Game Discussion: Guitar Hero: Smash Hits

Guitar Hero Hits Achievements are now on the site

• MortyDiceMortyDice165,604
    Posted on 15 June 09 at 07:40
    This time I won't get fooled again. No GH for me anymore. Last dumb thing they did? No online co-op career for GH:M.
    GSSP gardener.
  • Cheese TouchCheese Touch506,871
    Posted on 15 June 09 at 20:40
    I will probably pick this up at some point since I really like some of those songs and I'd like to play them on drums, even though deploying star power on GH drums kind of sucks.

Everyone's comments on the sad state of the GH franchise are pretty much spot on, though. I have GH II, III, WT, A and M - how many more times are they going to make me buy those SAME characters, guitars, outfits and finishes? It'd be really, really awesome if all those songs went into a common song pool I could choose from (GH II and III songs would have to be guitar/bass only obviously) and even more awesome if the stuff you bought in the store were common, at least upwardly.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB202,453
    Posted on 16 June 09 at 01:42
    Well GH2 was made by Harmonix (Rock Band) so I wouldn't expect any sort of export feature in that any time soon.
    [01:39:08] zigs00: im that much of a loser
  • KramerllamaKramerllama118,534
    Posted on 16 June 09 at 20:43
    Played the drums demo, and was a bit fun. May pick it up afterall if I see the price drop
    With everything presented, I believe Im the only one that was not impressed by MW2
  • Posted on 16 June 09 at 23:44
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    TheCleanHippie said:
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    Can't wait for this, especially the complete all Expert careers achievement!
    laugh
    What?! Your looking forward to a game because of an achievement? That really doesn't make any sense to me. I mean I'm def. a cheevowhore but come on. Really. I didn't buy RB2 for the Steel Bladder Award and that cheevo is awesome.
    Well I was always gonna go for completing all careers on Expert, so the fact there's an achievement for it is a bonus :D
    He realy only says he cant wait to complete the careers on expert. He didnt say he was buying the game because it had that achievement, it is merely adding to his excitement (most likely bcoz he knows he can do it and 90% of people cannot). I hope im not coming off as a douche btw headspin
  • Posted on 17 June 09 at 08:46
    Bringin SXC bak said:
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    TheCleanHippie said:
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    Can't wait for this, especially the complete all Expert careers achievement!
    laugh
    What?! Your looking forward to a game because of an achievement? That really doesn't make any sense to me. I mean I'm def. a cheevowhore but come on. Really. I didn't buy RB2 for the Steel Bladder Award and that cheevo is awesome.
    Well I was always gonna go for completing all careers on Expert, so the fact there's an achievement for it is a bonus :D
    He realy only says he cant wait to complete the careers on expert. He didnt say he was buying the game because it had that achievement, it is merely adding to his excitement (most likely bcoz he knows he can do it and 90% of people cannot). I hope im not coming off as a douche btw headspin
    You've pretty much summed it up there mate!
    The Guitar Hero franchise is my ultimate favourite game franchise, so they could recycle the songs 5 times over (provided the charts were a little different each time) and I wouldn't mind :P

However, the vocal expert career is gonna suck :P There's gonna be one song right near the end I'll get stuck on, just like I did with Gimme Shelter on Rock Band angry
  • Posted on 18 June 09 at 01:16
    i wont quote you only bcoz its getting massive (thats what she said), but i agree, im a guitar hero fanboy, so il keep buying them, providing they promise me they will make 1 more that i can use the controller on : ) But Il be fine with the vocals. somehow im ranked #1 in Aus on world tour for vocals but i dont own drums bcoz im a poor ass so that excludes me from a hell of alot o cheevos : (
  • Posted on 18 June 09 at 01:23
    My friend and me bought this at midnight(I know big GH nerds) and he doesn't have a drum kit, but they gave him drum sticks for pre-ordering it, WTF? Do they expect everyone that pre-ordered the game to own drums. And even so most people already have drumsticks, but it's okay these drum sticks are special because they say Guitar Hero Smash Hits on them. Wow, really?
    Weisguy9 is a spy for microsoft
  • Posted on 18 June 09 at 01:28
    I never had a drum kit until yesterday, my brother borrowed money off me so he could buy one :P

Time to catch up on the achievements I've missed
  • Posted on 18 June 09 at 01:44
    Yeah I was cut when I got a free foot pedal and splitter for pre ordering metallica. Maybe I can just play air drums with them.
  • MortyDiceMortyDice165,604
    Posted on 18 June 09 at 07:56
    Or send them to me.
    GSSP gardener.
  • Posted on 23 June 09 at 00:13
    I have rented the game for one day here and these achievements seem like a big pain in the ass! Seriously, not everyone can FC the Mosh (called first blood now) on raining blood on expert or find enough members for a band v. band match, etc. Ever since world tour, these achievements can go diaf.
  • SebastianSBSebastianSB202,453
    Posted on 23 June 09 at 16:22
    Not even "since world tour." Every Activision GH game's achievements have been completely ridiculous except Aerosmith's, but those were a bit too easy.
    [01:39:08] zigs00: im that much of a loser
  • Posted on 23 June 09 at 17:03
    I think GH2 had the best achievements. And GH3 had the 2nd best. With GH:A in 3rd, Metallica 4th, WT 5th, and SH last, at least for now, because the Van Halen achievements are utterly ridiculous.
    If a banana has a peel, wouldn't candy have an unwrapper?
  • Posted on 23 June 09 at 17:39
    GH3's achievements win for originality. You're obviously going to find the old 'Complete Expert' as an achievement, and since the introduction of the full band games, the 'Complete with X instrument' achievements. However, throwing ideas in like GH3 did with 'Complete Career Lefty and Righty', and 'Score 100,000,000 Million Points Total' it made the game more fun IMO. We need more originality like this.
  • Posted on 23 June 09 at 17:56
    Yes, but not stuff that only a select few can get like 4 star TTFAF, or complete all careers on Expert and such nonsense like that. Or 100% first Blood(mosh for Raining Blood)
  • Posted on 24 June 09 at 05:07
    Psycho Joe 1 said:
    GH3's achievements win for originality. You're obviously going to find the old 'Complete Expert' as an achievement, and since the introduction of the full band games, the 'Complete with X instrument' achievements. However, throwing ideas in like GH3 did with 'Complete Career Lefty and Righty', and 'Score 100,000,000 Million Points Total' it made the game more fun IMO. We need more originality like this.
    I agree with this. The guitar hero Achievements now are kind of frustrating and stupid (create a tattoo for 5gs, really?) The only problem I have with GH3's achievements are that they should reward you a little more. Hence why the TA gamerscore for the game is over 4000. Seriously, I don't know whether or not I should really waste my time trying to get 350 more wins for that achievement.
  • Posted on 24 June 09 at 07:36
    Furious Gunman said:
    Yes, but not stuff that only a select few can get like 4 star TTFAF, or complete all careers on Expert and such nonsense like that. Or 100% first Blood(mosh for Raining Blood)
    I understand where you're coming from, but surely one or two difficult achievements like that provide a bit of challenge for the more skilled players to give them a bit of fun whilst unlocking achievements?
  • Posted on 24 June 09 at 14:29, Edited on 24 June 09 at 14:30 by Furious Gunman
    Yes a few difficult achievements is fine, but no more then 100-150 points not 300+ points like it is in GH:SH.

Edit: And when I say difficult I am talking about ones that only expert players can do.
  • Posted on 24 June 09 at 16:53
    That's fair enough, but with enough practice anyone can become an expert player :D

Just play the game for fun without thinking about the difficult chievements and it will come to you naturally. Trust me!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.