Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

EA SPORTS Season Ticket to Include Free DLC

• ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny983,499
    Posted on 06 August 12 at 23:57Permalink
    xStuuPify said:
    Just thought I would confirm the early release dates as well as the final retail release dates as shown below:

Madden NFL 13 due to release on August 28th (early access on August 24th)
    NHL 13 launching on September 11th (early access on September 7th)
    FIFA 13, which is out on September 25th (early access on September 21st).

This means early access will be available 4 days prior to retail releases.

These dates are accurate for the US , the UK dates will differ.
    It's usually around 5pm EST on that 1st "day"...and runs till about 10am the launch day, so not literally "4 days" (for anyone without it that is curious), but usually plenty of time to knock out a very nice chunk!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • TheStuBeechTheStuBeech364,157
    Posted on 07 August 12 at 00:00, Edited on 07 August 12 at 00:07 by TheStuBeechPermalink
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    xStuuPify said:
    Just thought I would confirm the early release dates as well as the final retail release dates as shown below:

Madden NFL 13 due to release on August 28th (early access on August 24th)
    NHL 13 launching on September 11th (early access on September 7th)
    FIFA 13, which is out on September 25th (early access on September 21st).

This means early access will be available 4 days prior to retail releases.

These dates are accurate for the US , the UK dates will differ.
    It's usually around 5pm EST on that 1st "day"...and runs till about 10am the launch day, so not literally "4 days" (for anyone without it that is curious), but usually plenty of time to knock out a very nice chunk!
    I'll change the post now thanks for your concern.

Its worth noting that my FIFA Street early access in the UK ran out at midnight in the UK on launch day which is around about 5-6am US time if i'm not mistaken.

No confirmed times have been made yet so the best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the EA Sports website
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 01:31Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    This is a nice deal for those who like Ultimate Team, but I have no interest in that mode. When Season Ticket came out last year, I was disappointed at how little content there was for the price. This makes it better, but again, only if you play UT.
    Yeah, I actually thought it would be decent DLC, not several !@#$%^&* Ultimate Team card packs.

#$$%%^*&@ EA... angry
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 03:31, Edited on 07 August 12 at 03:41 by Chakaal StarrPermalink
    FNL 4EVA said:
    [
    I know in madden 12 and 11 i had to end up spending over $100 usd total on that UT crap. No not to get new players but they make it so you had to buy packs to get contract extensions or you have to sell or destroy or put in album if good enough then use a crappier player most times to take his spot cause his contract is gone. The worst part is EA made it so most people spend money cause people end up with not enough people cards in that position cause there contracts expired so people had to spend MSP to buy new packs of cards to get replacement players or 1 contract card per pack. I will never buy a pack again i spent to much on that junk yes it was fun but paying money for a game the servers go down is a joke. They keep adding more pay stuff but not delaying the server shutdowns.

I wont go heavy into details why i think EA cons people into spending MSP on this stuff. Gimmicks and Gimmicks UT should of been free packs you can buy ingame currency for playing good games throughout all modes then i would be a huge fan! But the way it is sucks.. Hockey was more fun and soccer was cool to but madden was the only one i had to actually keep buying packs with real money to keep my UT able to play at all.
    I never ran into issues keeping my players active in NHL HUT, theoretically the concept should be the same in Madden. It was all about managing your deck to me, saving your big contracts for your top couple lines, and rotating cards if needed in the third and fourth. If the contract ran out, and I didn't have enough points, you just put some nobody in for a couple games and that would give you enough to get a starter pack, which almost always had multiple contract cards. I never found it worthwhile buying contracts from auction unless it was 20 games for 200 points.(pucks for NHL). If I didn't have enough for a pack, I would grab an average NHLer from auction for 150 who had a number of games left on his contract and put him on the third or fourth line, a couple games later buy a starter pack and put my better player back in.

I haven't played Madden's UT, but I can't imagine the theory being that different because even if you play against a couple crappy computer teams with your bum players, that should be enough to replenish contracts if Madden UT is set up anywhere similarly to NHLs. That is unless you managed so poorly to wind up with no spares at all and entire lines of contracts expiring at the same time, but you would really to work to be in that situation. Half the fun of Ultimate Team is micromanagement, but even if you lose you have enough to buy a couple players from auction with 10 or more game contracts.

Have any games with Ultimate Team on them actually had servers shut down? Last time I checked NHL 11, the HUT auctions were pretty active still. You would think that if it is generating money from card pack sales that might motivate the servers remaining open. I don't know when Madden and Fifa introduced theres so it would be interesting to know which ones have been turned off since that is a concern of yours.
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 03:36Permalink
    FinderKeeper said:
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    This is a nice deal for those who like Ultimate Team, but I have no interest in that mode. When Season Ticket came out last year, I was disappointed at how little content there was for the price. This makes it better, but again, only if you play UT.
    Yeah, I actually thought it would be decent DLC, not several !@#$%^&* Ultimate Team card packs.

#$$%%^*&@ EA... angry
    What other DLC do they offer? There is the Be A player bonuses that you can buy if you don't want to unlock them, but I see HUT as probably being the most enticing DLC that would overlap in most games. Tiger woods golf courses is the other thing I guess, but that is only 1 of the games covered by the pass.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 August 12 at 05:57Permalink
    Just saying this is the same as madden 12facepalm
    ........................sad nerds
  • o S0LIDUS oo S0LIDUS o448,467
    Posted on 07 August 12 at 16:25Permalink
    EA offering something for free? Quick! Someone pinch me, I'm have a nightmare!!!
    You must exclude one thing in order to obtain another.
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 16:25Permalink
    So is it best to pre-order the ultimate edition OR to get the season pass that comes with free packs?

Or can you have both, getting double the free packs?
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 17:17Permalink
    Darken81 said:
    EA offering something for free? Quick! Someone pinch me, I'm have a nightmare!!!
    They offer free things quite regularly, so you must have nightmares a lot.

For Mass Effect 3, there were several free multiplayer maps and the revised ending DLC. There was also some free card packs in ME3 for event weekends, and just the other day in NHL 12 I had a free HUT pack of 3 cards sitting in the card shop.

There is also a lot of stuff like the cross game free armor and weapons for trying demos or having one of their other games. For example, I got some great weapons in Kingdoms of Amalur(some knives based on the blade shepard has) because I tried the ME3 demo. I also got some dragon armour in ME2 because of a code that was included with Dragon Age. There was also some cross promotion with Dead Space as well.

There was free maps also thrown in for BF3. Some free dog tags in BF3 if you watched a preview for some movie. If you played BF3, it also gave you a free additional character class in ME3 multiplayer. In fact, many of their games include free DLC upon activation of the pass, such as ME2, ME3, Amalur, Need for Speed etc.

In Rockband they offered 20 free songs as well, if you followed some directions on the back of the instruction book. This even worked with used copies I think.
  • AxessAxess153,052
    Posted on 07 August 12 at 19:24, Edited on 07 August 12 at 19:26 by AxessPermalink
    Man I can't believe how much money they make off that Ultimate Team stuff. To each their own I guess. I played the mode for a bit and didn't really like it. I even put in some money >.>, got mad when I lost the cards because contracts ran out or whatever. Never touched the mode again after that.
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 19:43Permalink
    enzanblazer said:
    Man I can't believe how much money they make off that Ultimate Team stuff. To each their own I guess. I played the mode for a bit and didn't really like it. I even put in some money >.>, got mad when I lost the cards because contracts ran out or whatever. Never touched the mode again after that.
    I agree, a few of my friends pumped loads of money into FUT. I just traded and earned my coins that way, looks like FIFA 13 ultimate team will take a lot of my time up. 1000+ FUT online games on Fifa 12, I guess it'll probably be more of the same this year :)

I think I'll give the season pass a miss, I rarely play any other EA sports games other than FIFA. I doubt they'll release any DLC of FIFA 13 so just wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
  • TheStuBeechTheStuBeech364,157
    Posted on 07 August 12 at 19:59Permalink
    Chakaal Starr said:
    FNL 4EVA said:
    [
    I know in madden 12 and 11 i had to end up spending over $100 usd total on that UT crap. No not to get new players but they make it so you had to buy packs to get contract extensions or you have to sell or destroy or put in album if good enough then use a crappier player most times to take his spot cause his contract is gone. The worst part is EA made it so most people spend money cause people end up with not enough people cards in that position cause there contracts expired so people had to spend MSP to buy new packs of cards to get replacement players or 1 contract card per pack. I will never buy a pack again i spent to much on that junk yes it was fun but paying money for a game the servers go down is a joke. They keep adding more pay stuff but not delaying the server shutdowns.

I wont go heavy into details why i think EA cons people into spending MSP on this stuff. Gimmicks and Gimmicks UT should of been free packs you can buy ingame currency for playing good games throughout all modes then i would be a huge fan! But the way it is sucks.. Hockey was more fun and soccer was cool to but madden was the only one i had to actually keep buying packs with real money to keep my UT able to play at all.
    I never ran into issues keeping my players active in NHL HUT, theoretically the concept should be the same in Madden. It was all about managing your deck to me, saving your big contracts for your top couple lines, and rotating cards if needed in the third and fourth. If the contract ran out, and I didn't have enough points, you just put some nobody in for a couple games and that would give you enough to get a starter pack, which almost always had multiple contract cards. I never found it worthwhile buying contracts from auction unless it was 20 games for 200 points.(pucks for NHL). If I didn't have enough for a pack, I would grab an average NHLer from auction for 150 who had a number of games left on his contract and put him on the third or fourth line, a couple games later buy a starter pack and put my better player back in.

I haven't played Madden's UT, but I can't imagine the theory being that different because even if you play against a couple crappy computer teams with your bum players, that should be enough to replenish contracts if Madden UT is set up anywhere similarly to NHLs. That is unless you managed so poorly to wind up with no spares at all and entire lines of contracts expiring at the same time, but you would really to work to be in that situation. Half the fun of Ultimate Team is micromanagement, but even if you lose you have enough to buy a couple players from auction with 10 or more game contracts.

Have any games with Ultimate Team on them actually had servers shut down? Last time I checked NHL 11, the HUT auctions were pretty active still. You would think that if it is generating money from card pack sales that might motivate the servers remaining open. I don't know when Madden and Fifa introduced theres so it would be interesting to know which ones have been turned off since that is a concern of yours.
    FIFA 09 and FIFA 10 Ultimate Team was shut down along with the EA servers so online play is unavailable for those titles. As soon as FIFA 13 is released I can't see it being long until FIFA 11 servers and ultimate team are shut down as well.

FIFA introduced Ultimate Team in the 09 edition and NFL introduced theirs in the 11 edition.
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 20:35Permalink
    NawtyCawty said:

So is paying for every bit of shitty launch day DLC, costumes, weapons, skins, crappy MP levels and maps, usless car packs etc etc. But we all still do lol
    Don't say ALL!!
    I guess you meant "most of us still do" and I have to say, You're right, there!
    ...but being one of those who doesn't pay for every piece of crap and a few over-expensive gamerscore-points (neither do I appreciate DAy-1-DLC as it's just deducting something from the game to "gift" it as a "bonus" afterwards) I spend most of my time facepalming at most of you who DO spend money for packs, passes and other EA-money-milking-goddies! facepalm
    Don't open your eyes you won't like what you see! The blind have been blessed with security!
  • Srl KlrSrl Klr402,448
    Posted on 07 August 12 at 20:53, Edited on 07 August 12 at 21:01 by Srl KlrPermalink
    What a coincidence their 2 biggest ripoffs are bundled together season pass is nothing but a money grab same goes for UT. Does EA really not realize that this is part of the reason they were voted worst company who else would try to charge their consumers an extra 50 bucks a year to what...play games 3 days early and have discounts?

If EA had their way we would have to pay for the puck to play a hockey game.

Last bit of rage on this is now UT will be utterly unplayable because people who pre-order at Gamestop get 24 packs combine it with this and that's 48 packs anybody with 48 free packs of cards on UT is going to have a much better team than me. You see I will not pay for their season pass and there is no Gamestop/EB Games where I live.
    May 26, 2012 account hacked 3020 MS points spent in Fifa 12
  • Posted on 07 August 12 at 22:56Permalink
    Srl Klr said:
    Last bit of rage on this is now UT will be utterly unplayable because people who pre-order at Gamestop get 24 packs combine it with this and that's 48 packs anybody with 48 free packs of cards on UT is going to have a much better team than me. You see I will not pay for their season pass and there is no Gamestop/EB Games where I live.
    You have internet, so you have ebgames.ca where you live. They deliver really fast too, I have ordered from there before.

Aside from that, just start practising a bit. There are people that got the beat an NHL team with a WHL team legitimately you know. I don't think they got it by complaining how the other players had better teams than them.

If you don't jump online instantly and play a couple cpu tournaments and build a team with two good lines, you will do fine unless you totally suck because even if they have the strongest deck ever, they will salary cap. In fact if they put superstars on their 4th line, you should be laughing at them for wasting contracts of good cards like that.
  • Srl KlrSrl Klr402,448
    Posted on 08 August 12 at 01:09Permalink
    Chakaal Starr first off you are talking about an achievement in 11 which surprise surprise I happen to have legit. It's funny everytime you complain about something particularly in a sports game people are just like blah blah blah it's because you suck. Well no actually though you can build a decent team without spending money there are certain areas where someone can have a definite advantage 1 of those is in net.

Now NHL UT is not the worst money grabber that would go to Madden but everytime you load up and play an EA game there's always ads saying buy this to get better recruits, buy this to earn Xp 3x faster, buy this to have legends on your team etc, etc. Anyways before I go on too much of a rant my point is we used to all have the same game when we bought something now people who spend money get things, people who pre-order get things, special edition gets more. Point is I miss the days when everyone had the same game.

Also they personally ripped me off last year in NHL I had lost cards in my UT and then I bought packs of cards that I never got. I went through the proper channels and they did nothing to help me just gave me a discount at Origin?

1 Last thing check my game list before you accuse me of being anti EA I have bought every NHL and Madden since I owned a Sega Genesis and play a lot of EA titles.
  • Posted on 08 August 12 at 02:33Permalink
    Srl Klr said:
    Chakaal Starr first off you are talking about an achievement in 11 which surprise surprise I happen to have legit. It's funny everytime you complain about something particularly in a sports game people are just like blah blah blah it's because you suck. Well no actually though you can build a decent team without spending money there are certain areas where someone can have a definite advantage 1 of those is in net.

Now NHL UT is not the worst money grabber that would go to Madden but everytime you load up and play an EA game there's always ads saying buy this to get better recruits, buy this to earn Xp 3x faster, buy this to have legends on your team etc, etc. Anyways before I go on too much of a rant my point is we used to all have the same game when we bought something now people who spend money get things, people who pre-order get things, special edition gets more. Point is I miss the days when everyone had the same game.

Also they personally ripped me off last year in NHL I had lost cards in my UT and then I bought packs of cards that I never got. I went through the proper channels and they did nothing to help me just gave me a discount at Origin?

1 Last thing check my game list before you accuse me of being anti EA I have bought every NHL and Madden since I owned a Sega Genesis and play a lot of EA titles.
    You should note that I didn't say you sucked, I said that you should do fine with two solid lines unless you suck. There is a difference.

I personally believe that if a player is good, then a player is good and that you can gain only marginal advantages through the freebies. This is no different than the marginal advantage someone gets when they pick the Canucks or some other highly rated team when you pick your favourite.

As far as goalies being an advantage.. On my HUT for NHL 12, I rotated Lundqvist with a couple minor league goalie(as in not in the NHL) to keep under salary cap. TBH, It felt like Lundqvist let in more softies than the goalie rated 20 points lower. Maybe I just played stronger defence when I knew the goalie wasn't as highly rated, but ultimately that is what it comes down to because odds are the player you are facing will know how to get the cheapies so it comes down more to how you use your players to stop them.

I know what you mean about the same game for everyone, but most of these advantages are marginal due to the salary cap and can be overcome through good play. IMO, they are just good sales pitches to sell the season pass and ultimate edition.
  • Srl KlrSrl Klr402,448
    Posted on 08 August 12 at 03:55Permalink
    Only time I saw a good goalie seive out was when someone glitched which BTW EA why do you never fix the glitches? The freaking toe drag still works high rated defensemen become pylons if you do "the same deke" everytime.

On a side note how long after release do you actually get the game if you order from the EBGames website?
  • Posted on 08 August 12 at 17:08, Edited on 08 August 12 at 17:10 by Chakaal StarrPermalink
    Srl Klr said:
    Only time I saw a good goalie seive out was when someone glitched which BTW EA why do you never fix the glitches? The freaking toe drag still works high rated defensemen become pylons if you do "the same deke" everytime.

On a side note how long after release do you actually get the game if you order from the EBGames website?
    I haven't done an online preorder, but the games I ordered from there on a couple of occasions were only a couple days.

They sent them via purolator, and if your order is over a certain amount, it is free shipping(even though it is couriered). I don't think they tell you it is couriered on the site, but my ordered thus far have been. I think the amount is 20 or 30 dollars for the free shipping.(I tend to order a couple games at once)

I have also ordered from Futureshop.ca but they aren't as fast because it is regular mail. Amazon.ca seems to be the middle between the EB and FS in terms of speed.
  • tm1985tm1985210,219
    Posted on 10 August 12 at 11:46Permalink
    enzanblazer said:
    You don't lose the cards, you just need to apply contracts to them.
    fifasoccerblog.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.