Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Family Game Night 4: The Game Show Trailer

  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 04:22
    What's your opinion on anthropomorphic potatoes?

    The Hasbro Family Game Night series has taken a less than traditional route to get to where it is today. After the first one received mixed reviews on PS2 and Wii, it was ported to 360, first in downloadable form, then on disc. The sequel was, surprisingly, a Wii-exclusive, only to have the third one return to Xbox 360. The fourth in the series is Kinect-enabled and inspired by the real-life TV game show bearing the same name shown on The Hub Network.

    Here you can see Mr. Potato Head having fun with some of the different games you and your family and friends (and, evidently, potatoes) can play when the game releases.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7Lccx2Fo0

    As we told you when it was announced, the games included are Connect 4 Basketball, Scrabble Flash, Sorry! Sliders, Bop-It Boptigon, Yahtzee! Bowling and Monopoly Crazy Cash Machine.

    Hasbro Family Game Night 4: The Game Show has (a really long title and) no specific release date yet but is expected to be released sometime this autumn.
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto146,572
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 04:23
    This'll blow. The rest have, and "Kinect-compatable" is never good news
  • CRAZE KILERCRAZE KILER1,202,467
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 04:27
    I hated part 3 so there is little chance I will play this.
  • MaxForce357MaxForce357126,276
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 04:34
    Acceleretto said:
    This'll blow. The rest have, and "Kinect-compatable" is never good news
    I guess you've never played Child of Eden.
    IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE! TAKE THIS. YOU GOT THE BFG9000!! OH, YES.
  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 04:36
    My opinion of anthropomorphic potatoes is that they are delicious with butter and cheddar cheese.
  • SpocKirkSpocKirk92,380
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 05:30
    I dislike the first for its stupid achievement system and the region-specific minipacks
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=1455465 E.A.S.K.
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498451,768
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 06:55
    I know I will take some heat for this, but honestly I do not give a flying shart. I love the Family Game Night games. I have an 11 year old son who loves to sit down and play board games and XBox games. These FGN games are a wonderful game to sit down and have fun with my son with. They offer so many variables to the games also. Each game they put in the game, they have the original edition and a decently thought out new version. Both of them can be customized to how you want to play. While I understand this does not appeal to hardcore do you want some more gamers, it appeals to families and casual gamers. I will be buying FGN4 and my son and I will enjoy it. The achievements, any achievements are not important to me. I do not play games for them. If you do, and that is your bag, good for you. However, there are many of us that don't and many families will like this game. My family is one of them.
    "But, I NEED money sir! I am poor, sick, and hungry!"
  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 07:13
    Flyboy80498 said:
    I know I will take some heat for this, but honestly I do not give a flying shart. I love the Family Game Night games. I have an 11 year old son who loves to sit down and play board games and XBox games. These FGN games are a wonderful game to sit down and have fun with my son with. They offer so many variables to the games also. Each game they put in the game, they have the original edition and a decently thought out new version. Both of them can be customized to how you want to play. While I understand this does not appeal to hardcore do you want some more gamers, it appeals to families and casual gamers. I will be buying FGN4 and my son and I will enjoy it. The achievements, any achievements are not important to me. I do not play games for them. If you do, and that is your bag, good for you. However, there are many of us that don't and many families will like this game. My family is one of them.
    Man, i hope you don't get flack, because it sounds like you got a pretty good life goin on there. With the exception of wondering why you are on this site, since you don' care about achievements,I can't see anyone giving flack to someone enjoying quality time with their son as opposed to worrying about something as simple as gamerscore.
  • Muzzer 7Muzzer 7378,699
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 08:04
    Yahtzee? again? Might be a rental if the achievements are half decent. FGN3 was boring
  • AchtiAchti535,286
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 09:13, Edited on 29 September 11 at 09:14 by Achti
    i propably wont be buying it. 3 was pretty boring and i cant see how kinect could make boardgames more enjoyable
  • EmDeeGeeEmDeeGee770,586
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 09:17
    I foresee more achievement problems since this one will include Scrabble again... That means us European gamers will probably be left out in the cold once more. Stupid licensing conflict between Hasbro and Mattel isn't solved yet, right?
    2nd Annual Bean Dive starting July 7, 2011. Join the fun and save your games until then if you can!
  • Flyboy80498Flyboy80498451,768
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 10:38
    connectmeplease said:
    Flyboy80498 said:
    I know I will take some heat for this, but honestly I do not give a flying shart. I love the Family Game Night games. I have an 11 year old son who loves to sit down and play board games and XBox games. These FGN games are a wonderful game to sit down and have fun with my son with. They offer so many variables to the games also. Each game they put in the game, they have the original edition and a decently thought out new version. Both of them can be customized to how you want to play. While I understand this does not appeal to hardcore do you want some more gamers, it appeals to families and casual gamers. I will be buying FGN4 and my son and I will enjoy it. The achievements, any achievements are not important to me. I do not play games for them. If you do, and that is your bag, good for you. However, there are many of us that don't and many families will like this game. My family is one of them.
    Man, i hope you don't get flack, because it sounds like you got a pretty good life goin on there. With the exception of wondering why you are on this site, since you don' care about achievements,I can't see anyone giving flack to someone enjoying quality time with their son as opposed to worrying about something as simple as gamerscore.
    I enjoy playing games with others. Just because I am not heavy into the achievements, does not mean I do not get anything out of TA. It is quite the opposite. I enjoy what I get out of TA, which is a ton of friends that I can play with at anytime. Gamerscore and completion percentage is not everything, at least to me. That is not to say I do not use achievements. I use them to extend my favorite games. But I won't game just for them. I would rather have friends that I can safely play online with, and if they happen to need help with an achievement then I am happy to help.
    If you are interested in getting to know me better check this page out: http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=1603699.
  • Chris8875Chris8875614,256
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 11:11
    Flyboy - my attitude to this game is similar to your (great attitude). I have a four year old son who has loved FGN games in the past - most likely look at getting this again - even if it is just to laugh together at Mr Potato Head
  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 12:07
    Anthropo-wha?
    HappyCampersII
  • NickHawkeyeNickHawkeye189,440
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 14:10
    seeing how kinect is integrated might be fun...having a lot of games that already exist in this franchise is the only thing that kinda worries me but looks like they are at least different variations on it. will withhold judgment until it comes out

    As far as this site goes even if you don't know what achievements are there still a ton of great information. (all the news stories) and this is the only place I know of where you can post a session for a specific game and have your friends be able to find and join them no matter what times zone they are in.
  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 15:55
    Flyboy80498 said:
    connectmeplease said:
    Flyboy80498 said:
    I know I will take some heat for this, but honestly I do not give a flying shart. I love the Family Game Night games. I have an 11 year old son who loves to sit down and play board games and XBox games. These FGN games are a wonderful game to sit down and have fun with my son with. They offer so many variables to the games also. Each game they put in the game, they have the original edition and a decently thought out new version. Both of them can be customized to how you want to play. While I understand this does not appeal to hardcore do you want some more gamers, it appeals to families and casual gamers. I will be buying FGN4 and my son and I will enjoy it. The achievements, any achievements are not important to me. I do not play games for them. If you do, and that is your bag, good for you. However, there are many of us that don't and many families will like this game. My family is one of them.
    Man, i hope you don't get flack, because it sounds like you got a pretty good life goin on there. With the exception of wondering why you are on this site, since you don' care about achievements,I can't see anyone giving flack to someone enjoying quality time with their son as opposed to worrying about something as simple as gamerscore.
    I enjoy playing games with others. Just because I am not heavy into the achievements, does not mean I do not get anything out of TA. It is quite the opposite. I enjoy what I get out of TA, which is a ton of friends that I can play with at anytime. Gamerscore and completion percentage is not everything, at least to me. That is not to say I do not use achievements. I use them to extend my favorite games. But I won't game just for them. I would rather have friends that I can safely play online with, and if they happen to need help with an achievement then I am happy to help.
    I do enjoy achievements and so on, but this site does offer more than achievements. The gaming news is really great on here, and I lvoe the friend feed and so forth. Definitely enjoy achievement hunting too though, but I understand what your saying, just thought I'd add a few other features this site is huge on. I use it for a lot more than just achievements, although achievements are great smile

    Anyways... I love game shows, never watched this one though, and it seems more aimed at children, and I don't have a kinect... Maybe something my 10 yr old brother would enjoy, and something I wouldn't mind playing with him... but we'll see I guess.
  • WackyboxerWackyboxer517,920
    Posted on 29 September 11 at 17:06
    Flyboy80498 said:
    I know I will take some heat for this, but honestly I do not give a flying shart. I love the Family Game Night games. I have an 11 year old son who loves to sit down and play board games and XBox games. These FGN games are a wonderful game to sit down and have fun with my son with. They offer so many variables to the games also. Each game they put in the game, they have the original edition and a decently thought out new version. Both of them can be customized to how you want to play. While I understand this does not appeal to hardcore do you want some more gamers, it appeals to families and casual gamers. I will be buying FGN4 and my son and I will enjoy it. The achievements, any achievements are not important to me. I do not play games for them. If you do, and that is your bag, good for you. However, there are many of us that don't and many families will like this game. My family is one of them.
    What an excellent attitude! I'll admit that I'm an achievement whore, but I also love the FGN games because it's something that my wife will play (I'm always searching for something that she'll like) and I'm also looking forward to playing them with my granddaughters when they are old enough to get the concept (I've had a 360 controller in the 2 year old's hands for about a year now).
  • Posted on 29 September 11 at 18:47
    Muzzer 7 said:
    Yahtzee? again? Might be a rental if the achievements are half decent. FGN3 was boring
    CRAZE KILER said:
    I hated part 3 so there is little chance I will play this.
    I agree with these 2. Part 3 was dull and the games weren't as fun as the original. Hopefully this will be more entertaining
  • Posted on 30 September 11 at 01:41
    Wonder what different board games will be in this one.
    Seems like they are running out of the good ones. =(
  • DeathGuard 123DeathGuard 1231,471,986
    Posted on 30 September 11 at 13:59
    Smurfquake said:
    Wonder what different board games will be in this one.
    Seems like they are running out of the good ones. =(
    Why would you wonder that when the games are named in the article you just replied to?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.