Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

A Ton of Dead or Alive 5 Screens

AuthorMessage
ChewieOnIce
ChewieOnIce
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:01
One day, all this fighting is just going to end in tears

Please click here to read the story: A Ton of Dead or Alive 5 Screens
DxTrixterz
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:19
Last pic???
GorillaBuddha
GorillaBuddha
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:33
DxTrixterz said:
Last pic???
Same thing I was thinking. Major head scratcher.
Ferocious Swan
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:39
I still think the VF characters just look out of place ...
Duwen
Duwen
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:39
looking forward to this. it's looking epic.
Death 614
Death 614
Posted on 09 June 12 at 12:44
not enough Hayabusa
Dreakon1313
Posted on 09 June 12 at 13:13
Just out of curosity, how much do these games change from one iteration to another? Seems like every time a new one comes out there are tons of screenshots of the same characters that have been in the series since like Dead or Alive 2. Usually when screens start coming out for fighters it's to highlight fancy new graphics and all the new characters and stuff. This looks fairly standard affair.

It's nice the series has some lasting power (boobies), but what's the appeal really?
Oh, they love us American boys.
DxTrixterz
Posted on 09 June 12 at 13:37, Edited on 09 June 12 at 13:38 by DxTrixterz
Dreakon1313 said:
Just out of curosity, how much do these games change from one iteration to another? Seems like every time a new one comes out there are tons of screenshots of the same characters that have been in the series since like Dead or Alive 2. Usually when screens start coming out for fighters it's to highlight fancy new graphics and all the new characters and stuff. This looks fairly standard affair.

It's nice the series has some lasting power (boobies), but what's the appeal really?
I dont think DOA 5 brings anything new but just look at tekken tag tournament 2, since tekken 6 you get new tag system,new engine that allows 4 characters on screen at same time, new modes. For me appeal in fighting games isn't large breasts lets say and fancy graphics but gameplay, large character roster and customisation which tekken tag 2 offers and doa 5 doesn't. Yeah,yeah now all hate me but hell Tekken Tag 2 WILL destroy DOA 5.
Pure Vapour 420
Posted on 09 June 12 at 13:41
Dreakon1313 said:

Depends if you like beat`em up`s really, i grew up with yie ar kung fu, street fighter, body blows etc so im looking forward to this... And also it was 2005 DOA4 came out so be thankful they dont drop EVERY single year like alot of games nowadays bcuz they would hardly any change at all! toast
The Truth is crying out and it`s so loud and so clear,But most people won`t even hear- Damian Marley
ScizX
ScizX
Posted on 09 June 12 at 14:09
Seems like they fixed Hitomi's face, didn't they, it looked weird on older screens

Anyway, day one buy obviously :)
DeceptiCog72283
Posted on 09 June 12 at 15:01
not enough Kasumi LOL

and I agree with everyone else...wtf on the last picture
Sanada
Sanada
Posted on 09 June 12 at 15:22
If you watched any of the endings on Dead or Alive 4 you wouldn't be so surprised by that last picture. Most of those were much weirder. Still, at least they are offering a variety of costumes I guess? laugh
You seem a little furious...
FatalFlaw810
FatalFlaw810
Posted on 09 June 12 at 16:15
DxTrixterz said:
Dreakon1313 said:

I dont think DOA 5 brings anything new but just look at tekken tag tournament 2, since tekken 6 you get new tag system,new engine that allows 4 characters on screen at same time, new modes. For me appeal in fighting games isn't large breasts lets say and fancy graphics but gameplay, large character roster and customisation which tekken tag 2 offers and doa 5 doesn't. Yeah,yeah now all hate me but hell Tekken Tag 2 WILL destroy DOA 5.
I was going to post why your logic fails but I'll let you figure it out for yourself. HINT: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is the sequel to Tekken Tag Tournament and NOT Tekken 6.
DxTrixterz
Posted on 09 June 12 at 16:32, Edited on 09 June 12 at 16:34 by DxTrixterz
FatalFlaw810 said:
DxTrixterz said:
Dreakon1313 said:

I was going to post why your logic fails but I'll let you figure it out for yourself. HINT: Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is the sequel to Tekken Tag Tournament and NOT Tekken 6.
I know but I mean Tekken 6 as the last game released before Tekken Tag 2 and even talking as a sequel to Tag 1, it didn't have customisation, 4 characters on screen and new game modes.
DomaDragoon
DomaDragoon
Posted on 09 June 12 at 17:14
Am I the only one who looked at some of those pictures (especially the Akira ones) and thought that this game was Just Dance or Alive?

Anyway, looks pretty.
www.rpgdl.com
o S0LIDUS o
o S0LIDUS o
Posted on 09 June 12 at 18:59
Hopefully there be plenty of customes to pick from, as frankly.. Some of those presented so far are kinda gay.
You must exclude one thing in order to obtain another.
ZEBRA COMMANDR
Posted on 09 June 12 at 21:09
I'm excited, enjoyed DOA 4 alot, one of my first 360 games :)
TransparentDime
Posted on 09 June 12 at 21:40
I get the impression there will be a lot of costumes. Hopefully living up to the amount that were in DOA Ultimate.
Rhyolitic
Rhyolitic
Posted on 09 June 12 at 23:59
iheartslampigs said:
If you watched any of the endings on Dead or Alive 4 you wouldn't be so surprised by that last picture. Most of those were much weirder. Still, at least they are offering a variety of costumes I guess? laugh
Hitomi, Leifang, and Christie, in particular. laugh
R0ck5auce
Posted on 10 June 12 at 01:01
TransparentDime said:
I get the impression there will be a lot of costumes. Hopefully living up to the amount that were in DOA Ultimate.
I hope so too. DOA:U was the best game of the series. So many costumes that weren't DLC, those were the days.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.