Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: November 13th, 2012

• Posted on 13 November 12 at 21:54
    Feared American said:
    Because you are asking this I would say you are not familiar with Magic in the first place, which is a really good thing. Avoid both games at all costs. They are only for Magic nerds(sorry: fans). I regret playing the first Magic DotPotty or whatever it's called.
    laugh

Heaven forbid people have hobbies.
    Your starry eyes, will never make us even.
  • NightmareEXNightmareEX586,744
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 21:54
    why not dlc of magic the gathering 1? :(
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator216,847
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:11
    Sonic Free Riders should have been 50% more off to beat retail price.
  • troyoytroyoy898,401
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:25
    I will buy all that I don`t have already. $5 is a sweet deal on a $10 game.
  • Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:41
    Everybody who hasn't buy Catan best 400 you will ever spend. What a gem of an arcade game!
  • Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:45
    Action puzzle games ftw! Never expected to see those games I have not owned yet, but now it is time for me to own these on this week's deal.
  • Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:50
    I thought DOTW changed on Wednesday? I forgot to buy Guardian Heroes.

Sad panda. :(
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney503,023
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 22:54
    nothing but a bunch of shit
    MizerisMoney
  • EffordEfford740,103
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 23:02
    nothing this week
  • Otouto72Otouto721,527,839
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 23:15
    Why's the DLC for Puzzle Quest untouched. =S
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje407,656
    Posted on 13 November 12 at 23:35
    Lots of people here saying they'll go for Puzzle Quest 2.
    Do know that, compared to the great Puzzle Quest 1, PQ2 is a big, big letdown.
    Gone is the story, the music, the vibrant colors, the freedom in customization of your skills, and most particularly, the fun!
    The first area in PQ2 is still interesting, but after that you'll feel yourself wishing you'll get through the game as fast as possible: nothing to keep you entertained. Just BIG areas with SOOOO many battles. Battles that become way too easy WAY too soon (only the green dragon poses a serious challenge).
    The monster art is pretty cool though, I'll give it that.
    Everything else is a big disappointment. It's playable...but not fun...at all.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,419,155
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 00:09, Edited on 14 November 12 at 00:09 by Ahayzo
    Catan, Carcassonne, and DotP for $15? Count me in!
  • VegaDark541VegaDark541346,183
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 00:54
    ixnay37 said:
    Puzzle Quest 1 is on sale, but not its expansion, argh.
    I was waiting until after black friday deals to pick up the DLC for this, just in the .0001% chance it will be on sale....was initially stoked to see it on DOTW only to realize the DLC is not on sale.

Definitely picking up Puzzle Quest 2. Maybe 1 or 2 of the others.
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,819
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 01:41
    Crimson Drifter said:
    WTF why no DLC for Puzzle Quest!? I've been waiting forever and refuse to pay 800msp for it.

Besides that, I will probably only pick up PQ2, not interested in the rest...
    THIS.
    Has the DLC ever been on sale? I know for sure it hasn't since I have had an Xbox. Got really excited to see the Puzzle Quest games on sale this morning, only to then read on and discover there's no PQ1 DLC still cry

Thinking about grabbing PQ2, although I have already played and finished it on WP...
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • Posted on 14 November 12 at 01:54
    I think it may have been on sale once, years ago. Although I could be thinking of the game itself??? not too sure...
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • CDNPunishr76CDNPunishr76256,133
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 02:32
    All the Games On Demand prices are a joke, they are trying to make the issue of digital gaming, but the prices are ridiculous, most of the games are only $5-$10 in any store, and yet they are selling them for $20+. The Game store really has to drop drastically as there are to many items that are old and getting dated selling for top dollar, ive been waiting for ages for some to come down, and yet they never do, and why when we get a sale there are only like 5-6 items, they have thousands in the library.
    Bernard "Pei Punishers" Pyke
  • Iceman2pnt0Iceman2pnt0338,254
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 07:08
    Masterpasje said:
    Lots of people here saying they'll go for Puzzle Quest 2.
    Do know that, compared to the great Puzzle Quest 1, PQ2 is a big, big letdown.
    Gone is the story, the music, the vibrant colors, the freedom in customization of your skills, and most particularly, the fun!
    The first area in PQ2 is still interesting, but after that you'll feel yourself wishing you'll get through the game as fast as possible: nothing to keep you entertained. Just BIG areas with SOOOO many battles. Battles that become way too easy WAY too soon (only the green dragon poses a serious challenge).
    The monster art is pretty cool though, I'll give it that.
    Everything else is a big disappointment. It's playable...but not fun...at all.
    I remember being disappointed when I played the demo when it first came out (having played and LOVED the first game). But for $5 I think it'll be worth the plunge. Hopefully we can someday get a PQ3 that is good as or better than the 1st. Also, to echo everyone else, put the damn DLC for the first game on sale!
  • ArenazombieArenazombie272,866
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 08:02
    Karnul said:
    The old MtG:DotP games are actually just older, unfinished, buggier versions of the current release.
    I still think the 2012 is the best of the bunch. It has a broader range of decks and Archenemy mode.
    I think the decks in 2013 are laid out too much on one tactic.
  • LonesquiffLonesquiff565,327
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 13:33
    Catan is a great game if you haven't played it before. Achv-wise it is straightforward. The only time consuming one is acquiring 1000 victory points, which can be easily boosted.
  • marklynxmarklynx2,110,450
    Posted on 14 November 12 at 14:18
    Again?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.