Game Discussion: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Forum

How is it?

AuthorMessage
Dreakon1313
Posted on 10 June 12 at 04:30
Just picked up the HD collection.

My original intention was to just enjoy MGS2 and MGS3 and ignore the Peace Walker disc. However, since it's here anyways, I'm debating giving it a go someday.

I'm a little protective of my profile and adding games I may really dislike.

I loved MGS2 back in the day (I intend to play that first) and the little bit I played of MGS3 was alright, though I think I was too much of a dough-eye'd tussle-able child back then to appreciate how much more complicated it was than MGS2. I think if I give it a legitimate chance this time around, it'll grow on me.

Peace Walker is a bit of a mystery though. If I like MGS2 and 3, is Peace Walker similar enough that it's a safe bet that I'll enjoy it at least? How are the achievements? How's the online mode? Is it mostly dead online? Etc, etc.

Thanks guys!
Oh, they love us American boys.
Our Afflictions
Posted on 10 June 12 at 07:23
I've heard it was very good, and the videos/reviews I've seen says the same thing. I haven't played it yet though. Trying to finish at least 1 of the earlier games before I do this one.
DakotaThrice
DakotaThrice
Posted on 10 June 12 at 13:23
From what I've played of them Peace Walker is pretty similar to 3, at least mechanically. You could always use another account to try it out first.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 11 June 12 at 13:38
Create a guest account and try it on there. If you like it, play it on your main profile.
"You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
Dreakon1313
Posted on 12 June 12 at 20:52
Shadow Enz said:
Create a guest account and try it on there. If you like it, play it on your main profile.
Not a bad idea!
Oh, they love us American boys.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 13 June 12 at 17:31
Dreakon1313 said:
Shadow Enz said:
Not a bad idea!
I do it all the time smile
"You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive..."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.