Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Assassin's Creed III Multiplayer Details [UPDATED]

AuthorMessage
LegendaryNoCon
Posted on 08 June 12 at 16:15
New game mode and...dynamic weather!? Now with footage

Please click here to read the story: Assassin's Creed III Multiplayer Details [UPDATED]

External link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/350666/first-assassins-...
Inktoid
Inktoid
Posted on 08 June 12 at 16:26
The multiplayer of AC is addicting and I cannot wait for it to go alongside what will most likely be the final chapter of Desmond's story.
The Onyx Kid
Posted on 08 June 12 at 16:39
"Kill and Stun are no longer on separate buttons, instead being utilized on the same button."

Well I guess taking two years to figure out that needed fixed isn't so bad....
Bella Swan is a spoiled brat with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
Hail Yourself
Hail Yourself
Posted on 08 June 12 at 16:42
I've tried multiple times to get into the AC multiplayer, but I can't. It bores me to tears. I hope it's awesome for the rest of you though.
Bone'n in the mist
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 08 June 12 at 17:20
Generic multiplayer not needed comment.
Normality has resumed in the crazed mind of a nutjob
LegendaryNoCon
Posted on 08 June 12 at 17:21
Spilner said:
Generic multiplayer not needed comment.
Sure it's not needed but with the game being in development for three years, at least this time around we know it's more of a bonus feature and we aren't losing single player length over it!
Judg3mentDrag0n
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:22
Never been a big fan of AC multiplayer. Maybe this will change that
NINja277
NINja277
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:24
I'm hoping this game goes back to the stealth assassinations of the first game,I thought those were the best!
Barad 007
Barad 007
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:27
Multiplayer again? Let down..
Battlefield 3 Gamer !
LegendaryNoCon
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:28, Edited on 08 June 12 at 18:32 by LegendaryNoCon
iSHOCKWAVE 1993 said:
Why? The single player campaign will be longer than any of the others and will have more to do than all the others. What's wrong with adding multiplayer as a bonus feature for those who enjoyed it in ACB and ACR?
Not trying to start an argument or anything. Just curious as to why so many people have an issue with including something with the game that doesn't sacrifice anything from the single player.
anomalystic777
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:32
Mr J Muffin said:
iSHOCKWAVE 1993 said:
Why? The single player campaign will be longer than any of the others and will have more to do than all the others. What's wrong with adding multiplayer as a bonus feature for those who enjoyed it in ACB and ACR?
For those people who don't enjoy mulitplayer in this game it is not welcome because it mean they have to play it in order to 100% the game. I hope they go in a similar direction to Revelations; have some mulitplayer for those that enjoy it, but make the achievements for it easy to get for those that don't.
LegendaryNoCon
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:33
anomalystic777 said:
Mr J Muffin said:
iSHOCKWAVE 1993 said:
For those people who don't enjoy mulitplayer in this game it is not welcome because it mean they have to play it in order to 100% the game. I hope they go in a similar direction to Revelations; have some mulitplayer for those that enjoy it, but make the achievements for it easy to get for those that don't.
Yeah I agree. The Brotherhood multiplayer achievements were a pain in the ass...
Moose Recon
Moose Recon
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:34, Edited on 08 June 12 at 18:36 by Moose Recon
Fun multiplayer. Been great single player, got to finish revelations, great story thru them all so far. Although the multiplayer is fun, it isn't online pass worthy.ac3 will probably have it too unfortunately. Be careful if u want to try revelations, it has an online pass. We preordered it and 1 pass for me and my brother was really annoying, thankfully I had the situation solved thru ubisoft.
The Onyx Kid
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:37
anomalystic777 said:
Well said, great post!

Although ACR was quite annoying because there was an actual story in the MP. Every 10 ranks or so when you levelled up, it'd play a cutscene of Abstergo discussing stuff that almost CERTAINLY will come into play in AC3.

I was very interested in seeing the story, but not interested enough to prestige however many times you needed to in order to see the whole thing (the MP was ok, but certainly not that good to play for that many hours). Thankfully you can find out what happened on the internet, but still would have been nice if they hadn't done it like that.
Bella Swan is a spoiled brat with an overdeveloped sense of entitlement.
anomalystic777
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:41
The Onyx Kid said:
anomalystic777 said:
Well said, great post!

Although ACR was quite annoying because there was an actual story in the MP. Every 10 ranks or so when you levelled up, it'd play a cutscene of Abstergo discussing stuff that almost CERTAINLY will come into play in AC3.

I was very interested in seeing the story, but not interested enough to prestige however many times you needed to in order to see the whole thing (the MP was ok, but certainly not that good to play for that many hours). Thankfully you can find out what happened on the internet, but still would have been nice if they hadn't done it like that.
Thanks, I'm trying to see this multiplayer thing from both sides now, I used to be one of those people that would whine about it just because it's there but I am taking a new perpective in life and being able to argue this from both sides is really useful. I've started blogging some stuff too which is helping with the new perspective.

I hated the Abstergo cutscenes too as I don't enjoy the multiplayer enough to want to unlcock them, need to look them up on the internet again before i start AC3.
ToastiestCape0
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:52
The first worst news to come out of this game...
x athiktos x
x athiktos x
Posted on 08 June 12 at 18:54
"Fans of the previous games' multiplayer will likely perk their ears at this..."

I see what you did there.

I like all the new features. I've played both Brotherhood and Revelations multiplayer for the sake of achievements but ended up really enjoying it. It's not Halo or Gears multiplayer, but a nice change. Looking forward to this game mainly for the campaign but the multiplayer wont disappoint.
I tlain you life!
Knuckles Maloy
Posted on 08 June 12 at 19:15
With multiplayer being part of this game, I guess that will mean an online pass? Good news for people like me that don't have the inclination to play this ip in any other form than single player as it means pre-owned copies will be cheaper.
DragonessHera
DragonessHera
Posted on 08 June 12 at 19:15
Mr J Muffin said:
iSHOCKWAVE 1993 said:
Not trying to start an argument or anything. Just curious as to why so many people have an issue with including something with the game that doesn't sacrifice anything from the single player.
Because unless the game is 2 discs long, yes, there are resources on the disc being devoted only to multiplayer, which is taking away resources that could have been used on single player. Revelations multiplayer used up a majority of the disc, since it had full motion video devoted only to the multiplayer. In AC2 and Brotherhood, the characters in single player had animated faces and could show emotion. In Revelations, they didn't, they all had the same static face, locked in one facial expression. Yes, we've been told that faces will again be animated, but with multiplayer taking up space, what will we be missing? No matter what you think, that space, no matter how small, could be devoted to something else.

Multiplayer in Assassin's Creed should be a spin-off series, it should not have been included in the main series.
Readytk
Readytk
Posted on 08 June 12 at 19:17
Unlike many, I thoroughly enjoy the AC multiplayer and prefer it to the mainstream FPS and massively popular multiplayers, IMO AC multiplayer is fresh and exciting
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.