Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBLA DLC Roundup: December 5th, 2012

• Virtual BoyVirtual Boy614,581
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 18:08
    Really Guardians of Middle Earth, really?
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,263,409
    Posted on 05 December 12 at 18:32
    NawtyCawty said:
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    Nice to see someone finally decided to make a season pass cost THE SAME PRICE AS THE GAME! Pass, and pass. What's next, a season pass that is MORE than the game??
    Well Forza Horizon's season pass cost almost as much as the game (in fact it probably is more by now). And all you get is shitty cars that are all virtually the same lol
    No comment on horizon...been torched for expressing my opinion on that overpriced pass already!

Quite a few games have had season passes priced "close" to the retail price of the game ($50 pass, $60 game), but most of those, barring sales, saved you a little bit of money and actually had content...an xbla game with a season pass that cost the same price as the game, especially in a game with very little "content" (its an arena battle mp game) is absurd.

I guess the general rule is if you are a big enough fan, you will buy the passes at launch regardless of the price. My take on them is that they eventually go on sale, and a lot of time it's actually cheaper out of pocket for me to simply buy the content as it comes out, since you can use msp sales, trade credit, xbl rewards, and bing rewards to offset the cost.

Pricing like this (and dogfight 1942) make the decision to not purchase until its on sale very easy.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 20:19
    Virtual Boy said:
    Really Guardians of Middle Earth, really?
    It's actually not as bad as it appears to be at first glance. Looks like the Season Pass will not only grant access to Survival Mode, but instant access to 12 more Guardians. Those same Guardians might be purchasable using the in-game currency once they're released, or just playable thanks to the "Free Guardian Rotation" they have for each week.

Turns out, the game is EVEN MORE like League of Legends then I was expecting, which blunts the Season Pass quite a bit.
  • Posted on 05 December 12 at 20:32
    Either Next week or the week after more Trials Evolution DLCsmile
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 01:16
    Tony Starc said:
    Didn't they say revert would only work in the new levels
    They did, but then they changed their mind about 2 weeks ago.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassador | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • CASS190684CASS190684253,345
    Posted on 06 December 12 at 01:34
    Still got Tony Hawk sitting on my wish list - hoping it might be amongst the Christmas/New Year sales :)
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • TopherXPwnsTopherXPwns559,053
    Posted on 06 December 12 at 04:32
    ROBomination said:
    Tony Starc said:
    I'd almost be willing to bet that the score based achievements from the core game will block the achievement if you revert in the combos for it.
    Topher twitter.com/topherxpwns topherrocks.tumblr.com
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 13:45
    TopherXPwns said:
    ROBomination said:
    Tony Starc said:
    I'd almost be willing to bet that the score based achievements from the core game will block the achievement if you revert in the combos for it.
    Now that would be worth seeing people get mad over! lol
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 14:13
    I wish, but I doubt it. It'd be way too easy to accidentally hit the revert button. That'd make it even harder lol.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassador | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • Solario32Solario32347,288
    Posted on 06 December 12 at 15:42
    MOBA season pass.....boo!
  • Posted on 06 December 12 at 19:39
    new mag decks make me happy
  • StarshadeFPSStarshadeFPS599,582
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 01:30, Edited on 07 December 12 at 01:30 by StarshadeFPS
    Maybe the revert pack without achievements :)
    ----''' Caught in the grip of the city, madness '''----
  • GWARRRRRGWARRRRR141,005
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 02:57
    how does no revert fare against revert online? Or is it a dlc enabled option in multilayer
    I'll just put this right here.
  • GWARRRRRGWARRRRR141,005
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 02:59
    GWARRRRR said:
    how does no revert fare against revert online? Or is it a dlc enabled option in multilayer
    Woah steve cab I might have just been persuaded,
    I'll just put this right here.
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 03:49
    GWARRRRR said:
    You can't join both need the pack. I got 1,4 million point combo with steve cab. I haven't even upped all the stats. The revert works best in pools.
  • matdanmatdan840,236
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 04:55
    Eskobar M92 said:
    GWARRRRR said:
    You can't join both need the pack. I got 1,4 million point combo with steve cab. I haven't even upped all the stats. The revert works best in pools.
    Of course combos need a revert and manual to be complete.
    Posted on 07 December 12 at 06:11
    matdan12 said:
    Eskobar M92 said:
    GWARRRRR said:
    Of course combos need a revert and manual to be complete.
    Yes indeed. It works in normal halfpipes 90% of the time it's all about the quick timing of the manual.
  • Sullii85Sullii85209,653
    Posted on 08 December 12 at 02:30
    got the THPSHD dlc in hopes that the online wouldn't be so dead......I was wrong... So much for drunk 90's
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.