Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Madden NFL 13 Cover Star Decided [UPDATE]

• x TheJoke xx TheJoke x189,851
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 04:18Permalink
    don't be talking shit on baseball
    Those who cannot learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
  • Achilles337Achilles337592,003
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 04:27Permalink
    So glad Cam Newton didnt make the cover! I can't stand that dude!
    Go LSU and SAINTS!!
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra94,642
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 06:39Permalink
    FUCK YES! No more Chris Collinsworth babbling on about shit he has no clue about! I didn't think they could make the commentary in 12 and worse than 11 but they sure as hell did. I'm glad that annoyance is GONE! Many times I had to turn off the commentary because he'd end up pissing me off with the dumb shit he'd say. Got to the point I turned it off completely.

Enough about that, though, I'm even happier that they're addressing the passing game in Madden and syncing up the changes between Madden and NCAA. If these changes hadn't been made, I most certainly wouldn't have bothered with this years. 12 was such a disappointment.
  • EddiestylzEddiestylz371,341
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 06:46, Edited on 26 April 12 at 06:47 by EddiestylzPermalink
    Just another dissapointing 65 dollar title update in my opinion.

I decided to boycott EA for multiple reasons several years ago and for sound reasons. Every year I play a buddies copy and still leave feeling the same thing- just another piss poor rendition of football once you strip down the bells and whistles.

If you want a great football game for gameplay, refer back to 2K5. Jesus, EA when will you get it right?
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13519,306
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 06:46Permalink
    Wot no Dan marino?
    What the brown?
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 07:29Permalink
    J-E-T-S
    Jets!!! Jets!! Jets!!

(we Dont Need Tim Elbow =D )
    I'll Show You How Chug A Beer MuthaFucka =D
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 April 12 at 07:49Permalink
    Looks good, except that Phil Simms looks a little, how you say, fat/short?
    Yup, I am that bored.
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498436,239
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 07:52Permalink
    Well... as a through and through Green Bay Packers fan I have this hard and fast rule: I NEVER anything with a Detroit Lion, Minnesota Viking, or Chicago Bear on it (unless it is making fun of one of them). Since I have that rule, I can't buy Madden this year. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. warning But Johnson can not sit in my home on the cover of Madden. warning
    "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win"
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra94,642
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 08:15Permalink
    Flyboy80498 said:
    Well... as a through and through Green Bay Packers fan I have this hard and fast rule: I NEVER anything with a Detroit Lion, Minnesota Viking, or Chicago Bear on it (unless it is making fun of one of them). Since I have that rule, I can't buy Madden this year. Too bad. I was looking forward to it. warning But Johnson can not sit in my home on the cover of Madden. warning
    Packer fan here as well. I just see it as Megatron and his team getting their taste of the Madden curse. lol I sure do love putting it on Rookie and just beating the shit out of teams *cough*giants*cough* that put the Packers out of the playoffs.
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 08:21Permalink
    Flyboy80498 said:
    There might be a Hall of Fame edition like there was last year, and it could have a different player on the cover.
    How much for the whole kitten kaboodle?
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13519,306
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 08:22Permalink
    Eddiestylz said:
    Just another dissapointing 65 dollar title update in my opinion.

I decided to boycott EA for multiple reasons several years ago and for sound reasons. Every year I play a buddies copy and still leave feeling the same thing- just another piss poor rendition of football once you strip down the bells and whistles.

If you want a great football game for gameplay, refer back to 2K5. Jesus, EA when will you get it right?
    they'll never get it right. It's all about the benajamins.
    What the brown?
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 10:45Permalink
    Shame that Rob Gronkowski didn't get cover athlete as he really wanted it and is funny as hell.
    When life gives you lemons, rinse them for as much gamerscore as possible.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,035,865
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 11:21Permalink
    I went to school with him!
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 11:21Permalink
    Some nice updates, but I have to say I absolutely hate listening to Phil Simms call games, to add I find CBS production so annoying there people are so bad... lol
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 11:26Permalink
    NPB, what are you a New Jersey Jets fan?
    Timmy!
  • Barad 007Barad 007779,030
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 11:53Permalink
    Baseball FTW..
    Battlefield 3 Gamer !
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney443,261
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 12:39Permalink
    Ev3rything I Am said:
    I can now say I don't like this author. I am a fan of the Patriots and Baseball. Anyway I really like the changes. The commentators are great and I wasn't expecting the Nike changes to go through since there wasn't any evidence in the Screenshots. Many more animations and gameplay changes should make this the best Madden yet. I'm looking forward to the game and the season.
    Patriots and baseball both suck dude. sorry
    MizerisMoney
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney443,261
    Posted on 26 April 12 at 12:41Permalink
    BlazNTRIcoMES said:
    J-E-T-S
    Jets!!! Jets!! Jets!!

(we Dont Need Tim Elbow =D )
    J-E-T-S spells S-U-C-K
    MizerisMoney
  • Posted on 26 April 12 at 12:43Permalink
    I like all these improvements. Especially the commentary (as long as they don't add the CBS pregame with Shannon Sharpe) and the play action. Play action was worthless if somebody blitzed a LB and it only worked every great once in a while. Glad to see them put some focus on that. Now I just hope they improve the online franchise. Last years was fun but it was just a dumb down version of the offline one. Pretty excited for this game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.