Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Huge Activision Xbox LIVE Marketplace Sale

• Posted on 23 January 13 at 11:11
    I know this offer was a few months ago but .. You can get call of duty 4 for about £5, call of duty world at war for £5, modern warfare 2 for £8, black ops 1 for about £10, modern warfare 3 for about £15, the only good thing about this sale is the map packs what are cheap.
  • PuckJunkiePuckJunkie690,827
    Posted on 19 February 13 at 18:43
    Necropost incoming:

Mobius, I get what you're saying. We've all played a game where we've finished the campaign and have been done caring about anything for a while, yet are grinding out some facet of the game just for the sake of a complete game. Well, maybe not all of us - but I have, and it sounds like you have as well.

I'm not going to try to justify why it is that [Prototype] shouldn't fit that description, and why other games should. Games are for enjoyment. You didn't enjoy it, that sucks. I've been there, just not with this particular game. I found the Platinum medals to be a real challenge and a fun addition to the game. Similar to the Mirror's Edge time trials. If you haven't played that game, don't. I can't imagine you would feel any differently about it than you do this one.

For me, the real "artificial lengthening" of a game comes from forcing me to replay the campaign over and over (Dead Space 3 appears to be the most recent good example, with 4 required playthroughs), or making me kill a ridiculous number of enemies, far more than that you would possibly kill on one or even two playthroughs (Beast for Army of Two: TFD), things like that. When I have to mindlessly repeat parts of the game over and over - not to succeed, but just to add to some stupid counter - that drives me insane.

To each their own. Bummer you didn't enjoy getting Pt, though. I had a ton of fun with it.
  • matdanmatdan794,699
    Posted on 20 February 13 at 10:24
    PuckJunkie said:
    Necropost incoming:

Mobius, I get what you're saying. We've all played a game where we've finished the campaign and have been done caring about anything for a while, yet are grinding out some facet of the game just for the sake of a complete game. Well, maybe not all of us - but I have, and it sounds like you have as well.

I'm not going to try to justify why it is that [Prototype] shouldn't fit that description, and why other games should. Games are for enjoyment. You didn't enjoy it, that sucks. I've been there, just not with this particular game. I found the Platinum medals to be a real challenge and a fun addition to the game. Similar to the Mirror's Edge time trials. If you haven't played that game, don't. I can't imagine you would feel any differently about it than you do this one.

For me, the real "artificial lengthening" of a game comes from forcing me to replay the campaign over and over (Dead Space 3 appears to be the most recent good example, with 4 required playthroughs), or making me kill a ridiculous number of enemies, far more than that you would possibly kill on one or even two playthroughs (Beast for Army of Two: TFD), things like that. When I have to mindlessly repeat parts of the game over and over - not to succeed, but just to add to some stupid counter - that drives me insane.

To each their own. Bummer you didn't enjoy getting Pt, though. I had a ton of fun with it.
    Gross more necros, let the thread die in peace.
  • keoskeykeoskey1,378,124
    Posted on 13 November 20 at 22:54
    Feels weird looking back at this old post seeing stuff priced with Microsoft Points again
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.