Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PSA - Marvel: UA 1 & 2 DLC Removed on Dec 31st

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 December 10 at 19:19Permalink
    I got it from Honk Hong on eBay for £26 about 3 years back. Wish I never sold it as it's Region Free :( Well I brought all DLC anyway.
  • SanadaSanada662,256
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 19:53Permalink
    Still though sucksfor anyone who can't get out and buy the points in the next couple days.
  • izret102izret1021,320,149
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 20:00Permalink
    I'll hold out for a gold edition copy of M:UA.
    I hate paying for DLC only to find out there was a retail option.

I did pick up M:UA2 DLC earlier this month though.
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry322,332
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 20:10, Edited on 29 December 10 at 20:11 by Tasty PastryPermalink
    I'll buy this if I have to, but is the gold edition truly that hard to find? What's the price tag on it? I'm finding it hard to justify buying the DLC for a game I didn't truly love, especially at $10, but someday I might care about completion percentage maybe...(Talking about MUA1)
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
  • JaggexedgeJaggexedge227,526
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 20:18Permalink
    I made sure to pick up the Marvel: UA2 DLC at the begining of the month. Sure, I may not have the game now (And probably won't for a while) but I would be ever so pissed if I missed out on the awesome characters that came with. It's also good that I don't need to buy the Juggernaut either (Since I aquired all my friends licenses and it way already downloaded).

As for Marvel: UA 1, I also got the packs a while ago when obtaining my friend's licenses. So I'm set when they unfortunatly take this down.
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 20:27Permalink
    If they're removing them from the marketplace why not making them free these last few days? I mean what's the point?!
  • BemusedBoxBemusedBox1,656,876
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 20:54Permalink
    for the achievements in mu2 do i need Juggernaut aswell got the dlc and the gold edition of 1 just want to make sure.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,809,921
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 21:12Permalink
    Reina Watt said:
    Removing the DLC is frankly a stupid idea.
    Agreed, but it's a licensing issue. It's cool that they put the deleted stuff back up at all.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar191,421
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 21:15, Edited on 29 December 10 at 21:16 by punkyliarPermalink
    BemusedBox said:
    for the achievements in mu2 do i need Juggernaut aswell got the dlc and the gold edition of 1 just want to make sure.
    No, you don't need Juggernaut. However, I'd recommend downloading the Juggernaut teaser if you're planning on playing with random people online.
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 22:05Permalink
    I just downloaded the stuff for MUA2 the other day and played through the game again (this time I chose Iron Man's side). I'm glad they brought it back for a little while, as I missed downloading it the first time!
  • Crispy385Crispy385115,979
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 22:10Permalink
    For what it's worth, the gold edition typically runs for 35 to 40 bucks, while you can get the standard for about 7 plus dropping ten on the bundle. Definitely a better deal.
  • xoURMOMxoxoURMOMxo138,640
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 22:11Permalink
    Awesome, just got the MUA gold edition the other day. That thin was uber hard to come by. Had to drive an hour out of the way to get it too. Glad I did, I had no idea theyre dropping the DLC. I didnt even know that they had dropped it before.
    Enchantment? Enchantment!
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA324,724
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 22:25Permalink
    Information like this is awesome. If it weren't for TA I would miss out on so much stuff. Keep up the good work.
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • Posted on 29 December 10 at 22:36Permalink
    guys the price tag I've seen on the gold edition is not worth it it runs about $30 while the regular is $5 so IMO its better to just buy the DLC as opposed to getting the gold edition. that and i already have a copy so it'd be a waste
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,809,921
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 23:17Permalink
    PanicButton16 said:
    guys the price tag I've seen on the gold edition is not worth it it runs about $30 while the regular is $5 so IMO its better to just buy the DLC as opposed to getting the gold edition.
    ...if you're planning to keep the disc.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic397,617
    Posted on 29 December 10 at 23:51, Edited on 30 December 10 at 00:06 by RhyoliticPermalink
    Reina Watt said:
    The dumb thing about this is that the gold edition of the first MUA game wasn't released in the UK, it's a US only edition, the UK never received an edition with the DLC. The same will likely be true for MUA2 soon, US only, no special edition for anyone outside of the US.

Removing the DLC is frankly a stupid idea.
    Sorry, but no. There will NOT be a Gold edition of MUA2 released.

It was in the same post by an official person that said that the DLC was coming back for a limited timeframe.

Edit -

On other questions… there’s not going to be a Gold Edition, but we are able to get the DLC content back via XBL and PSN. I actually had a Gold Edition cover ready to go with - surprise surprise - Psylocke on the front, maybe I can find a way to post that. It just didn’t get bought into though, simple as that. :-(
    From Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC Returns In July
  • BemusedBoxBemusedBox1,656,876
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 00:04Permalink
    yeah but you can sell the gold edition on after you play it for what you payed cost nothing.
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 00:22Permalink
    About time you mentioned the DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 11 is back up, not like I didn't mention it about a week ago laugh.

I got all my Marvel DLC the other day though, so I'm good.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 December 10 at 00:40Permalink
    Um I just got the dlc for the 2nd one in time, but can't find no one to play with. Someone please help me do the story in legenday or super heroic
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry322,332
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 00:42Permalink
    I just can't bring myself to do it, I don't care enough...If my completion percentage was any good I might, but I'll be astounded if I ever even get to 70% laugh
    Use one of the quotes from that thread
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.