Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

PSA - Marvel: UA 1 & 2 DLC Removed on Dec 31st

• Posted on 01 January 11 at 03:09Permalink
    PunkyLiar said:
    evilronnie42 said:
    fair warning? i only just heard about this and its tomorrow when this is supposed to happen angry
    Maybe, but you can't blame me for the fact that you missed our original post on December 5th (it is also referenced in the article):

Marvel: UA2 DLC To Be Delisted On Dec 31st

Between the two, in my eyes it is more than a fair warning.
    In all fairness, there was no fair warning for Marvel Ultimate Alliance. The DLC for that game was removed and then put back up in mid-December. There was no announcement of this happening, and therefore there was no fair warning.

There was a fair warning for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but from looking at that guys games played, he has only played the first one, and therefore, there was no fair warning whatsoever. Besides, he owns the game and doesn't want to have to purchase it again just for the Gold Edition when he could save money and just pay $10 for the DLC.

Nice try though smile.
  • Selkirk16Selkirk16413,660
    Posted on 01 January 11 at 07:15Permalink
    Come to think about it, if I can't get the DLC for MUA 1, then it shouldn't show that I have incomplete achievements for that on xbox.com and here. That's cheating by the publishers... But as if they give a hoot :/
  • Posted on 01 January 11 at 08:07Permalink
    Selkirk16 said:
    Come to think about it, if I can't get the DLC for MUA 1, then it shouldn't show that I have incomplete achievements for that on xbox.com and here. That's cheating by the publishers... But as if they give a hoot :/
    If thats the case what about the online ones EA made that we can't get in the sports game

Thing is they can do what they want I guess since game is old
  • Posted on 01 January 11 at 16:14Permalink
    I got this on the 31st I had forgotten I'm so glad I got it just in time!
    Time is money.
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM86,871
    Posted on 06 January 11 at 16:52Permalink
    I thought there was a policy that protected achievement DLC from being removed?
  • Posted on 06 January 11 at 18:04Permalink
    ERIKDOTCOM said:
    I thought there was a policy that protected achievement DLC from being removed?
    where did u read that? there has been PLENTY of DLC thats been removed
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,804,087
    Posted on 06 January 11 at 19:35Permalink
    Generally you can redownload things that you've download once. I don't know if this is the case with the Marvel DLC or not. They may have just made it inaccessible to people who don't have it yet.

Just like Dash of Destruction. Dammit.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • STARWARZSTARWARZ222,516
    Posted on 24 February 11 at 18:08Permalink
    Well, it's fair warning depending on how you look at it and when you notice it, really. I have only recently discovered the Marvel stuff and like it a lot. I was lucky to find a Gold edition of the first one.

I guess I'm wondering if they'll release a gold edition of the second as well. If they can do it for one, why not the other? I'm going to hold off buying the second. :(
    Intergalactic Wise-ass.
  • Posted on 25 February 11 at 22:13Permalink
    STARWARZ said:
    Well, it's fair warning depending on how you look at it and when you notice it, really. I have only recently discovered the Marvel stuff and like it a lot. I was lucky to find a Gold edition of the first one.

I guess I'm wondering if they'll release a gold edition of the second as well. If they can do it for one, why not the other? I'm going to hold off buying the second. :(
    Sadly, they've said there won't be a Gold edition of MUA2. And Sasha, essentially if you have gotten the DLC at some point for the Marvel stuff you can delete it and redownload so that you could play with friends who don't have it, and then be fine if you wanted to run through again. Personally, I don't know if i'll really ever bother playing it again, which kinda makes me sad since the first game was a lot deeper. Granted, it didn't have much replayabillity either but I felt it was a better game. But opinions will differ, i'm sure.
    I'm not as random as you think I salad
  • Selkirk16Selkirk16413,660
    Posted on 26 February 11 at 12:32Permalink
    I preferred the first game too. Maybe it just felt fresher or I was expecting an improved game for the sequel.
  • ZenFr0gXZenFr0gX430,102
    Posted on 07 May 11 at 03:15Permalink
    Just so yall know even if you dont have the DLC you can still get all the achievements if you play with someone who has the DLC and the free DLC is still up
  • Posted on 02 January 13 at 21:01Permalink
    I'm so glad that I got MUA Special Edition w/ bonus dvd from Gamestop that had the DLC on it. Super thankful and it was only $31.00 with my PowerupCard instead of the $50+ on ebay or amazon... Hang in there guys one day you will nab one of the versions needed. it was frustrating but who couldn't have seen this coming. They robbed us with the first one and now the second is gone like the wind. Well, atleast we know now. much luck to those still in waiting for the DLC.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.