Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Huge Activision Xbox LIVE Marketplace Sale

• Posted on 04 October 12 at 11:26
    RadiantViper said:
    Mobius Evalon said:
    You said games have a budget to stay within, I said those budget dollars could be allocated in a better fashion than they typically are, then proceeded to make a comparison to Revelations. The Prototype 2 comment may be trailing a bit.

And I try to make a point to not address condescending comments. When that starts happening, you've reached an ideological impasse with the other party and pursuing the topic tends not to end well.
    Revelations has nothing to do with the game we were talking about, so the comparison fails. And your second paragraph basically translates as "I ran out of things to say because my argument didn't make sense".
    How does the comparison fail? Prototype's budget was spent on a million collectables and challenges to repeated ad nauseum, Revelations' budget was spent on silly multiplayer intended to be played ad infinitum. In both cases, time, effort, and money was squandered on padding that could otherwise have been redirected back into the campaign experience.

My second paragraph translates to "nothing I can say will convince someone with a staunch opposing opinion otherwise". My reason for playing the challenges was already stated, dismissed, and made fun of. The discussion on that point ended several posts ago.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 17:16
    Mobius Evalon said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Mobius Evalon said:
    You said games have a budget to stay within, I said those budget dollars could be allocated in a better fashion than they typically are, then proceeded to make a comparison to Revelations. The Prototype 2 comment may be trailing a bit.

And I try to make a point to not address condescending comments. When that starts happening, you've reached an ideological impasse with the other party and pursuing the topic tends not to end well.
    Revelations has nothing to do with the game we were talking about, so the comparison fails. And your second paragraph basically translates as "I ran out of things to say because my argument didn't make sense".
    How does the comparison fail? Prototype's budget was spent on a million collectables and challenges to repeated ad nauseum, Revelations' budget was spent on silly multiplayer intended to be played ad infinitum. In both cases, time, effort, and money was squandered on padding that could otherwise have been redirected back into the campaign experience.

My second paragraph translates to "nothing I can say will convince someone with a staunch opposing opinion otherwise". My reason for playing the challenges was already stated, dismissed, and made fun of. The discussion on that point ended several posts ago.
    I don't know if putting in collectables and challenges would suck up much budget to be honest. I haven't tried the prototype ones but if it is like every other games collectables and challenges, the maps are already made beforehand and most of it is placing either an item or a scenario in an already generated map. It likely wouldn't even be the same staff that would be working on the campaign experience. For all we know, the collection placement might be done by a student intern.

Multiplayer probably uses a fair amount of resources though.
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 18:26
    spaceSuicide said:
    This is false. I got [PROTOTYPE] for $9.99 through this. Loving it.
    Its not false. You were just very lucky.

On the Irish Market place it showed €10 for the game when the sale started but the next day it was bumped up to €15. From what I am guess was a microsoft mistake and thought Prototype was at 50% off but changed it back to the correct 25% off.
  • Posted on 04 October 12 at 18:30
    SilentHunter382 said:
    spaceSuicide said:
    Its not false. You were just very lucky.

On the Irish Market place it showed €10 for the game when the sale started but the next day it was bumped up to €15. From what I am guess was a microsoft mistake and thought Prototype was at 50% off but changed it back to the correct 25% off.
    That's unfortunate. Glad I ended up nabbing it. When Future Soldiers' Raven Down DLC came out it was listed for 800 MSP and I was surprised but I didn't buy it. I should have as it's now 1200 MSP like originally priced.
  • Will072Will072272,987
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 20:47
    VegaDark541 said:
    Is it just me, or is there no link or notification of this sale on the dashboard? (I'm in the beta, so comments from others in the beta regarding this would be helpful)
    There is a link on the normal dash so must just be a beta thing.
  • Aiirport HXCAiirport HXC250,533 250,533 GamerScore
    Posted on 04 October 12 at 22:18
    una mierda de promocion xD /yawn
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 02:20
    If you are complaining about this sale you must have paid too much for some Call of Duty maps. LOLOOOOLOLOLOOOOLOO

I tossed out another credit card for ya MS there is about 30 more where that came from if you keep putting stuff on sale. baaaaaaaaha
    hackers love macrosauce but not willy anthro-billy and his posse of death mongers
  • matdanmatdan794,696
    Posted on 06 October 12 at 15:23
    CHiLLiONS said:
    If you are complaining about this sale you must have paid too much for some Call of Duty maps. LOLOOOOLOLOLOOOOLOO

I tossed out another credit card for ya MS there is about 30 more where that came from if you keep putting stuff on sale. baaaaaaaaha
    Well if you bought any of them sale or no you paid too much,
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 20:29
    matdan12 said:
    CHiLLiONS said:

If your hoping to get something for free, keep dreaming wave
    hackers love macrosauce but not willy anthro-billy and his posse of death mongers
  • Posted on 06 October 12 at 20:30
    CHiLLiONS said:
    matdan12 said:
    CHiLLiONS said:

If your hoping to get something for free, keep dreaming wave
    The implication was that Call of Duty sucks.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:31
    obviously
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:32
    that doesn't mean I have to play along...........FOOOOOL
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:33
    did you notice the sarcastic hand wave......NOOOOOO U DIDNT....because you only see what you want to see......NUGGA
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:34
    OPEN YO EYES SON!!!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:35
    you can take a stab at my grammar if you want but I dont give a FUCK i took a shit on my english teacher she loved it
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 October 12 at 21:37
    i got one for you also if you want it i ate chili and drank coffee medium roast goo
  • JamP0undJamP0und131,134 131,134 GamerScore
    Posted on 07 October 12 at 19:59
    Nice sale, i picked up the WaW pack bundle and Arcadian Warriors. Saved me a lot of points there. :D
  • SanadaSanada678,562
    Posted on 07 October 12 at 22:37
    spaceSuicide said:
    Was it a temporary mistake that they later fixed? Because it's still $15.99 for me.
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
  • matdanmatdan794,696
    Posted on 08 October 12 at 00:10
    iheartslampigs said:
    spaceSuicide said:
    Was it a temporary mistake that they later fixed? Because it's still $15.99 for me.
    Same here not sure if its worth it over a disc and physical copy.
  • SanadaSanada678,562
    Posted on 19 October 12 at 18:54
    matdan12 said:
    iheartslampigs said:
    spaceSuicide said:
    Same here not sure if its worth it over a disc and physical copy.
    Bah I settled for just waiting and borrowing it off a friend. No reason to rush for something that I wasn't overly in to playing, you know?
    I may or may not have been Izuna Dropped on my head as a child.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.