Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Sales & Specials+: Week of December 4th, 2012

• Posted on 05 December 12 at 13:41Permalink
    Wave 0 Of Horde said:
    Fire Hawk D said:
    SixSticks said:
    Man, PS Plus is looking better and better...
    Buh-bye. Don't let the Xbox-branded door hit you on the way out.

Seriously, what is with the constant hate for all the sales lately? I mean, can't people tell the difference between an outright "bad sale" and a sale they themselves may not find appealing?
    To answer your question in the most simple form
    THE SALES ARE SHIT that's why.
    EVEN if there are a few weeks where the sales are not the greatest in your mind; moving solely to playstation only is the stupidest thing you could do coming off of xbox!
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,444
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 13:50Permalink
    ChadMarc said:
    PeeMcPee said:
    Streets of Rage still 800 Points?
    you have to buy it through the sales and specials app or it will cost 800
    Ah. Thanks for clarifying. I'll do that when I get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't like the specials, don't buy them. At least there ARE specials. There have been a boatload of sales recently. The bitching might be cathartic, but doesn't add to the discussion.

PSN <<<<<< XBL. If you feel like playing without being able to talk to friends, have at it.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 December 12 at 15:10Permalink
    I like my Xbox and have no intention of switching anytime soon (too invested in Xbox now), but cross-game chat does not let Live stack up against PS+ handing out free games to play (while a member).

For me, since I rarely play online anymore, Xbox Live looks more like a bad deal compared to PS+ these days. At this point, the main reason I subscribe is so that I can use Netflix on the TV in the living room. I am seriously considering just putting the $60 towards a second Roku next time around and letting Gold expire.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,805,444
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 15:24Permalink
    All depends on priorities. I play Xbox as a social experience as well as the gaming experience. Free games are nice... if they're good.

Of course, I play tons of shit games, so...

Of course, PSN has no achievements, so...
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • RiseningRisening159,584
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 15:29Permalink
    I took to long to decide on SoR for black friday, now i get my chance to get it! Grabbed Daytona too :)
  • SG CodSteaksSG CodSteaks122,575
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 15:36Permalink
    Target had Arkham City: GOTY for sale for $15 on Black Friday but it missed it. Still got the standard edition for $15, though, so I'm excited to be able to get this DLC a little cheaper.

And to address what someone already said about the Catwoman DLC coming with the game: I believe if you already own something in the chain reaction it gives you credit for that piece in the chain. I could be wrong, but I'll find out for sure tonight.
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 15:58Permalink
    Nonsense!
    ^ this
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 16:43Permalink
    SG CodSteaks said:
    And to address what someone already said about the Catwoman DLC coming with the game: I believe if you already own something in the chain reaction it gives you credit for that piece in the chain. I could be wrong, but I'll find out for sure tonight.
    I already own everything except the Bane mask and they all had big yellow check marks in them with the mask being the exception.

I truely understand why people call these deals sh!t, and whine about them. If I had a 6 digit gamerscore and already owned these games I too would be upset; however, I have my little 5 digit gamerscore and I don't own Daytona USA or SVC: SoR so score for me!
    Lord Namlig
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 18:19, Edited on 05 December 12 at 18:22 by PrestonPrestonPermalink
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Seriously, what is with the constant hate for all the sales lately? I mean, can't people tell the difference between an outright "bad sale" and a sale they themselves may not find appealing?
    because people are basically impossible to please. you could give a game away for free and they would still complain....
    oh wait, they already did with Wreckateer and yes, people still complained!
    absolutely ridiculous.
    "music is my religion" - Jimi Hendrix
  • BaneDainBaneDain432,990
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 19:49Permalink
    bprsam said:
    I think I'll grab Streets of Rage. Already got Daytona and SC5 doesn't interest me.
    What does Soul Calbur 5 have to do with the sale?wink
  • BaneDainBaneDain432,990
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 19:51Permalink
    Fire Hawk D said:
    SixSticks said:
    Buh-bye. Don't let the Xbox-branded door hit you on the way out.

Yeah Phantasy Star Subscriptions are pretty nice
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 21:59Permalink
    The Space Channel 5 Deal is only good if you don't want the Dreamcast Collection,because that can be easily found for less than £10 (£7 in Morrison's in shop).
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 05:43Permalink
    any idea if sales and specials + is gonna become avaliable in canada at any point in the future (near or far?)
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 17:43Permalink
    The chain reaction would be really good... If the catwoman one was at the bottom. Seriously, seeing as it comes with a new copy of the game, why force people to buy that to get to the nightwing one? I would have actually bought the batman DLC this week if it wasn't for this. Even the bane mask sounds awesome.
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 18:40Permalink
    daytona... hum.. im not sure..
    >> TBB rulez <<
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 19:04Permalink
    No Harley Quinn's Revenge? Screw this.
  • AkirakornAkirakorn226,615
    Posted on 06 December 12 at 21:33Permalink
    SixSticks said:
    Reasons to skip this week:
    Batman DLC: I'll take GOTY edition when it's on the cheap.
    Streets of Rage: I'll wait for a Vintage collection disc to come out, then GameFly it
    Space Channel 5 2: same as above, though already out in retail
    Daytona: already bought but will prob be in a Sega arcade compilation disc sometime in the near future with the AM2 games that came out recently on XBLA

Sorry you missed AC:GOTY on the cheap. Ok so i still consider $30 for a great game with $35 of DLC cheap.
  • Posted on 08 December 12 at 04:02, Edited on 08 December 12 at 04:02 by DaBlackAlbinoPermalink
    Sashamorning said:
    ChadMarc said:
    PeeMcPee said:
    Streets of Rage still 800 Points?
    you have to buy it through the sales and specials app or it will cost 800
    Ah. Thanks for clarifying. I'll do that when I get home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you don't like the specials, don't buy them. At least there ARE specials. There have been a boatload of sales recently. The bitching might be cathartic, but doesn't add to the discussion.

PSN <<<<<< XBL. If you feel like playing without being able to talk to friends, have at it.
    Thanks for the word, I shall incorporate this in to my idiolect, according to definition it seems like a great word! smile
    *English Girls:* DABLACKALBINO.COM dablackalbino.com OMG OMG OMG DABLACKALBINO.COM!!!
  • Posted on 09 December 12 at 10:50Permalink
    Holy Shit I actually won the Scratch and Match and what I got was slightly disappointing. I was hoping for a game or something but instead all I got was the Venus Flytrap avatar prop from Guardian Heroes.

The first time since they put this app up that I won and I got an avatar prop. I thought you got a game when you won. Has it always been an avatar prop?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.