Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket to Include Free DLC

  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:52Permalink
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    what exactly are in these packs out of curiosity ?
    Usually you get a selection of players for your team, contracts so your players can play more matches, injury cards to heal your players if they get injured, fitness cards to improve the players performance, kits and badges which represent real life football teams and usually on the odd occasion you get coins and free packs from them also.
    What ? you have to pay for that ? omg laugh thats just crazy
    Not necessarily you can earn coins from playing matches which can then be used in online auctions to obtain them also. People tend to buy packs in the hope of gettings players such as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo who are ridiculously expensive to purchase with coins.
    so you can get these things in the game without the pass, so i guess its like the weapon skins on gears 3
    Pretty much yes. But as I previously said people buy packs in the hope of getting someone who costs a lot of coins normally in-game but the chances of that are usually a billion to one so its a no hoper XD
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:53Permalink
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    GO HERE TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH MORE TAX YOU WOULD PAY UNDER ROMNEYS PLAN. http://www.barackobama.com/tax-calculator/
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:55Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    If you get it second hand from gamefly then you would also need to purchase the online pass to access all multiplayer features. Unfortunately you do not get an online pass code with the EA Sports season ticket which is a shame. I guess EA just want to take even more money :D
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:56Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    Used EA games all require Online Pass, and this Season Ticket program doesn't grant an Online Pass, so yeah they're separate. But why buy Season Ticket if you aren't going to own the game anyways?
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:57Permalink
    One big meh
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 August 12 at 15:59Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    what exactly are in these packs out of curiosity ?
    Usually you get a selection of players for your team, contracts so your players can play more matches, injury cards to heal your players if they get injured, fitness cards to improve the players performance, kits and badges which represent real life football teams and usually on the odd occasion you get coins and free packs from them also.
    What ? you have to pay for that ? omg laugh thats just crazy
    Not necessarily you can earn coins from playing matches which can then be used in online auctions to obtain them also. People tend to buy packs in the hope of gettings players such as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo who are ridiculously expensive to purchase with coins.
    so you can get these things in the game without the pass, so i guess its like the weapon skins on gears 3
    Pretty much yes. But as I previously said people buy packs in the hope of getting someone who costs a lot of coins normally in-game but the chances of that are usually a billion to one so its a no hoper XD
    its prob like that so people keep trying and paying more, it would be better if they done packs telling you which players with them with set players to specific packs

    NawtyCawty said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    what exactly are in these packs out of curiosity ?
    Usually you get a selection of players for your team, contracts so your players can play more matches, injury cards to heal your players if they get injured, fitness cards to improve the players performance, kits and badges which represent real life football teams and usually on the odd occasion you get coins and free packs from them also.
    What ? you have to pay for that ? omg laugh thats just crazy
    So is paying for every bit of shitty launch day DLC, costumes, weapons, crappy MP levels, usless car packs etc etc. But we all still do lol
    I know it really is bizarre isnt it. The only game i have done it for was Dead Space 2 but other than that i try go for things that are campaign oriented rather than weapons etc

    A good deal is like in borderlands where you get more game play and extra weapons , i guess these packs would be a bit more like that than the weapon skins i referred to earlier since you are getting more than one thing out of it
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:00Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    Used EA games all require Online Pass, and this Season Ticket program doesn't grant an Online Pass, so yeah they're separate. But why buy Season Ticket if you aren't going to own the game anyways?
    Yeah I agree I wouldn't buy the season ticket if your not going to buy the game. Its only worth the money if you purchase the retail version on release because of the amount of card packs you get which essentially add to the deal in a good way.
  • SrfsmurfSrfsmurf387,511
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:01Permalink
    Is it just me or is EA getting desperate?
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:02Permalink
    Srfsmurf said:
    Is it just me or is EA getting desperate?
    They want your money its as simple as that, as long as they have your money they are happy bunnies.
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:02Permalink
    Srfsmurf said:
    Is it just me or is EA getting desperate?
    EA is the number one dev/pub in the world, financially. Desperate isn't the word.
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:04Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    Srfsmurf said:
    Is it just me or is EA getting desperate?
    EA is the number one dev/pub in the world, financially. Desperate isn't the word.
    More crafty than desperate, that's why they introduced the need to purchase online passes with second hand copies in the first place.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:08Permalink
    oh they are still desperate that is for sure, they will not be happy until they have bought over every single gaming company and become the sole publisher on the market, look at their tactics to buy over 2K

    At first they went to 2Kbut when 2K said no they went to their share holders instead , sneaky and very dirty
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:12Permalink
    WTF Left 4 Dead 2 DLC doesn't have achievements fuck that I am not going to buy it because I only play games for achievements and to write really long sentences without full stops but CAPITALISE certain words for people to read my thread when scanning wall of piss and moan about news WTF You pay exactly the same as last year but get some UT packs extra across a few games that can help you build a good team if you play ultimate team WTF I am not buying it unless there is an online pass in my ass when I fart
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,579
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:13Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    Srfsmurf said:
    Is it just me or is EA getting desperate?
    They want your money its as simple as that, as long as they have your money they are happy bunnies.
    Wow a company wanting to make money. Perish the thought.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:18Permalink
    Jalalabad CBoy said:
    WTF Left 4 Dead 2 DLC doesn't have achievements fuck that I am not going to buy it because I only play games for achievements and to write really long sentences without full stops but CAPITALISE certain words for people to read my thread when scanning wall of piss and moan about news WTF You pay exactly the same as last year but get some UT packs extra across a few games that can help you build a good team if you play ultimate team WTF I am not buying it unless there is an online pass in my ass when I fart
    Well at least you are honest laugh
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny984,568
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:28Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    Used EA games all require Online Pass, and this Season Ticket program doesn't grant an Online Pass, so yeah they're separate. But why buy Season Ticket if you aren't going to own the game anyways?
    Yeah I agree I wouldn't buy the season ticket if your not going to buy the game. Its only worth the money if you purchase the retail version on release because of the amount of card packs you get which essentially add to the deal in a good way.
    What you get in the Season Ticket depends on the game. Last year Madden Early Access DID NOT give access to UT, but some of the other games did. Also, when you get to download it vaires by region, with the minimum being 3 1/2 days (was 3 days, but they started letting you get time to actually download the large file the evening before the "first" day). FIFA was only a week in Europe, I believe (I know it wasn't available in the US that early).

    The season ticket actually does let you play online, but you are on a different set of servers. With NCAA 13 the online features were active, but didn't reflect reviewers or people who got copies prior to street date who were playing the actual retail version.

    Other than the fact that this version of Madden has 12 online achvs, I have found it much more affordable (achv-wise) to have the season ticket and RENT the retail games (this year Madden is in the Red Box)...usually the online pass has a 48 hour trial, so knocking out the online/ MUT achvs quick keeps that extra $10 in your pocket.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,205,769
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:31, Edited on 06 August 12 at 16:31 by Chunkeh MunkehPermalink
    Thanks for the info both smile
    Message me if you want to be part of my random stats in my blog
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:36Permalink
    Look at the games people got early access to last year: Madden, NHL, FIFA, FIFA Street, SSX, Grand Slam Tennis, Tiger Woods, NCAA
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:38Permalink
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    xStuuPify said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    I REALLY NEED THIS QUESTION ANSWERED.......

    Will madden 13 cost $10 to play online if you gamefly it?
    IF SO, will this $25 thing give that multiplayer access?

    If not, that's stupid.
    Used EA games all require Online Pass, and this Season Ticket program doesn't grant an Online Pass, so yeah they're separate. But why buy Season Ticket if you aren't going to own the game anyways?
    Yeah I agree I wouldn't buy the season ticket if your not going to buy the game. Its only worth the money if you purchase the retail version on release because of the amount of card packs you get which essentially add to the deal in a good way.
    What you get in the Season Ticket depends on the game. Last year Madden Early Access DID NOT give access to UT, but some of the other games did. Also, when you get to download it vaires by region, with the minimum being 3 1/2 days (was 3 days, but they started letting you get time to actually download the large file the evening before the "first" day). FIFA was only a week in Europe, I believe (I know it wasn't available in the US that early).

    The season ticket actually does let you play online, but you are on a different set of servers. With NCAA 13 the online features were active, but didn't reflect reviewers or people who got copies prior to street date who were playing the actual retail version.

    Other than the fact that this version of Madden has 12 online achvs, I have found it much more affordable (achv-wise) to have the season ticket and RENT the retail games (this year Madden is in the Red Box)...usually the online pass has a 48 hour trial, so knocking out the online/ MUT achvs quick keeps that extra $10 in your pocket.
    Good thoughts on the 48 hr trial.

    For those asking why buy the pass if you don't own.... Why not?
    Gamefly allows you to keep a game as long as you want.

    I still have ghost recon and had it since it came out.

    The season pass is worth it for me IF I also get ncaa14 and tiger.
    Which I may.
    GO HERE TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH MORE TAX YOU WOULD PAY UNDER ROMNEYS PLAN. http://www.barackobama.com/tax-calculator/
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,205,769
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:44Permalink
    One other question from the ppl in the know...can only the GT that downloads the digital copy of the game pre-release play the game before the release date or is it the same as any other digital download (any GT can play it so long as it's on the original console it was downloaded on).

    Reason for the question is both my wife and I like FIFA but don't want to purchase 2x Season passes unless we need to.
    Message me if you want to be part of my random stats in my blog
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.