Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PSA - Marvel: UA 1 & 2 DLC Removed on Dec 31st

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,607
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:29
    This time, it's for good!

This is a public service announcement to remind you that the DLC for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360) is being taken off the Games Marketplace on December 31st, 2010, as explained in our original post at the start of this month.

The "Character & Sim Mission Pack" was only going to be available for a limited amount of time due to the expiration of the license agreement with Marvel. The content was originally removed on December 31st, 2009 after a short time on the Marketplace, but after a huge outcry from gamers over its disappearance, the content was reinstated in July 2010. This time though, the removal of the content will be permanent.

The "Character & Sim Mission Pack" is available here for 800 MSP. There are eight achievements worth a total of 250g associated with this DLC. Be aware that if you wish to continue playing with gamers who have bought the DLC but do not wish to buy it yourself, you will have to download the free "Character & Sim Mission Pack Teaser" from here in order to do so.

Activision's Dam Amrich also hinted in his blog that the "Juggernaut Playable Character" DLC may also be removed after December 31st. This character is available here for 160 MSP. Similarly to the previously mentioned DLC, if you wish to continue playing with gamers who have bought the character but do not wish to buy it yourself, you will have to download the free "Juggernaut Playable Character Teaser" from here in order to do so.

In an additional gift to gamers, the DLC for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360) has also returned until the end of the month. It makes much more sense to grab both the "Playable Hero Pack" and "Playable Villain Pack" from the Marketplace while you can, rather than trying in vain to locate the game's Gold Edition. The hero pack carries five achievements worth 100g, whilst the villain pack carries seven achievements worth 150g.

The hero pack is available from here, and the villain pack from here, priced individually at 480 MSP. Alternatively, you can buy the two packs in a bundle for 800 MSP. Do you want to continue playing with gamers who have bought the character packs but do not wish to buy them yourself? Then download the free "Playable Character Teaser Pack" from here in order to do so.

I know that many people are reaching a points crisis, what with all of the "Countdown to 2011" deals on XBL, but you can't say that we didn't warn you.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:35
    well hey atleast the are giving us fair warning!
  • Dokter VDokter V595,992
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:37
    just completed it, it was fun, but too expensive
  • Darth TromDarth Trom706,885
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:37
    Thanks for the heads up. I was one of the many that felt doomed to never have a chance to complete the game after the first it was removed. I was very thankful and bought the content immediately the second time it came available. The first time, there was virtually no known warning to the gaming community that this was going to happen. They have acted a bit more professionally in this the second time around. Thank you MUA2 for allowing us a second chance! :)
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:49
    Thanks for the warning, I've picked both of these packs up now.
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:50
    Even if you don't own the game, you may decide to pick it up sometime later on down the line. Don't miss your chance now and regret it in the future!
  • TerumiVTTerumiVT584,665
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 17:59
    Its really is tempting but 800 points is a bit...meh and i dont know if i would ever get this its hard to decide 0_0
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:00
    Why would they do that though?
  • DUBZiLLA387DUBZiLLA387228,185
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:00
    Gonna pick the MUA1 stuff at least, still debating on the the second one...
  • JayourJayour1,242,627
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:06, Edited on 29 December 10 at 18:06 by Jayour
    The M:UA "Playable Villains" pack is worth 150G, not 100G.
  • Reina WattReina Watt683,129
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:09
    The dumb thing about this is that the gold edition of the first MUA game wasn't released in the UK, it's a US only edition, the UK never received an edition with the DLC. The same will likely be true for MUA2 soon, US only, no special edition for anyone outside of the US.

Removing the DLC is frankly a stupid idea.
    I play video games, therefore I am
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:15
    Schweet! I knew there was a reason I felt compelled to come to TA today while I was at work. I had no idea that the DLC had returned to the Marketplace. 'Scuse me while I jump over and buy all of it!
  • BrodieIsGodBrodieIsGod183,684
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:15
    I picked up MUA2 DLC the minute I saw it back on the marketplace. Even though I had no money...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:23
    they are taking it down due to license issues with Marvel... gotta serve the all mighty dollar god. I mean why should they care if they screw their adoring public... Mister CEO has to have the new IPAD delux 3 that not only compliments your tie... but wipes your ass.
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:23
    Jayour said:
    The M:UA "Playable Villains" pack is worth 150G, not 100G.
    Changed
  • prokopprokop263,783
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:49
    ok i got a question, sorry if its up there but i dont fully understand.

for ultimate alliance 2, lets say i play with my friend ryan and he has it and i have the teaser. i get to play with whoever i want right? do i also get achievements?
    C.C. Prokop
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:54, Edited on 29 December 10 at 18:55 by punkyliar
    Prokop said:
    ok i got a question, sorry if its up there but i dont fully understand.

for ultimate alliance 2, lets say i play with my friend ryan and he has it and i have the teaser. i get to play with whoever i want right? do i also get achievements?
    If you have the teaser, then yes you get to play with whoever you like. However, you don't get the DLC achievements unless you buy the full pack.
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 18:56, Edited on 29 December 10 at 18:57 by punkyliar
    PrismSub7 said:
    Wasn't outrun for xbla also to be deleted on the 31st?
    Not this year; it's being removed in December 2011.

OutRun To Retire From XBLA
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 19:10, Edited on 29 December 10 at 19:11 by Sticky Stalwart
    rather than trying in vain to locate the game's Gold Edition.

What do you mean? I was able to locate the Gold Edition quite easily when I purchased the game on eBay a couple years back. Goozex surely has it, doesn't it? If not thin those places, Half.com or Amazon.com is probably a good bet.

EDIT: Yes, I am right - it is at Goozex:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/searchresult.asp?fic=G
    Thirsty for more!
  • oR33DooR33Do168,688
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 19:18
    Nice on putting the first back up. I just bought it as I have had the $7.99 MUA ? Forza 2 combo on my Mantle.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads