Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PSA - Marvel: UA 1 & 2 DLC Removed on Dec 31st

• KRiSX85KRiSX85154,970
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 01:02Permalink
    if i twas cheaper i'd consider it... 800 points for shit thats being deleted off the marketplace is FAIL
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic397,111
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 01:04Permalink
    KRiSX85 said:
    if i twas cheaper i'd consider it... 800 points for shit thats being deleted off the marketplace is FAIL
    Eh, I know people that change their GTs pretty much every month. That's 800 pts for each change. I ask them why they waste $10 each time on doing that and they just shrug.
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 01:37Permalink
    I got the DLC for the first game as the first bit of anything I bought over Live when I first got my Xbox a few years ago. And I got the DLC for the 2nd game a little bit after it initially came out, and then 100% it. I think it's crap that the content has to go away, but as everyone has said at least they are trying to make it a point to let everyone know that it's going to go away for good.
    I'm not as random as you think I salad
  • DEVILS UMBRADEVILS UMBRA324,668
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 01:41Permalink
    dabeast999 said:
    Um I just got the dlc for the 2nd one in time, but can't find no one to play with. Someone please help me do the story in legenday or super heroic
    Create a session for a week out and you'll get takers
    DEVILS UMBRA
  • Samuri BunSamuri Bun12,234
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 05:34Permalink
    wow i just downloaded the bundle for the first one...thanks for the heads up
  • BDSLiVeBDSLiVe46,703
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 06:32Permalink
    I just got all the teasers. Probably I will be searching for someone in a year once I get the second game and play the first.
    Too Bad I hid a BooT
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 08:17Permalink
    Just bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC.
    I just need to buy the game again.
  • Lefty24Lefty24596,403
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 09:21Permalink
    I thought I remember hearing a while back that you can buy the ultimate/gold/collectors edition for MUA1 and get the DLC included on the disc.
  • Selkirk16Selkirk16413,683
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 09:53Permalink
    Just got myself MUA 2 DLC... but still can't get those for MUA 1 though as it's "not available for my region". Sucks big time :( and frankly there's no excuse why it's only available in certain countries.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,444
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 12:49Permalink
    Selkirk16 said:
    frankly there's no excuse why it's only available in certain countries.
    Licensing. Yes, it sucks.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • ArachnicideArachnicide315,192
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 13:21Permalink
    ThunderingLefty said:
    I thought I remember hearing a while back that you can buy the ultimate/gold/collectors edition for MUA1 and get the DLC included on the disc.
    Yeah the gold and the gold special edition both have the dlc on the disc. So you can still get the MuA 1 content that way. I have the gold special edition sitting in my dvd rack unopened. Cant decide if I want to take on the packrat task that is MuA.
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 15:14Permalink
    Thanks for the fair warning, but I'm either...

A) Not going to get the 2nd game.
    or
    B) Wait for a gold edition like they have on the first one.
    Fear the Immortal!
  • ronnie42ronnie42360,448
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 15:20Permalink
    fair warning? i only just heard about this and its tomorrow when this is supposed to happen angry
  • punkyliarpunkyliar191,387
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 15:41, Edited on 30 December 10 at 15:42 by punkyliarPermalink
    evilronnie42 said:
    fair warning? i only just heard about this and its tomorrow when this is supposed to happen angry
    Maybe, but you can't blame me for the fact that you missed our original post on December 5th (it is also referenced in the article):

Marvel: UA2 DLC To Be Delisted On Dec 31st

Between the two, in my eyes it is more than a fair warning.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 December 10 at 15:56Permalink
    dont stress punky... some people just NEED to bitch.
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 17:08, Edited on 30 December 10 at 17:15 by Iceberg082006Permalink
    Nox Nyctores Kz said:
    Its really is tempting but 800 points is a bit...meh and i dont know if i would ever get this its hard to decide 0_0
    they should discount it but thats too generous

EDIT: is it even worth it to get Juggernaut?
  • wes coasnwes coasn466,397
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 18:48Permalink
    I want to know if it's worth it? I never played the game but maybe next year?
  • Posted on 30 December 10 at 19:05Permalink
    PunkyLiar said:
    Prokop said:
    ok i got a question, sorry if its up there but i dont fully understand.

for ultimate alliance 2, lets say i play with my friend ryan and he has it and i have the teaser. i get to play with whoever i want right? do i also get achievements?
    If you have the teaser, then yes you get to play with whoever you like. However, you don't get the DLC achievements unless you buy the full pack.
    You DO GET THE DLC ACHIEVEMENTS. I played with my friend who bought it and I got one of the DLC achievements. So yes, you can mooch for free gamerscore.
    The pilots of the ROFLCOTER enjoy a nice slice of ZOMGBBQPIZZA and failberry lolmonade
  • punkyliarpunkyliar191,387
    Posted on 30 December 10 at 19:49Permalink
    a rabid fuzzle said:
    PunkyLiar said:
    Prokop said:
    ok i got a question, sorry if its up there but i dont fully understand.

for ultimate alliance 2, lets say i play with my friend ryan and he has it and i have the teaser. i get to play with whoever i want right? do i also get achievements?
    If you have the teaser, then yes you get to play with whoever you like. However, you don't get the DLC achievements unless you buy the full pack.
    You DO GET THE DLC ACHIEVEMENTS. I played with my friend who bought it and I got one of the DLC achievements. So yes, you can mooch for free gamerscore.
    You may be able to leech some of the achievements from a friend, but it's very unlikely that they're going to let you unlock the entire DLC gamerscore without buying the DLC. If you want all of them, you're going to have to buy it.
  • Selkirk16Selkirk16413,683
    Posted on 31 December 10 at 03:01Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    Selkirk16 said:
    frankly there's no excuse why it's only available in certain countries.
    Licensing. Yes, it sucks.
    Seems wrong to me that they can release the game but NOT the DLC in the same place... oh well anyway I've got over this a long time ago. No way am I buying MUA3 if it comes out (MUA2 is my brother's copy) warning
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.