATE]

• Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,377
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 12:46, Edited on 26 April 12 at 12:46 by Das Kuhnen
    Obviously, my Lios are drafting 4 WRs now.. cry

and Phil Simms looks like he has downsyndrome..
    Confucius say: Man piss in wind, wind piss back.
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye222,437
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 13:23
    INTIMIDATOR363 said:
    Looking forward to the news of how kinect will be a part of madden
    Call your own audibles

Blue 42! Blue 42!!!

Green 18! Green 18!!! Hut!
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,076,052
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 13:51
    xiphumbra said:
    FUCK YES! No more Chris Collinsworth babbling on about shit he has no clue about! I didn't think they could make the commentary in 12 and worse than 11 but they sure as hell did. I'm glad that annoyance is GONE! Many times I had to turn off the commentary because he'd end up pissing me off with the dumb shit he'd say. Got to the point I turned it off completely.

Enough about that, though, I'm even happier that they're addressing the passing game in Madden and syncing up the changes between Madden and NCAA. If these changes hadn't been made, I most certainly wouldn't have bothered with this years. 12 was such a disappointment.
    Well have you ever played an EA sports game where you didnt have to turn off the commentary because it was so awful. I know I havnt and i have played most sports titles. Although Grand Slam Tennis 2 is definitely the worst by a loooong way.
  • PolerandPolerand233,072
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 14:15
    Good list of changes (if they work). Still doubt I'll get this one.

Also, I miss QB vision. :(
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 12 at 14:21
    another year of boring, it will be the same Madden every year.
  • Mr RodsterMr Rodster2,655,491
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 14:28
    We lose Cris Collinsworth and gain Phil Simms? I can't imagine who would think that is an upgrade. (Well, maybe Al Davis if he were still alive...)
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 14:29
    At least it's not Jon Gruden... :)
    When life gives you lemons, rinse them for as much gamerscore as possible.
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 14:38
    Cam Newton's a joke laugh Obvious win for Megatron
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 15:16
    ClaytThaGreat said:
    Cam Newton's a joke laugh Obvious win for Megatron
    He won me a fantasy league when Michael Vick didn't do it for me. I'm laughing with him if he's a joke.
    When life gives you lemons, rinse them for as much gamerscore as possible.
  • x athiktos xx athiktos x253,806
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 15:16, Edited on 26 April 12 at 15:23 by x athiktos x
    Megatron is a monster....but im glad he isnt on my fantasy football team right now.

THE CURSE IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! (it might not be because of skill, but he or his QB Stafford will get hurt....SOMETHING! shock)
    I tlain you life!
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra117,543
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 15:43
    Mr Rodster said:
    We lose Cris Collinsworth and gain Phil Simms? I can't imagine who would think that is an upgrade. (Well, maybe Al Davis if he were still alive...)
    Anyone is better than Chris. I can usually tolerate most commentary, but 12 was the first time I ever got pissed to the point of turning it off. I just hope they don't flip flop on players anymore, and actually MIX up the commentary game after game. You know it's bad when they talk about a player who's not even active.
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 16:29, Edited on 26 April 12 at 16:30 by Prof Hooblehof
    MizerisMoney said:
    Patriots and baseball both suck dude. sorry
    Baseball is actually good, you've just been watching the Cubs.
  • Snow BrigadeSnow Brigade190,340
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 17:25
    God this makes me excited for football season!!
    Waiting for a new "Manhunt" to be made for 360
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 12 at 17:28
    enjoy your server closures, bring back Joe Montana Sports Talk Football or Tecmo Super Bowl
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 18:08
    Prof Hooblehof said:
    MizerisMoney said:
    F*uk you. You can take it and stick the Cubs hate up your arse. As a long time suffering Cubs fan, I am proud to say that I have stuck with my team through thick and thin for 33 long years. I don't see many other sports fans that do that, other than these fans from the following teams:

A) Cubs
    B) Yankees
    C) Red Sox
    D) Packers
    E) Cowhores (that football team in Dallas)
    F) Chicago Bears
    G) Lakers
    I) Celtics
    J) Rangers (Hockey)
    K) Devils (Hockey)
    L) Red Wings

Everyone else has fair weather fans. EVERYONE ELSE. Although... I might have missed a few teams, but not many. And since there is 122 total sports teams between MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA that leaves 11 total teams that stick with their teams through thick and thin, leaving a staggering 90% with fair weather fans.
    "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
  • Mr RodsterMr Rodster2,655,491
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 19:01
    xiphumbra said:
    Mr Rodster said:
    Anyone is better than Chris. I can usually tolerate most commentary, but 12 was the first time I ever got pissed to the point of turning it off. I just hope they don't flip flop on players anymore, and actually MIX up the commentary game after game. You know it's bad when they talk about a player who's not even active.
    That's just bad programming. Whether it is Collinsworth or Simms has nothing to do with that.

At least Collinsworth can pronounce words correctly. I would love for a language coach to sit down with Phil Simms and teach him how to say "him" rather than "eem".
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 19:20
    Prof Hooblehof said:
    MizerisMoney said:
    Nice one! LOL

Flyboy80498 said:
    Prof Hooblehof said:
    MizerisMoney said:
    F*uk you. You can take it and stick the Cubs hate up your arse. As a long time suffering Cubs fan, I am proud to say that I have stuck with my team through thick and thin for 33 long years. I don't see many other sports fans that do that, other than these fans from the following teams:

A) Cubs
    B) Yankees
    C) Red Sox
    D) Packers
    F) Chicago Bears
    G) Lakers
    I) Celtics
    J) Rangers (Hockey)
    K) Devils (Hockey)
    L) Red Wings

Everyone else has fair weather fans. EVERYONE ELSE. Although... I might have missed a few teams, but not many. And since there is 122 total sports teams between MLB, NHL, NFL, and NBA that leaves 11 total teams that stick with their teams through thick and thin, leaving a staggering 90% with fair weather fans.
    Oh ok. So I'm a fair weather fan since my teams are from St. Louis. This statement is horrible.
  • Bob101910Bob101910967,490
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 19:46
    Sorry for Johnson. I'm not a fan of him, but I wouldn't wish the Madden Curse on even my greatest enemy
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 22:42
    Flyboy80498 said:
    Prof Hooblehof said:
    MizerisMoney said:

A) Cubs
    B) Yankees
    C) Red Sox
    D) Packers
    F) Chicago Bears
    G) Lakers
    I) Celtics
    J) Rangers (Hockey)
    K) Devils (Hockey)
    L) Red Wings

Living in Massachusetts, I can tell you there are far too many pinkhats for both the Celtics and Red Sox and I'd wager EVERY team has them,
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra117,543
    Posted on 27 April 12 at 01:13
    Mr Rodster said:
    xiphumbra said:
    Mr Rodster said:
    That's just bad programming. Whether it is Collinsworth or Simms has nothing to do with that.

At least Collinsworth can pronounce words correctly. I would love for a language coach to sit down with Phil Simms and teach him how to say "him" rather than "eem".
    I know a lot of those were due to bad programming, but Collinsworth still doesn't know shit about the game. I'm just glad he's gone. I don't care about how they pronouce words just as long as they sound like they what they're talking about.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads