Game Discussion: Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Save Problems

• Negative ZZNegative ZZ112,690
    Posted on 24 May 10 at 01:55
    Ok so I boot up Guitar Hero 3 at a aprty right. I'm signed in as me, the other guy just turns his controller on, and we play. Well later down the road, say an hour or two, the game doesn't want to cooperate. When it tries to save (Autosave and manual save), it says "Overwrite failed. No storage device was selected or is unavaliable" Or something of that tune.

So I pop in my flashdrive to try and save to that. "Save Failed". Ok, whatever, I'll just copy/move the save file to the flashdrive and try again. No dice.

Now obviously the hard drive/flash drive works, or it wouldn't of loaded the save in the first place. It's just saving that it has problems with. This has happened in the past when I play multiplayer local, but it only happens when the other deuchebag doesn't sign in. I've played online and local co-op just fine when people are signed in, but when people just turn a controller on, it fucks up.

HELP!!!!!
    "Chievios, toasted circles of multi grain gamerscore goodness, part of this balanced breakfast." DF
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 May 10 at 17:39
    This has happened to me as well I simply got round it by creating a non Xbox-Live guest account. However I remember going to options and reselecting the storage device and this problem seems to go away for the remainder of the session.

As for a cure, I can't think of one, and since the developers are occupied by the sequels there isn't likely to be a fix for it.

See if those remedies work.
    If anyone from Nintendo is reading this, please create an F-Zero game before I go mental!
    Posted on 26 May 10 at 19:26
    When I play MP with another player who is signed in as one of the 3 "guest" profiles on my xbox, things are fine. It's only when someone picks the controller up and doesn't log in to any of the "guest" profiles (Pwuck ZZ being my only online guest profile)

When I try to reselect a storage device, it says "This storage device is not connected or is unavaliable" No matter which one I select, my hard drive or my flash drive.
    "Chievios, toasted circles of multi grain gamerscore goodness, part of this balanced breakfast." DF
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 May 10 at 14:32
    Negative ZZ said:
    When I try to reselect a storage device, it says "This storage device is not connected or is unavaliable" No matter which one I select, my hard drive or my flash drive.
    I don't know what to say...you could always try contacting Activision or RedOctane for help, or clearing the cache.
    If anyone from Nintendo is reading this, please create an F-Zero game before I go mental!
    Posted on 27 May 10 at 20:52
    I would clear the cashe, but I have DLC. Unless it won't affect the DLC I may try that.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 June 10 at 17:42
    Clearing Cache does not delete DLC.
    Posted on 16 June 10 at 18:09
    No but it makes DLC not work.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.