Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket to Include Free DLC

• pezza888pezza888113,050
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:53Permalink
    Has anyone heard anything about FIFA 13s achievement list yet? I know maddens is out but any news on FIFA?
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,453
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:58Permalink
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:
    One other question from the ppl in the know...can only the GT that downloads the digital copy of the game pre-release play the game before the release date or is it the same as any other digital download (any GT can play it so long as it's on the original console it was downloaded on).

Reason for the question is both my wife and I like FIFA but don't want to purchase 2x Season passes unless we need to.
    Once it's downloaded it's just like any other DRM on the 360. Played Madden and FIFA on my profile, and my brother played as well. I don't know if you could download it a secod time, but definitely works on the original console for any g/t.

Also, if you are buying the pass, it runs exactly one calendar year, so buy "smart". Last year I waited until Madden early access to buy the pass, and mine still runs through the early access of Madden 13 (expires the last day). So my pass gave me access to Madden 12, FIFA 12, NHL 12, FIFA Street (never played retail version), TW (passed), NCAA 13, and Madden 13. If they added SSX as a bonus I missed it.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Nighthawk205Nighthawk205322,921
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 16:58Permalink
    pezza888 said:
    Has anyone heard anything about FIFA 13s achievement list yet? I know maddens is out but any news on FIFA?
    As far as I can tell, they haven't been released or leaked yet.
  • NicmcconnellNicmcconnell216,121
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 17:40Permalink
    paddycfc22 said:
    Cant wait to play FIFA 13. Here's hoping the rangers scum aren't in it laughlaugh
    App they not in it - as a gers fan i will still get this even with out them tho i have heard many Rangers fans saying they wont get it which is crazy!
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 17:48Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    what exactly are in these packs out of curiosity ?
    Usually you get a selection of players for your team, contracts so your players can play more matches, injury cards to heal your players if they get injured, fitness cards to improve the players performance, kits and badges which represent real life football teams and usually on the odd occasion you get coins and free packs from them also.
    What ? you have to pay for that ? omg laugh thats just crazy
    Not necessarily you can earn coins from playing matches which can then be used in online auctions to obtain them also. People tend to buy packs in the hope of gettings players such as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo who are ridiculously expensive to purchase with coins.
    so you can get these things in the game without the pass, so i guess its like the weapon skins on gears 3
    Pretty much yes. But as I previously said people buy packs in the hope of getting someone who costs a lot of coins normally in-game but the chances of that are usually a billion to one so its a no hoper XD
    I will use NHL as an example.

I wouldn't say the card packs are like weapons skins at all. The whole point to ultimate team is the thrill of hockey/sport card collecting. Just like in real life you could go to a hockey card store and buy individuals for more (the games have an auction area for that), or you would just buy a sealed pack from the store and hope that you get that rare one that no one else has. Ie Gretzky's rookie card in real life is at least 900 dollars and has been sold for as much 62 thousand dollars, so if you bought the random pack that has it there..

Each player has statistics so there will be a noticible difference between a Wayne Gretzky and a WHL player, so this in itself is different than a weapons skin because a weapons skin doesn't make the weapon better when you go to use it.

To give you an idea, you can earn EA pucks by playing matches. You get typically 600 a match depending on how you do and how well rated the team you are going against. (more for online matches than vs cpu) You can enter tournaments vs cpu, or online tournaments and there is a prize like 1500 pucks sort of thing.

The packs range from 400 pucks for a starter pack(might contain contract extensions, heal cards and a couple minor leaguers) to 7000 pucks for a pack with a couple guaranteed rares. When the game is newish, they usually have sales as well.(I am going on memory but it gives you an idea of the proportion to how much you earn per game)

If you go to the auction, people will typically post an average player for 250-400 pucks, a star or popular players 5000 to 20000, and a player like gretzky for 100,000 pucks.

You can also buy packs for ms points for 80-240 points for packs.(I never have because you can buy decent enough packs after playing through a cpu tournament with earned pucks)

Players also have a number remaining for their career so older players might have 40 games total where young players might have over 100-150, and all have contract lengths which you use contract cards to be able to actively play them. Ie. 5 game contract. You can also get some cards that add to their stats.

Rather than weapons skins, I would say the closest is Mass Effects multiplayer, or games like Magic the gathering the physical card game(I don't think the video game allows you to get packs of cards thru random)

Anyway, I haven't bought packs with ms points but I found the mode pretty entertaining because it does offer that thrill of getting the big card. I got pretty decent cards and found some not bad deals on the auctions when I needed. Some people slam that mode because they don't start with some superstar type team(which I think would defeat the mode) as it requires a fair amount of time and patience to acquire that ultimate team, especially since your cards become consumed. If they showed what you would get in a pack, it also would defeat the mode because a lot of it is the thrill of opening the pack just like the old days with the real cards. The bonus over real cards, is you get to use those players now.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 12 at 17:50Permalink
    may I have a portion of the funds deemed acceptable refunded to my account once your servers close?
  • pezza888pezza888113,050
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 17:53Permalink
    Nighthawk205 said:
    pezza888 said:
    As far as I can tell, they haven't been released or leaked yet.
    Oh ok I'll keep a lookout smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 12 at 18:13Permalink
    DisneyPrez said:
    may I have a portion of the funds deemed acceptable refunded to my account once your servers close?
    You need to pay extra for that
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 12 at 18:20Permalink
    Chakaal Starr said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    Usually you get a selection of players for your team, contracts so your players can play more matches, injury cards to heal your players if they get injured, fitness cards to improve the players performance, kits and badges which represent real life football teams and usually on the odd occasion you get coins and free packs from them also.
    Not necessarily you can earn coins from playing matches which can then be used in online auctions to obtain them also. People tend to buy packs in the hope of gettings players such as Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo who are ridiculously expensive to purchase with coins.
    so you can get these things in the game without the pass, so i guess its like the weapon skins on gears 3
    Pretty much yes. But as I previously said people buy packs in the hope of getting someone who costs a lot of coins normally in-game but the chances of that are usually a billion to one so its a no hoper XD
    I will use NHL as an example.

I wouldn't say the card packs are like weapons skins at all. The whole point to ultimate team is the thrill of hockey/sport card collecting. Just like in real life you could go to a hockey card store and buy individuals for more (the games have an auction area for that), or you would just buy a sealed pack from the store and hope that you get that rare one that no one else has. Ie Gretzky's rookie card in real life is at least 900 dollars and has been sold for as much 62 thousand dollars, so if you bought the random pack that has it there..

Each player has statistics so there will be a noticible difference between a Wayne Gretzky and a WHL player, so this in itself is different than a weapons skin because a weapons skin doesn't make the weapon better when you go to use it.

To give you an idea, you can earn EA pucks by playing matches. You get typically 600 a match depending on how you do and how well rated the team you are going against. (more for online matches than vs cpu) You can enter tournaments vs cpu, or online tournaments and there is a prize like 1500 pucks sort of thing.

The packs range from 400 pucks for a starter pack(might contain contract extensions, heal cards and a couple minor leaguers) to 7000 pucks for a pack with a couple guaranteed rares. When the game is newish, they usually have sales as well.(I am going on memory but it gives you an idea of the proportion to how much you earn per game)

If you go to the auction, people will typically post an average player for 250-400 pucks, a star or popular players 5000 to 20000, and a player like gretzky for 100,000 pucks.

You can also buy packs for ms points for 80-240 points for packs.(I never have because you can buy decent enough packs after playing through a cpu tournament with earned pucks)

Players also have a number remaining for their career so older players might have 40 games total where young players might have over 100-150, and all have contract lengths which you use contract cards to be able to actively play them. Ie. 5 game contract. You can also get some cards that add to their stats.

Rather than weapons skins, I would say the closest is Mass Effects multiplayer, or games like Magic the gathering the physical card game(I don't think the video game allows you to get packs of cards thru random)

Anyway, I haven't bought packs with ms points but I found the mode pretty entertaining because it does offer that thrill of getting the big card. I got pretty decent cards and found some not bad deals on the auctions when I needed. Some people slam that mode because they don't start with some superstar type team(which I think would defeat the mode) as it requires a fair amount of time and patience to acquire that ultimate team, especially since your cards become consumed. If they showed what you would get in a pack, it also would defeat the mode because a lot of it is the thrill of opening the pack just like the old days with the real cards. The bonus over real cards, is you get to use those players now.
    Thanks for the full explanation smile

Jalalabad CBoy said:
    DisneyPrez said:
    You need to pay extra for that
    PMSL laugh
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 18:29Permalink
    So...the it's one Season Pass for all those games? I'll probably only own NHL 13, so it's too pricey for me.
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,238,577
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 18:49Permalink
    I love everybody asking what's included in the packs, clearly never playing sports games, giving their absolutely useless opinion on the subject.

If you really enjoy sports games, and play Ultimate Team modes? This is an absolute steal. You get to play the game a few days before everyone else (which is awesome in itself) plus you get the UT benefits right off the bat, essentially saving you a lot of time and energy building your team with scrubs.

As someone who has spent money on NHL HUT packs, this is pretty awesome to me. I also play Madden and Tiger Woods, so the value is better than some of these seasons passes... that's for sure.
    Nothing is true - everything is permitted.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 August 12 at 18:58Permalink
    xDAx AWESOME said:
    I love everybody asking what's included in the packs, clearly never playing sports games, giving their absolutely useless opinion on the subject.

If you really enjoy sports games, and play Ultimate Team modes? This is an absolute steal. You get to play the game a few days before everyone else (which is awesome in itself) plus you get the UT benefits right off the bat, essentially saving you a lot of time and energy building your team with scrubs.

As someone who has spent money on NHL HUT packs, this is pretty awesome to me. I also play Madden and Tiger Woods, so the value is better than some of these seasons passes... that's for sure.
    We love you too, no honestly i mean it.....
  • FNL 4EVAFNL 4EVA221,478
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 19:14Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    xStuuPify said:
    mitchcraft1980 said:
    I know in madden 12 and 11 i had to end up spending over $100 usd total on that UT crap. No not to get new players but they make it so you had to buy packs to get contract extensions or you have to sell or destroy or put in album if good enough then use a crappier player most times to take his spot cause his contract is gone. The worst part is EA made it so most people spend money cause people end up with not enough people cards in that position cause there contracts expired so people had to spend MSP to buy new packs of cards to get replacement players or 1 contract card per pack. I will never buy a pack again i spent to much on that junk yes it was fun but paying money for a game the servers go down is a joke. They keep adding more pay stuff but not delaying the server shutdowns.

I wont go heavy into details why i think EA cons people into spending MSP on this stuff. Gimmicks and Gimmicks UT should of been free packs you can buy ingame currency for playing good games throughout all modes then i would be a huge fan! But the way it is sucks.. Hockey was more fun and soccer was cool to but madden was the only one i had to actually keep buying packs with real money to keep my UT able to play at all.
  • KSU BIGMIKEKSU BIGMIKE381,076
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 19:23Permalink
    Great lower the price of the games and they might have a deal?
    Its all about the rip'n and the Tear'n
  • HeartworksHeartworks356,413
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 20:59Permalink
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like you get all the packs in one go.

" ULTIMATE TEAM PACKS PROVIDED IN CONSECUTIVE WEEKLY INCREMENTS ONCE ACTIVATED. ULTIMATE TEAM PACKS MUST BE DOWNLOADED FROM WITHIN GAME STOREFRONT EACH WEEK AND WILL EXPIRE 7 DAYS AFTER EACH PACK IS OFFERED. FAILURE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE THE PACK IN ANY GIVEN WEEK WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THAT WEEK'S PACK OFFERING."

taken from http://www.easports.com/seasonticket (& also forgive me for the caps from the copy paste).
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 21:03Permalink
    I saw this coming.
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 21:37Permalink
    Nice, but i`m out of sports every year and closed lobby !!!
  • Posted on 06 August 12 at 22:33Permalink
    Heartworks said:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but it doesn't sound like you get all the packs in one go.

" ULTIMATE TEAM PACKS PROVIDED IN CONSECUTIVE WEEKLY INCREMENTS ONCE ACTIVATED. ULTIMATE TEAM PACKS MUST BE DOWNLOADED FROM WITHIN GAME STOREFRONT EACH WEEK AND WILL EXPIRE 7 DAYS AFTER EACH PACK IS OFFERED. FAILURE TO DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE THE PACK IN ANY GIVEN WEEK WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THAT WEEK'S PACK OFFERING."

taken from http://www.easports.com/seasonticket (& also forgive me for the caps from the copy paste).
    Ok that would be REALLY REALLY REALLY LAME!
    GO HERE TO CALCULATE HOW MUCH MORE TAX YOU WOULD PAY UNDER ROMNEYS PLAN. http://www.barackobama.com/tax-calculator/
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,062,887
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 22:44Permalink
    EA Sports continues to move away from gaming and towards revenue stream generation.

Maybe if they made the whole thing a subscription model it would make sense, but trying to do both yearly retail and ongoing subscription seems silly to me.
  • TheStuBeechTheStuBeech363,822
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 23:13, Edited on 07 August 12 at 00:02 by TheStuBeechPermalink
    Just thought I would confirm the early release dates as well as the final retail release dates as shown below:

Madden NFL 13 due to release on August 28th (early access on August 24th)
    NHL 13 launching on September 11th (early access on September 7th)
    FIFA 13, which is out on September 25th (early access on September 21st).

This means early access will be available (according to KP ScuzzyBunny) from 5pm EST on the first day till 10am on the launch day

These dates are accurate for the US , the UK dates will differ.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.